Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' loss exposes major flaws

[size=13pt]Loss exposes major flaws[/size]

Play of Bollinger and special teams disturb Childress

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 08/26/2007 11:03:55 PM CDT

With one exhibition test remaining, wide receiver Bobby Wade has thrown more touchdown passes (1) than starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson (0), but that might be the least of the Vikings' problems....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' loss exposes major flaws

Nice read my friend.
    Thanks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Just gotta keep getting better. Cook and Johnson will need to improve to keep us from going for a RT on the waiver wire, Brooks is a gonner, I'm looking for Holcomb to be signed later this week, or early next week.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Just gotta keep getting better. Cook and Johnson will need to improve to keep us from going for a RT on the waiver wire, Brooks is a gonner, I'm looking for Holcomb to be signed later this week, or early next week.
    I'm not so sure.
    I sure hope they do something.
    BB isn't the answer.

Few questions.....

a.
    Will he just get cut or will the Falcons send a pick over?
    b.
    If he does get cut will the Falcons get in a bidding war with us and if they do how high will we go for a old vet that only has 5401 yds and 3 TD's over a 11 year career.
    c.
    With the montra of "Building Through the Draft" will the Vikes give up a valuable pick for this guy.
    d.
    Does he want to come here?

My assesment is that the Falcons have already made an offer (draft pick) to the Eagles for him.
    The Eagles didn't like the offer or are hoping the Vikings will give them a better pick.
    The Vikings are playing things close to thier vest and will only snatch him up if he gets a cut out right.

If he gets cut outright, we could burn some additional CAP dollars and out bid the Falcons for him, however, I don't see us giving up a pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikes Offense Still a Cause for Concern[/size]

Posted Aug 26th 2007 12:13PM by JJ Cooper
    sports.aol.com

The preseason's almost over, but there's still a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Vikings offense.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We won't give more than a 6th round pick for Holcomb. We also have some cap room and can afford a 2 year contract. Kelly's familiar with our offense, and would be a better number 2 than BB. As far as our recieving core, I really think that the play calling and formations have been kept simple to not show our hand. Expect more attacking the seam with slot recievers TE's, and RB's, screens, motion, and play action to create mismatches. Can't wait for Atlanta to get a look at a open playbook.

Give me a strong running game, a great defense and a QB that doesn't make dumb mistakes and I will give you a playoff run.

Key is TJ just can't make mistakes and our Damn ST play needs to not give up field position.
    >

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Nice reads Singer,

I believe our #1 concern is still our speical teams play.
    It's a much bigger part of the overall team play than most people like to admit.

Most good teams, play good, on all 3 sides of the ball....O....D...ST.......We are lacking in ST's play very much right now....NOT GOOD

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

ST looks as if it will be a flaw all season long. Other than penalties though, we looked fine on offense. Cook struggled in a loud stadium, not to make excuses, but I expect some growing pains from him as well. There were a lot of positives from our first team offense that shouldn't be overlooked as well.

Longwell on the other hand looks horrible. A veteran kicker can't be missing those. I think Kluwe will be fine.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

We need to start watching the waiver wire and get a guy who can kick the damn ball into the endzone with a bit of a hang time.

Of course every team out there is that has one of these critters is just dying to cut him so we can pick him up.
    ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast