Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings lose to Philly LOL!!!!!

It took them 5 minutes to think of that retort. Wow, Packer fans are even dumber than I thought.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

poult is offline Asst. Coach

yep, 5 minutes atleast. and they were pretty impressed with themselves too. all i know is i didnt give them any crap about losing to the bears on monday when i went in, but tuesday they decide to talk trash about the vikes. i can just imagine what these cheeseheads would do if the vikes lose to the bears on sunday, id probably never hear the end of it, even though the packers went through the samething sunday.

but then again, we wont lose to the bears at home.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It's the same way at my work in Brown Deer poult! I have gotten so much crap after a vikings loss it's incredible. Also, did those people remember that the packers LOST to the cardinals last year too!! Packer fans are idiots!! (No offense los and packman!!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

I have a few friends who are Packers fans, and they did the same thing. On Monday before the game they were saying the Vikes would lose, and I told them that even if they did it's not even close to as bad as losing to the Bears. They still came back on Monday trying to make fun of the Vikes. I just laughed at them for even trying.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

If Im an idiot for calling the Viking loss a blow out, then ya'll are idiots too for calling the PAcker loss one. In fact, if Green scores insted of the BEars on that ONE play... the pack wins... simple...

but yet, i would still say the Pack got blown away at home... they were outplayed... same as the Vikes... oh well
    3 Straight Division Champs

I wouldn't say either game was a blowout. I also think that if both the vikings and packers scored before their halves, they both would have won!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I have a question for you packman. Do you think Sherman should've kicked the FG and then tried for the onside kick, or do you agree with going for it on 4th and 8 or 9 or whatever it was and getting the TD first? Personally, I would have wanted to take the FG and then try to get the onside kick. Let me know what you think.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    If "IF" was a fifth, we (all NFL fans) would be drunk! An old friend in Dallas who is a huge Cowgirls fan once told me that...and as nonsensical as it sounds, we all (all NFL fans) think the same way. That being said, if the Vikes hadn't screwed themselves so much last night, they would have won the game. No disrespect to the Iggles D, but the Vikes only punted once (I think).

I heard that saying but it was a little different. If "if" was a spliff then we'd all be stoned. but its all :cheers:
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

VKE4LIFE...

Im not sure.. thats a great question. Hindsight is 20/20, so yeah I might have, but they were moving the ball at that time. Either way, the Bears were playing WAY too well to let the Pack win anyhow. I agree with you however, but its not something I'd want Shermans head for. The loss was wierd, more yard, more time of Poss... the TO's just killed us.

Kind alike the non-replay on the culpepper fumble... hindsight tells me it wasnt a fumble, but I was sure hoping they wouldnt replay it!!!
    3 Straight Division Champs

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Well I am late with this thread but have been gone for the week, so I will now put my 2 cents in.

There was no eagle domination in this game. We had 410 yards of offense to their 317. Time of possession was 37:53 to 22:07 in our favor. First downs were 25 to 19 in our favor. There was one stat that tells everything in this game, and says why we lost, PENALTIES. We had 10 for 70 yards, and the eagles had 3 for 25 yards. Also, most of our 10 were by our offense, when we were in or close to the redzone. Plus that call on winfield for holding, after we had stopped them on 3rd down, was completely bogus.

If anything I would say we were closer to dominating them, then they were to dominating us, considering the only one who stopped us, was us. We clearly showed we can easily beat the eagles, if we don't make the stupid mistakes and have all the dumb drive killing penalties. But, we also see that we need to get home field advantage over the eagles, in the playoffs.

The playcalling was absolutely horrible on offense. I said all last week, that we weren't gonna win by throwing the ball, no matter how successful we were at throwing the ball. To beat a good football team on the road, you need to pound the ball right at them, like the pack did to the panthers 2 weeks ago. We didn't even try to run the ball in the 2nd half.

One thing from this game is, we are in serious trouble on the right side of our O-line. Dorsey has a lot more talent than haayer, but is a rookie, and who knows what he will do. He couldn't possibly do any worse than haayer did against the eagles. The rosenthol injury hurts our pass protection, but so does the sass's injury. We just aren't gonna be able to have games where we pass the ball that much, and don't run it, without jimmy and rosenthol.

But considering we were without bennett, moe, jimmy, kenny irvin, kenny mixon, & rosenthol, we didn't do that bad of job against one of the best teams in the NFL.

And for the record packman, I was the one guy on here, that picked the eagles to win the game, mainly because it was on the road. I however, didn't expect us to dominate their D like we did.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast