singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Mailbag - Answering your questions

[size=13pt]OPENING THE MAILBAG[/size]

MAY 08, 2007

Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Mailbag - Answering your questions

A little insight into the minds of the organization for anybody that still doesn't understand.

Why do you think the Vikings passed on Brady Quinn, a potential franchise quarterback?

Because they have their franchise quarterback and Adrian Peterson presented the Vikings with much more value. Peterson was high on their draft board and he fell to them at seven. Coach Childress has said numerous times that he is comfortable going into the season with the quarterbacks he has, which is why he didn't feel the need to draft Quinn. Peterson gives the Vikings a true game-breaking threat.

Why did the Vikings draft Sidney Rice instead of Dwayne Jarrett in the second round?

The Vikings drafted Rice over Jarrett because they had Rice higher on their board than they did Jarrett. Rice is a tall, like Jarrett, but he is faster than the USC receiver and he has a high vertical leap. Coach Childress and Rick Spielman also said his experience in a passing system and with offensive guru Steve Spurrier was a plus.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Also this:

Will the Vikings sign Keyshawn Johnson now that he has been released by Carolina? I think he would be a good fit with his veteran leadership and his ball skills.

There could be a place for a veteran, possession receiver on the Vikings roster, but I'm not sure if Keyshawn Johnson is that guy. In the past, Johnson has been disgruntled and outspoken and that might not be the type of player the Vikings want to invite into their locker room. On the other hand, there is no doubting Johnson's toughness and ability to cross the middle and make tough catches.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

CBS sportline rumour mill said we are considering bringing keyshawn in for a workout. Probably BS. Want a link? too bad go to nfl.com and find the link to rumour mill.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I never put very much stock in rumors...too often, all they are is some dipshit's opinion or wild-ass "guess" as to a POSSIBLE (not probable) action by a team or player.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    CBS sportline rumour mill said we are considering bringing keyshawn in for a workout. Probably BS. Want a link? too bad go to nfl.com and find the link to rumour mill.
    "renovikesfan" wrote:
    I never put very much stock in rumors...too often, all they are is some dipshit's opinion or wild-ass "guess" as to a POSSIBLE (not probable) action by a team or player.
    Nor do I.
    Especially when the Vikings state;

There could be a place for a veteran, possession receiver on the Vikings roster, but I'm not sure if Keyshawn Johnson is that guy. In the past, Johnson has been disgruntled and outspoken and that might not be the type of player the Vikings want to invite into their locker room.

Here's the rumor;

Minnesota Vikings Updated:05/03/2007

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that former Vikings receiver Travis Taylor pleaded guilty to one count of disorderly conduct and could face a one-game suspension as part of the NFL's new personal conduct policy. Coach Brad Childress was surprised to hear that Carolina had released receiver Keyshawn Johnson and might take a look at him.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "renovikesfan" wrote:
    Nor do I.
    Especially when the Vikings state;

There could be a place for a veteran, possession receiver on the Vikings roster, but I'm not sure if Keyshawn Johnson is that guy. In the past, Johnson has been disgruntled and outspoken and that might not be the type of player the Vikings want to invite into their locker room.

Here's the rumor;

Minnesota Vikings Updated:05/03/2007

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that former Vikings receiver Travis Taylor pleaded guilty to one count of disorderly conduct and could face a one-game suspension as part of the NFL's new personal conduct policy. Coach Brad Childress was surprised to hear that Carolina had released receiver Keyshawn Johnson and might take a look at him.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR
    LMFAO

Sportsline must be letting their interns do the Rumor Mill again. Especially since Travis Taylor has nothing to do with the Vikes anymore.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Were are the Spielman haters now?
    Damn good move if you as me.
    3rd round pick next year to boot.
    ;D

What did the Vikings get in the trade to Denver in the fourth round?
    --Matt

I'm glad you asked this question, Matt. Of the eight selections and two trades the Vikings were involved in over the weekend, this was one of the best moves. The Broncos coveted defensive tackle Marcus Thomas and wanted to move up to acquire him. For giving up their fourth-round pick to the Broncos, Minnesota received a sixth- and seventh-round pick in 2007 and a third-round pick in next year's draft. With the extra draft picks in this draft, Minnesota selected linebacker Rufus Alexander and receiver Chandler Williams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=13pt]OPENING THE MAILBAG[/size]

MAY 18, 2007

Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Why did the Vikings draft Sidney Rice instead of Dwayne Jarrett in the second round?

The Vikings drafted Rice over Jarrett because they had Rice higher on their board than they did Jarrett...
    lmao, i swear there are fans that don't understand that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast