singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings may actually be better without Culpepper

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    haha im just teasing singer
    I knew that Lotza! I saw the J/K.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I mostly agree with the article. I think PeP has more skill then Brad but I just think our recievers will thrive with a calm pocket passer like Brad.

Do all of you know we have 3 top 10 draft picks in our reciever corps?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

So with all this being said, am I still going to be criticized for saying entertaining trade offers for Pep can be a good thing?

As many times as Johnson was hit and never fumbled. That's a huge difference compared to Pep. We'll never know for sure but that hit BJ took when he was sacked, Pep would have probably fumbled. I'm saying that because of what I've seen in the past. Johnson can read and handle blitzes better than Pep.

On the other hand, if WRs would have caught some of BJs passes they would have had a decent game offensively and probably wouldn't have relied on STs so much.

I'm not going to sit here and say the Vikings are an elite team yet. It takes more wins with consistency. However due to their schedule their is an outside chance they make the playoffs. If they do and the D gels by then, the O feels more confident, who knows what can happen. I know BJ likes TW. If they get clicking, watch out. Defenses will have to take the 8th person out of the box to start defending against long passes. That may open up their running game. The OL seems to be getting a little better. With protection comes confidence. With confidence comes good play. With good play, comes wins. It's not out of the question but I think they still have a long way to go.

To get a high second round pick for pep would be a blessing. I fully admit I was one of the guys ready to crush anyone who thought PeP was the problem with this team. I admit when I'm wrong and I was. If PeP would have started in New York we would not have one. In order to win in that fashion you have to play complete mistake free football. I wish PeP all the luck in the world but I am happier and more relaxed with a proven winner at the helm.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:
    So with all this being said, am I still going to be criticized for saying entertaining trade offers for Pep can be a good thing?
    You can entertain anything you like. Just don't invite me to your party. :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I'll go

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Seriously people, 2 wins does not quantify getting rid of a probowl QB or saying a back-up QB is the long term answer. Really, check yourselves before you WRECK yourself .... (wiggity, wiggity .... WHACK !!!)

These are the same people who said CPep needed time and the offense in general to gell together (new receivers, new o-corrdinator, etc)...... SO GIVE HIM SOME TIME !!!! Plus, the season ending injury to Birk is BIGGER than everyone really realizes, he was CPep's TRUE safety blanket, not Moss or Linny. Everyone knows that is takes an offense longer to come together than defense. That's why defense's always rule the first couple weeks of the season. Then you will say, "Pep was fumbling and all ...." well he said himself that he was hurting early in the season and didn't want to say anything (so defense's wouldn't go after his knee's) and as we all saw, he wasn't as mobile as we are used to, in turn come the sacks, hurries for int's and defensive lineman getting to him faster.

So, get off you high horses and dont even think in your wildest dreams that we are better off without CPep. What do you want to do, bring in a washed up vet QB or take a large gamble on one in the draft. Remember, we are only one hit away from Wynn being our QB the rest of the way .... ya, how's that make ya feel ???

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper will come back next season. work harder this offseason then any other one. and make some better chemistry with his recievers.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Do I think Johnson is a better QB then CPep. NO! Do I think the coachs should have had CPep throwing quick passes like Johnson dose(the only kind he knows how too) YES! I still blame the coaching for CPeps poor play, they let him try for the homerun time and time again when we don't have the recivers or the Oline to do it time and time again.
    I.B.O.T. #213

Prophet Guest

Vikings may actually be better without Culpepper
    Carrots cause cancer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast