Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Natadog is offline Waterboy

Vikings' McCombs openly lobbying for move -- or maybe he'll

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/michael_silver/10/27/vikings.mccombs/index.html

Not sure if you all have heard about this or not, sure you have, just thought you would like to see it.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

What a dumbass!! I hate that F*&@#r more and more everytime I read something on him!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

The Vikes DO need a new stadium.... Winter Park is really in need of some work as well..... but most importantly they're in need of new ownership.

Jackyl I don't know exactly what your job with the NFL is, but man McCombs has really shed a bad light on the whole vikings situation!! I have appreciated a lot that he has done for the vikes, but I am really starting to get pissed with all his talk about moving the team and talking about it to the media during the season. I think all that adds unneeded thoughts in the players and coaches heads! We all know that they need a new stadium and new facilities, it's just too bad that the rest of the people in Minny aren't as big of fans as we are. Hell if I were rich, I would gladly help fund a new stadium, but I'm not! I don't want to see another Norm Green type thing happen to the state of Minnesota sports! It would absolutely kill me if the vikes left!!!!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

It used to amaze me that ya'll thought Red was a jerk. The need for a stadium, and what MN gets outta the Vikes being there, should be clear. But after paying attention to stuff like this for hmmm, the last year, and especially, the last 6 months, I do somewhat understand now. Hope the new owner (and governor) come along quickly. I really, really do cringe at the thought of the L.A. Vikings. I would getta see all the games without paying for DirectTV, but it would just be WRONG.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It seems like a scare article. It basically said he wants but can't, therefore he thinks about selling.

The disturbing thing is how cheap Red is. That is why I think he is having a hard time finding people that want to help him with the stadium. They know he is whining "I am not making money" when he is a cheap ass penny pincher.

The guy is 77, how much longer will he be kicking? He is afraid he won't see the new stadium.

"At this point, I don't see relocation as a viable alternative, because the league has said, 'You've got to make it work [in Minnesota].' The league knows I'd be very happy to be in L.A., but I'd also like to be here with a new stadium."

This statement is positive for MN fans, atleast for the time being.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

we will not be allowed to move to LA, i just dont see it ever happening but a new stadium needs to happen soon and make it Outdoors!
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

"dart18" wrote:
    we will not be allowed to move to LA, i just dont see it ever happening but a new stadium needs to happen soon and make it Outdoors!
    That's probably what the old Colts fans and the Browns fans said too!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I hate red, I hate red, I hate red...
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

poult is offline Asst. Coach

man, thats just messed up. i dont even think id still wanna root for the vikes if they left minnesota. i said to hell with the northstars when they left and swtiched to the redwings...... i cant see myself switching to the lions though, and never to the pack..... id be a man without a team i guess.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast