Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vikings may want to think twice about the 'Tampa-2'

"SKOL" wrote:
    "MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:
    The big question is going to be, will Childress be able to make adjustments on the fly?
    This gets back to an earlier quote of Childress:

"Brad Childress" wrote:
    "When you prepare (for a game) at this level, it's all laying in front of you right there. It's not appropriate to go out of the box and pull something that's not on the game-plan sheet. This is such a segmented game now that you've got your calls on third-and-3 or 4, or third-and-short, or inside the five-yard line.
    I just hope he wasn't serious. Good coaches make adjustments as the game goes on, like a chess match.
    This is the first quote from BC that actually makes me wonder if we go the right guy. He has said all the right things up to now but geez come on someone with his years of experience has to realize that once the game starts he has to make adjustments.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

randy moss is the best offensive player in the league not smith; urlacher just said that cause he made them look bad and he's looking for excuses
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    "MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:
    The big question is going to be, will Childress be able to make adjustments on the fly?
    This gets back to an earlier quote of Childress:

"Brad Childress" wrote:
    "When you prepare (for a game) at this level, it's all laying in front of you right there. It's not appropriate to go out of the box and pull something that's not on the game-plan sheet. This is such a segmented game now that you've got your calls on third-and-3 or 4, or third-and-short, or inside the five-yard line.
    I just hope he wasn't serious. Good coaches make adjustments as the game goes on, like a chess match.
    Oh, come on! Childress knows that good coaches make adjustments...heck, he coached under Reid, who's no slouch...what he was saying is that the good coaches pre-plan for as many situations as possible, so that when the situations arise they already know what their decision should be...this is what facilitates the "thinking on the fly". Think about your particular job...if you think ahead, you already know what you are going to do when something bad happens. Those coaches that can't "think on the fly" are mostly unprepared...those that can are the most prepared. The chess analogy is a good one...the best chessmasters know all the moves ahead of time...the adjustments that they make during a game are just small variations on the same theme!
    This is the first quote from BC that actually makes me wonder if we go the right guy. He has said all the right things up to now but geez come on someone with his years of experience has to realize that once the game starts he has to make adjustments.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Rastak is offline Rookie

Yea, I think he's saying you don't pull stuff out of left field in the middle of the game. At least I HOPE that's what he's saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12