Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Vikings may lose CB Brian Williams

"olson_10" wrote:
    b will made like 3 plays this year and thats it..i will still never forget all the times that hes been burnt in 1 on 1 coverage with big, fat, slow TE's..he is an awful cover guy who misses tackles often..he made a couple nice plays this year (notice i said a couple) and you guys make him out to be amazing..hes not, he stinks, and hes no better than smoot..we can go get someone better than him to play in the 3rd corner spot through FA..it was his contract year so he stepped up and made his 3 plays in order to get paid, now he goes back to the b will of the last 2 seasons, where he got burnt at least 3-4 times a game
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    We dont need Williams, Everyone forget about Dovonte Edwards? he will be a way better corner then Brian has ever dreamed of being and with Winfield, Smoot and Edwards why would we need Williams at corner? If he will play safety then that is cool but his agent said he wont so then i say goodbye Brian Williams.
    why does everyone on this site like a player because they make 1 or 2 nice plays all season? did you not see him get burnt for a TD later on in the same game that he picked off favre? you have to judge the guy on his entire season, and i saw him get burnt alot more times than i saw him make plays
    Look at his career stats and then talk.

Apparently you weren't watching the same games that I was. If thats all you got is "I saw him get burned" then it isn't enough.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    b will is awsome and we would do well to resign him but if he leaves it wont be horrible we have enough able bodied men to play the position.
    such as who? ralph brown? adrian Ward? Ralph brown is just terrible, Adrian Ward hasn't played much at all. The only player i would be ok with being there is Dovonte Edwards, but even still, he's unproven and everyone loves him because of one big play against GB. We need to keep b-will and if we do lose him we need to get a solid NB in FA. we don't need a Stud at NB, just someone who consistently does what he's asked
    thank you for finally pointing out that he only made 1 play lol, ive been waiting for someone else to do that..williams can go, but only if we get a better replacement through FA, which i know we can find because williams isnt very good
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    We dont need Williams, Everyone forget about Dovonte Edwards? he will be a way better corner then Brian has ever dreamed of being and with Winfield, Smoot and Edwards why would we need Williams at corner? If he will play safety then that is cool but his agent said he wont so then i say goodbye Brian Williams.
    why does everyone on this site like a player because they make 1 or 2 nice plays all season? did you not see him get burnt for a TD later on in the same game that he picked off favre? you have to judge the guy on his entire season, and i saw him get burnt alot more times than i saw him make plays

Apparently you weren't watching the same games that I was. If thats all you got is "I saw him get burned" then it isn't enough.
    Edwards? what career stats?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    b will is awsome and we would do well to resign him but if he leaves it wont be horrible we have enough able bodied men to play the position.
    such as who? ralph brown? adrian Ward? Ralph brown is just terrible, Adrian Ward hasn't played much at all. The only player i would be ok with being there is Dovonte Edwards, but even still, he's unproven and everyone loves him because of one big play against GB. We need to keep b-will and if we do lose him we need to get a solid NB in FA. we don't need a Stud at NB, just someone who consistently does what he's asked
    thank you for finally pointing out that he only made 1 play lol, ive been waiting for someone else to do that..williams can go, but only if we get a better replacement through FA, which i know we can find because williams isnt very good
    He's pointing out that Dovonte Edwards made one play.......not Brian Williams :neutral:

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:

I'm a moron, I thought you were talking about B-will :sad:

Del Rio Guest

One more cup of coffee and I'll have my head on straight, my apologies :grin:

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    b will made like 3 plays this year and thats it..i will still never forget all the times that hes been burnt in 1 on 1 coverage with big, fat, slow TE's..he is an awful cover guy who misses tackles often..he made a couple nice plays this year (notice i said a couple) and you guys make him out to be amazing..hes not, he stinks, and hes no better than smoot..we can go get someone better than him to play in the 3rd corner spot through FA..it was his contract year so he stepped up and made his 3 plays in order to get paid, now he goes back to the b will of the last 2 seasons, where he got burnt at least 3-4 times a game
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......
    i dont know what the heck you are watching when you see williams, but he is MAYBE average, but nothing better than that..there is no stat for the number of times that you get burnt by a receiver or TE, so how is what i said not valid? why do i need to look at his stats? the reason he has so many tackles is because of the god awful run defense and LB's we've had the last couple years..everyone in the secondary has made a ton of tackles for us over the last couple of years, which only shows that your LB's are terrible..ive seen with my own eyes brian williams getting burnt more than once for every game that hes played in

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:

I'm a silly guy, I thought you were talking about B-will :sad:
    lol yah that one was about edwards..not NB material like that guy was trying to say

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah right......
    i dont know what the heck you are watching when you see williams, but he is MAYBE average, but nothing better than that..there is no stat for the number of times that you get burnt by a receiver or TE, so how is what i said not valid? why do i need to look at his stats? the reason he has so many tackles is because of the god awful run defense and LB's we've had the last couple years..everyone in the secondary has made a ton of tackles for us over the last couple of years, which only shows that your LB's are terrible..ive seen with my own eyes brian williams getting burnt more than once for every game that hes played in
    Sorry man, that opinion is yours to keep. You simply stating that you "Saw" him get burned oh so many times is not enough for me. Especially when I watched the same games and left with something different.

Especially when he is going to be one of the most desirable CB's in free agency, especially when his stats are comparable to Fred Smoots who certain people on here deemed to be one of the best.

Good luck convincing the masses that he is bad because you saw him get burned. While you are trying to convince them of that, you might as well try to convince them that you know where he was supposed to be and what defense was called. That way we all know that you have a good understanding of what he was supposed to do and where he was supposed to be doing it.

Because as it stands now, you had a head coach saying he was playing at a very high level, you have a free agent market that is going to snap him up, you have constant praise for the guy in press conferences post game, you have years of consistency and playmaking on paper, and all you have in defense is "I saw him get burned"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast