Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikes could trade McKinnie for Peppers & Gross!

some teams don't take a suspension as seriously as we do.
    Remember, the Packers signed Koren Robinson right before he got suspended.
    Sure, McKinnie may get suspended, but teams would still trade for him because he is a young great left tackle, which is hard to find.

nareg is offline Rookie

This is a sweet deal for us im sure there are some picks involved originally it was our second and chester for gross and peppers( the OG rumor) or Our first for peppers which i still like, as long as they do something to bring him in he has amazing talent at a spot were we lack talent and thats being naive at best by saying we lack talent at DE.

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Texanvike" wrote:
    As much as would love to see that, it's just not going to happen.
    They wouldn't do it anyway, but they definately wouldn't do it when Mckinnie
    is facing a probable suspension.
    Its really not that far fetched if one were to think about it.....

Carolina is stuck with a DE that had a drastic drop off in production, who is also due a butt load of money this year and will need to be resigned sometime soon.
    If anyone were to pay attention to what the FA were getting this year, he would be able to make a pretty good swag at what a long term contract for Peppers would cost.

They obviously don't want to pay him the money for some reason and want to get something of value for him.

The Vikings have a pretty decent LT that even though he seems to get into a bit of trouble sometimes is a very attractive player that would help thier OL problems.
    The Vikings are trying to clean up thier image so that the "ho hum" voters in MN would be a bit more receptive to voting for a new stadium if all the "Trouble Makers" were gone from the team and it had a cleaner image.

They obviously would move him in a minute if they didn't have to take a cap hit and could get something of value for him.

As I said, a very interesting rumor if one were to dig into the deep dark bowels of rumordom.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I didn't read the rumor as both Peppers and Gross but more along the lines of McKinnie for Gross or Peppers.

Interesting rumor though.

;D
    That is more realistic in nature, thanks for dropping the Purple and Gold glasses for a second..

But IMO Gross isn't going anywhere, he is too young and too good of a player from the Panthers to ship out.. now Mt McKinnie for Peppers and a decent pick.. that could maybe happen, but honestly do you see any team trading for Bryant before this case is settled.. I don't.

Sorry Vike fans.. McKinnie will be on the roster until this case clears at least.. unless the give him away or cut him.. at least that is my take from the outside looking in.

KevinK is offline Starter

Yeah right, I wish.
    That would be to easy for the Vikings and to stupid for the Panthers.
    It would cost us a lot more draft picks in this trade as well.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Aren't they happy with Gross?
    I thought he just got a tag of some sort to keep him around.
    Peppers does play LDE, so that would fill a hole.
    Then we can spend our first on an OT...

McKinnie has been in enough trouble to warrant concern, and he's been lacking in motivation in many games.
    The Jets, 49ers, Lions, and Chiefs all allowed over 50 sacks last season...there's got to be somebody who'll take a chance on him.

KC has the biggest need, and the 4th pick in the second round.
    How bout for their 2nd and Thigpen?

I already tried to trade him to the Jets in my mock for a first round swap...but that might have to include a later pick too...

The 49ers have a late first and an early 2nd...give them McKinnie and a third for No.29?
    Then we could get an OT and a DE in the first.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

First of all, it can't be McKinnie for Peppers AND Gross, that's just a majorly stupid move by Carolina. It has to be McKinnie for Peppers OR Gross. Peppers is one of the best at the position and Gross is about as good as McKinnie (if not better)

Second,
    Childress also has benched players for missteps (Dwight Smith and Adrian Peterson among them)
    What?! Adrian Peterson!!! He looks to me as a nice guy who never gets in trouble. Anyone knows what he did to piss Chilly of?

Third,
    To that end, the Vikings are scheduled to bring veteran Gus Frerotte in for a workout today, agent Marvin Demoff said. Frerotte played for the Vikings in 2003 and 2004.
    I don't hope we bring back Frerotte, he's terrible! We should get someone else.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

McKinney and the #17 pick for Peppers and Gross..

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"HEY" wrote:
    First of all, it can't be McKinnie for Peppers AND Gross, that's just a majorly stupid move by Carolina. It has to be McKinnie for Peppers OR Gross. Peppers is one of the best at the position and Gross is about as good as McKinnie (if not better)

Second,
    Childress also has benched players for missteps (Dwight Smith and Adrian Peterson among them)
    What?! Adrian Peterson!!! He looks to me as a nice guy who never gets in trouble. Anyone knows what he did to piss Chilly of?
    Third,
    To that end, the Vikings are scheduled to bring veteran Gus Frerotte in for a workout today, agent Marvin Demoff said. Frerotte played for the Vikings in 2003 and 2004.
    He missed the team bus.
    If memory serves he was sidelined for the first quarter of a game (Denver I think).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

Second,
    Third,
    He missed the team bus.
    If memory serves he was sidelined for the first quarter of a game (Denver I think).
    thanks for the reply! Wow, Chilly is really strict!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast