Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings may lose CB Brian Williams

juran bolden, terry cousin, will allen, r.w. mcquarters, dante wesley..all as good as williams
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    b will made like 3 plays this year and thats it..i will still never forget all the times that hes been burnt in 1 on 1 coverage with big, fat, slow TE's..he is an awful cover guy who misses tackles often..he made a couple nice plays this year (notice i said a couple) and you guys make him out to be amazing..hes not, he stinks, and hes no better than smoot..we can go get someone better than him to play in the 3rd corner spot through FA..it was his contract year so he stepped up and made his 3 plays in order to get paid, now he goes back to the b will of the last 2 seasons, where he got burnt at least 3-4 times a game
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......
    i dont know what the heck you are watching when you see williams, but he is MAYBE average, but nothing better than that..there is no stat for the number of times that you get burnt by a receiver or TE, so how is what i said not valid? why do i need to look at his stats? the reason he has so many tackles is because of the god awful run defense and LB's we've had the last couple years..everyone in the secondary has made a ton of tackles for us over the last couple of years, which only shows that your LB's are terrible..ive seen with my own eyes brian williams getting burnt more than once for every game that hes played in
    Sorry man, that opinion is yours to keep. You simply stating that you "Saw" him get burned oh so many times is not enough for me. Especially when I watched the same games and left with something different.

Especially when he is going to be one of the most desirable CB's in free agency, especially when his stats are comparable to Fred Smoots who certain people on here deemed to be one of the best.

Good luck convincing the masses that he is bad because you saw him get burned. While you are trying to convince them of that, you might as well try to convince them that you know where he was supposed to be and what defense was called. That way we all know that you have a good understanding of what he was supposed to do and where he was supposed to be doing it.

Because as it stands now, you had a head coach saying he was playing at a very high level, you have a free agent market that is going to snap him up, you have constant praise for the guy in press conferences post game, you have years of consistency and playmaking on paper, and all you have in defense is "I saw him get burned"
    fine by me..ive never liked the guy and always thought we could get something better..obviously i was right because we signed smoot in the offseason and immediately demoted williams..on top of that, we attempted to sign Mcquarters to play the NB spot, which wouldve pushed williams back to the 4th spot
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

i saw williams get burnt, and apparently the coaching staff and management did too if they signed another starting corner, and then also went after another nickle back as well

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    b will made like 3 plays this year and thats it..i will still never forget all the times that hes been burnt in 1 on 1 coverage with big, fat, slow TE's..he is an awful cover guy who misses tackles often..he made a couple nice plays this year (notice i said a couple) and you guys make him out to be amazing..hes not, he stinks, and hes no better than smoot..we can go get someone better than him to play in the 3rd corner spot through FA..it was his contract year so he stepped up and made his 3 plays in order to get paid, now he goes back to the b will of the last 2 seasons, where he got burnt at least 3-4 times a game
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......
    i dont know what the heck you are watching when you see williams, but he is MAYBE average, but nothing better than that..there is no stat for the number of times that you get burnt by a receiver or TE, so how is what i said not valid? why do i need to look at his stats? the reason he has so many tackles is because of the god awful run defense and LB's we've had the last couple years..everyone in the secondary has made a ton of tackles for us over the last couple of years, which only shows that your LB's are terrible..ive seen with my own eyes brian williams getting burnt more than once for every game that hes played in
    Sorry man, that opinion is yours to keep. You simply stating that you "Saw" him get burned oh so many times is not enough for me. Especially when I watched the same games and left with something different.

Especially when he is going to be one of the most desirable CB's in free agency, especially when his stats are comparable to Fred Smoots who certain people on here deemed to be one of the best.

Good luck convincing the masses that he is bad because you saw him get burned. While you are trying to convince them of that, you might as well try to convince them that you know where he was supposed to be and what defense was called. That way we all know that you have a good understanding of what he was supposed to do and where he was supposed to be doing it.

Because as it stands now, you had a head coach saying he was playing at a very high level, you have a free agent market that is going to snap him up, you have constant praise for the guy in press conferences post game, you have years of consistency and playmaking on paper, and all you have in defense is "I saw him get burned"

fine by me..ive never liked the guy and always thought we could get something better..obviously i was right because we signed smoot in the offseason and immediately demoted williams..on top of that, we attempted to sign Mcquarters to play the NB spot, which wouldve pushed williams back to the 4th spot
    And there you have it!

The real reason you want him gone. It has nothing to do with his great play making abilities.............

............It's just the fact that you just don't like him.

Kinda reminds me of someone else who didn't like Chavous, simply because of his name. LMAO!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"olson_10" wrote:
    i saw williams get burnt, and apparently the coaching staff and management did too if they signed another starting corner, and then also went after another nickle back as well
    They went after others because Offord went down with a season ending injury & also due to Smoot getting hurt.

Del Rio Guest

I always looked at it as they signed Smoot because we were very thin at the CB position.

Irvin went down and Brian Williams was forced to play on a bad knee because there was no one left.

So since Red was spend happy last offseason he through as much money as he could at a guy who really didnt deserve it. Jokes on the Vikings though because now you have a loudmouth corner who can't get the job done, who is hurt all year and a guy who can tackle like no other but can't cover to save his ass.

Meanwhile I guess it's win win situation between you and Brian Williams, he gets to get paid massive ammounts of cash and get the hell away from a fan base that never appreciated him and was always looking for the next best thing, so much in fact that they would waste a large ammount of money on a mouth with no game.

And then you win because you don't have to watch him anymore. Of course it will suck for you when you see Smoot and Winfield getting burned just as bad, just like they did this year, but I suppose we wont get to hear about that because you own their jersey or something :grin:

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by olson_10
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......

And there you have it!

The real reason you want him gone. It has nothing to do with his great play making abilities.............

Kinda reminds me of someone else who didn't like Chavous, simply because of his name. LMAO!
    apparently you cant read the rest of what i said..i clearly said that management and the coaching staff mustve agreed with me if they brough in another starter to replace williams, and then attempted to demote him to 4th string by trying to sign mcquarters..we will see who is right when we find out how much money we offer him

"olson_10" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Rio
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......

And there you have it!

apparently you cant read the rest of what i said..i clearly said that management and the coaching staff mustve agreed with me if they brough in another starter to replace williams, and then attempted to demote him to 4th string by trying to sign mcquarters..we will see who is right when we find out how much money we offer him
    I already addressed that. Read my last post.

Del Rio Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......

And there you have it!

That's exactly what this argument always boils down to Singer.

I don't like him, I saw him get burned............

That's fine, but don't try to convince me it's true just because you don't like the guy or if your only supporting information is "I saw him get burned"

A simple, "I'm glad he will be gone, I never liked him" would do.

But solitude is lonely and smoke must be blown up peoples asses to try and convince them to join in on the unsubstantiated blasting of a player.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I always looked at it as they signed Smoot because we were very thin at the CB position.

Irvin went down and Brian Williams was forced to play on a bad knee because there was no one left.

So since Red was spend happy last offseason he through as much money as he could at a guy who really didnt deserve it. Jokes on the Vikings though because now you have a loudmouth corner who can't get the job done, who is hurt all year and a guy who can tackle like no other but can't cover to save his jiggly butt.

Meanwhile I guess it's win win situation between you and Brian Williams, he gets to get paid massive ammounts of cash and get the hell away from a fan base that never appreciated him and was always looking for the next best thing, so much in fact that they would waste a large ammount of money on a mouth with no game.

And then you win because you don't have to watch him anymore. Of course it will suck for you when you see Smoot and Winfield getting burned just as bad, just like they did this year, but I suppose we wont get to hear about that because you own their jersey or something :grin:
    i didnt mention smoot or winfield, though we can both agree im sure that winfield is superior to williams in every way..the smoot signing i never liked in the first place because i never thought he was that good either..but to what i was saying, we signed smoot specifically to start opposite of winfield, knowing this would anger williams..and to further add to that, we tried to sign mcquarters for the purpose of playing 3rd string..we tried to demote him to 4th string..my point is that he is not starting material because he is not a good cover corner..and if you still disagree, then you also disagree with vikings management

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast