Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Vikings make roster cuts

Nnnnnoooooo....not Barrick Nealy!

This season is over!

:razz:

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Relatively painless cuts at this point. Harder decisions are coming and not eveyone will agree with them. Alot of hard work is put in by the coaches trainers and especially the athletes whos dreams are made or dashed.
    We have a talented team. Let things work themselves out. We should have debth in places where we hadn't, and may find a surprise or two.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I once worked with a guy who had the chance to work with the Pit.Steelers, he was a first round cut also....

But he was really happy he said, that at least he had the chance to practice and play with the players, even if he didn't make the cut....

I think all those who do get cut, should be thankfull that they even had a shot at making the big time, most people only dream about getting the chance.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I once worked with a guy who had the chance to work with the Pit.Steelers, he was a first round cut also....

But he was really happy he said, that at least he had the chance to practice and play with the players, even if he didn't make the cut....

I think all those who do get cut, should be thankfull that they even had a shot at making the big time, most people only dream about getting the chance.....
    :scratch: But he did make the cut....................

He was cut wasn't he? :wink: :razz:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

poor guy congrats on the wedding though

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

Singer, I'm to old to go back to english class, he didn't make the cut....

He didn't get past it.....Get it.......You need a chill pill bud... :roll: :wink:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

He didn't get past it.....Get it.......You need a chill pill bud... :roll: :wink:
    You've been working to hard Ned.

If he didn't make the team, then he was cut

If he didn't make the cut, then he made the team.

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

This is quite possibly the silliest argument I've read on the board so far (however I've only been reading for a little over a year); nonetheless, Ned is right on the "phraseology". If something doesn't "make the cut" then it isn't accepted (in this instance onto the team).

The web guys have informed me that the phrase originally comes from hollywood because if your scence made it through the cutting session when putting the film together, then it made it into the movie as a whole hence making (it past) the cut.

Therefore, though he WAS cut, technically he didn't MAKE the cut.

-DD

P.S. - I feel ridiculous for not being able to just pass this topic by, I need help... :tard:
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

This is quite possibly the silliest argument I've read on the board so far (however I've only been reading for a little over a year); nonetheless, Ned is right on the "phraseology". If something doesn't "make the cut" then it isn't accepted (in this instance onto the team).

The web guys have informed me that the phrase originally comes from hollywood because if your scence made it through the cutting session when putting the film together, then it made it into the movie as a whole hence making (it past) the cut.

Therefore, though he WAS cut, technically he didn't MAKE the cut.

-DD

P.S. - I feel ridiculous for not being able to just pass this topic by, I need help... :tard:
    Obviously, you don't know that Ned & I are soon to be related & are close friends. We are just razzing each other. :grin

We got 1 Ned. :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12