Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 173
  1. #1
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    Miami police found McKinnie "in the middle of a large crowd, throwing punches and again yelling obscenities," according to the police report.

    The 6-foot-8, 335-pound former first-round draft pick is a staple on the offensive line, teaming with guard Steve Hutchinson and center Matt Birk to form one of the best in the league.

    He could face discipline from the league, which is cracking down on unruly behavior by its players off the field. McKinnie has a history of misbehavior, most notably when he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct following the infamous Love Boat incident on Lake Minnetonka in 2005.

    McKinnie signed a seven-year, $48.5 million contract extension in September 2006
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3298458
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  2. #2
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/16767111.html

    Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie pleaded not guilty Monday morning to all charges stemming from his Feb. 24 arrest outside a Miami nightclub.

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings lineman Bryant McKinnie pleads not guilty in Miami fight[/size]

    Next up for veteran offensive tackle: an April 11 hearing

    By Sean Jensen
    sjensen@pioneerpress.com

    Article Last Updated: 03/18/2008 12:34:55 AM CDT



    Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from his involvement in a fight outside a Miami nightclub in February, his attorney, Larry Kerr, said Monday....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    Good luck my big friend.

    Quick question to you guys in the know.......

    Does the incident alone cause the NFL to take action?
    What if he is cleared, does the NFL do nothing?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    I would say someone takes action.
    When Koren Robinson was arrested, he was cut before his trial even began.
    However, he was punished by Chilly, not the NFL.
    McKinnie is a key part of our offense, whereas Robinson was not, so I think he'll get punished, but for the most part, people will look the other way.

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I would say someone takes action.
    When Koren Robinson was arrested, he was cut before his trial even began.
    However, he was punished by Chilly, not the NFL.
    McKinnie is a key part of our offense, whereas Robinson was not, so I think he'll get punished, but for the most part, people will look the other way.
    I hope your right, but I don't believe people on the Vikes staff will look the other way just because he is a key part of the offense.
    Heck, AD missed some time in a very critical game cause he missed the bus or something like that.

    If nothing is done to him it will probably be because he wasn't guilty of anything.


    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    we had a reliable backup in chester taylor when AD wasn't in the game.
    We don't have a reliable backup at LT, and if McKinnie isn't playing, i guarantee we will lose at least half of those games.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I would say someone takes action.
    When Koren Robinson was arrested, he was cut before his trial even began.
    However, he was punished by Chilly, not the NFL.
    McKinnie is a key part of our offense, whereas Robinson was not, so I think he'll get punished, but for the most part, people will look the other way.
    I hope your right, but I don't believe people on the Vikes staff will look the other way just because he is a key part of the offense.
    Heck, AD missed some time in a very critical game cause he missed the bus or something like that.

    If nothing is done to him it will probably be because he wasn't guilty of anything.


    Small correction.
    If nothing is done to him it will probably be because he wasn't found guilty of anything. The only way I see this going away is if the bouncer he hit suddenly comes into a large sum of cash and he decides not to testify.

    I am torn.
    I want McKinnie to be held accountable for his actions.
    But I don't want to be without a viable RT for four games.

    At this point I have resigned myself to the fact that we will be without McKinnie for a quarter of the season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I would say someone takes action.
    When Koren Robinson was arrested, he was cut before his trial even began.
    However, he was punished by Chilly, not the NFL.
    McKinnie is a key part of our offense, whereas Robinson was not, so I think he'll get punished, but for the most part, people will look the other way.
    I hope your right, but I don't believe people on the Vikes staff will look the other way just because he is a key part of the offense.
    Heck, AD missed some time in a very critical game cause he missed the bus or something like that.

    If nothing is done to him it will probably be because he wasn't guilty of anything.


    Small correction.
    If nothing is done to him it will probably be because he wasn't found guilty of anything. The only way I see this going away is if the bouncer he hit suddenly comes into a large sum of cash and he decides not to testify.

    I am torn.
    I want McKinnie to be held accountable for his actions.
    But I don't want to be without a viable RT for four games.

    At this point I have resigned myself to the fact that we will be without McKinnie for a quarter of the season.
    You are probably correct.
    I was just looking for a loophole someplace that probably isn't there.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Vikings Mckinnie pleads not guilty to brawl chargers

    If the police seen him throwing punches, there will be little wiggle room for the mountain that is McKinnie.. if the bouncer testifies I think league action might be the least of his issues.. but I think no matter what.. MT. McKinnie will be sitting at least a game or two this season for this. This isn't his first brush with the legal side..

Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Man pleads guilty to DWI in motorized La-Z-Boy
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
  2. Scott Pleads guilty
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
  3. June trial date set for Vikings' McKinnie in Miami brawl
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 05:28 AM
  4. T. Taylor pleads guilty to 1 misdemeanor
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 06:49 AM
  5. Vikings safety pleads guilty to drunken driving
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •