Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

"pack93z" wrote:
    If the police seen him throwing punches, there will be little wiggle room for the mountain that is McKinnie.. if the bouncer testifies I think league action might be the least of his issues.. but I think no matter what.. MT. McKinnie will be sitting at least a game or two this season for this. This isn't his first brush with the legal side..
    LOL, your not helping in my endevours of trying to find a loophole my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Take it from a gent that is only 6'4", that if you are swinging in the middle of the crowd, them police seem to get a real good look.. at 6'8" I am sure that his actions were pretty clear.. then to make matters worse he is now fighting it instead of just owning up to his actions and taking his chances with the courts and the NFL... it would take a might "large" loophole to save him now.

I wonder when Ziggy will get the king size broom out and clean up this little mess..

BTW... I kind of expect a game for Barnett's little altercation this past season in a club... just so it doesn't appear that I am donning the Green and Gold glasses this morning..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Take it from a gent that is only 6'4", that if you are swinging in the middle of the crowd, them police seem to get a real good look.. at 6'8" I am sure that his actions were pretty clear.. then to make matters worse he is now fighting it instead of just owning up to his actions and taking his chances with the courts and the NFL... it would take a might "large" loophole to save him now.

I wonder when Ziggy will get the king size broom out and clean up this little mess..
    My quess is ole Bryzcheapski was directed by the Zigster to make sure there were clauses in the contract for this very deal.

Bet the broom will come out shortly after the Draft. They will have probably drafted a young guy and will pick up the best LT that can play in a ZB scheme that is cut by teams looking to clean up thier rosters.

Again, very sad indeed.
    Sure hope I am wrong.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    My quess is ole Bryzcheapski was directed by the Zigster to make sure there were clauses in the contract for this very deal.

Bet the broom will come out shortly after the Draft. They will have probably drafted a young guy and will pick up the best LT that can play in a ZB scheme that is cut by teams looking to clean up thier rosters.

Again, very sad indeed.
    Sure hope I am wrong.

:'(
    As a fan I can understand the sad part, but these gents have been told time after time that the NFL won't tolerate the NFL name to be sullied by this kind of activity. These grown men should know better than this, especially when they have been in trouble before. You are a high profile person when hitting these clubs, and some people with leverage that to see if they can "hit" the loto so to speak. But in the end it is your choices that get you in trouble, choose wiser.

Money and fame get you alot of comfortable things in this life, but along with those additives comes some added responsibility and risk, you need to manage those risks wisely.

I don't feel bad for Mt McKinnie, Barnett, Pacman, Moss or whomever.. you put yourself in that position, you have to deal with the issues that arise from them.

But again it is sad for the Vikings and there fans, because they may lose a vital cog of the oline, but Bryant himself won't be hurting very long.. because another team will sign him when released from the Vikes or Jail.. whichever comes the later.

delviking is offline Starter

i dont see a release unless he does this again before the season. but i think alot of you are forgeting that Aris Hicks spelled MT K after Hicks lost his RG spot to Herrera and also practiced in that spot when MT K was bringing his weight down during Training camp last year so Hicks knows the Left Tackle spot.

im not saying he is good but he can play that spot so whatever happen we do have a decent player already familiar with Hutch on that side.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

the problem with that is that Hicks is not a decent player.
    He is an awful player who is only on this team because of Chilly's Philly link.
    Hicks is a guard, and is not quick enough to play tackle, especially Left Tackle.
    If we end up going into the season with Hicks at LT, Childress needs to have his head examined.

Also keep in mind, this is a more serious action.
    Its not like he was smoking weed or getting a hummer in a stairwell.
    He hit a bouncer over the head with a pole.
    That is a violent, dangerous even life threatening act, and I fully expect he won't be starting at the beginning of the season.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the problem with that is that Hicks is not a decent player.
    He is an awful player who is only on this team because of Chilly's Philly link.
    Hicks is a guard, and is not quick enough to play tackle, especially Left Tackle.
    If we end up going into the season with Hicks at LT, Childress needs to have his head examined.

Also keep in mind, this is a more serious action.
    Its not like he was smoking weed or getting a hummer in a stairwell.
    He hit a bouncer over the head with a pole.
    That is a violent, dangerous even life threatening act, and I fully expect he won't be starting at the beginning of the season.
    While I wouldn't call Hicks an awful player, you are right in that he cannot play LT. I am seriously hoping that we find someone who can fill the hole if/when he gets suspended.
    And if that person plays decently... we could see McKinnie on the trade block next year.
    Just my thoughts...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I think he probably plead not guilty in the hopes that he can get the bouncer to drop the charges. Or maybe the police officers doesn't show up to court. In any case I am sure he has a high priced lawyer who knows the ins and outs. Most prosecuters wouldn't want to spend months taking a case like this to trial so maybe at some point they will reach a plea deal.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I think he probably plead not guilty in the hopes that he can get the bouncer to drop the charges. Or maybe the police officers doesn't show up to court. In any case I am sure he has a high priced lawyer who knows the ins and outs. Most prosecuters wouldn't want to spend months taking a case like this to trial so maybe at some point they will reach a plea deal.
    I agree with everything you said except for the part about the police officers not showing up in court...
    What would the odds of that be with such a high profile case?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast