StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Meltdown

Sorry if this was covered before. I was visiting family in MN and didn't have access to my laptop.

I was just really, really disappointed in this game (Redskins vs. MN). After the Niners and Bears had stacked the box and run blitzed us, thus clogging the running lanes and preventing anyone from running up the middle, we continued to try it, without any countermeasures. I would have thought that Childress would have come up with a solution to that after seeing it for two weeks in a row !!!!
    : Only late in the 3rd did we finally throw a screen to AP to get him in "space". We didn't run the "hot read" pass at all that I saw.

- Tarvaris. Madden said it all: "he doesn't have NFL mechanics". Thank you, John. You nailed it in 5 words". He has regressed since the Giants game. He really doesn't look like an NFL QB. Look at his mechanics. I don't like it at all, and particularly that insane "jump ball" thing he threw. Are you kidding me ? Don't we have a QB coach ?

- Defense: well, not having Winfield in hurt big. 31 was victimized all night. We didn't blitz enough.

In short, we were massively outcoached in this game. What a huge disappointment, to lose to a 3rd string QB at home.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikings Meltdown

Its all chilly he cant recognize that and change what he is doing on the run. It finally happened after half time. That is why he wasnt allowed to call the plays in philly. He cant adjust. You would think that ANY coach would have 2 plans after the 9ers game.
    1. If they stack the 8-9 man box go outside with screens and over the top
    2. If not run your game.

Its not that hard. I was at the Bears game and was calling 1/22 the plays as the players were coming out on the field. Chilly is too predictable at this point. I seen him make some trick plays and love his scheme as far as offense is concerned Its just not been adjusted during the game fast enuff.
    After the first half is over isnot going to win games for you. That is how I see it too. Up until the 9ers game we adid great with the outside game and screen passes then we shut it down. We didnt use Rice enuff. Rice is a great reciever that has great Cris Carter like talent. Not toally but as far as acrobatic catches. I gave him a nic name already. Score n Win because everytime he scores we win.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

All good points by both of you however it has been bantered about all week in the normal threads.....

Do a search on Thoughts, Rants, Observation and you will find the thread that is put up every week to discuss this stuff.

Another good one is "Childress Ho Hum".
    Lots of good discussions on your very points.\

Good to see ya back.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Sorry if this was covered before.
    After a terrible loss where we could've solidified a playoff spot, you do not think this was discussed?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Sorry if this was covered before.
    After a terrible loss where we could've solidified a playoff spot, you do not think this was discussed?
    LMAO.

Oh yeah... how did we forget to talk about this? ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=