Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings looking at Gold, Holdman, might trade Stackhouse...

His stats are less than not-impressing. I'd much rather have Holdman or Gold.

Where is the source for Holdman signing. I've seen a couple articles today that say he is still free.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    His stats are less than not-impressing. I'd much rather have Holdman or Gold.

Where is the source for Holdman signing. I've seen a couple articles today that say he is still free.
    Hawkski's right; check out

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1783998

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Gold is damaged goods and he/his agent wants lots of money. Why do you think no one else has signed him yet? Mike Nattiel may turn into "gold" given an opportunity.

If both Udeze and Smith are gone, I hope the Vikings take DJ Williams or Vilma. Both sound like solid players to me, and Miami is pretty much a NFL talent producing machine.

I also hope the religious among you say a prayer or three for the health of Raonall Smith. If this guy EVER gets over his injury-prone bug, I have a feeling he could be a monster LB in the NFL.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

willbjammin is offline Rookie

we definitly need lb help with ej in trouble

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

"willbjammin" wrote:
    we definitly need lb help with ej in trouble
    This is his 1st offense ... it will not affect his ability to play THIS time. Still, we are 1 starter short, and we need quality depth.

Gold would be great at the right price, we will also have a chance at a starting quality LB 1st or 2nd round.

Hopefully R. Smith will be healthy this year, if not, it will be the end of his career.

sig courtesy of PPE

willbjammin is offline Rookie

thanks for the info hawgski

ahh yes, in fact, about an hour after I posted that, I saw an he was signed on kffl.com. damn.

I still want Gold. He isn't worth a huge contract, and there is definitly some risk him. But, he could pay off big time, like Claiborne did.

I would be extremely pissed if the Vikings selected Vilma. D.J. or wait until round 2. We need to get a starter with our first round pcik and Vilma would be a back up. Meaning we still need to get an OLB and a DE. We have needs, using our first round pick on depth at this time wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    ahh yes, in fact, about an hour after I posted that, I saw an he was signed on kffl.com. damn.

I still want Gold. He isn't worth a huge contract, and there is definitly some risk him. But, he could pay off big time, like Claiborne did.

I would be extremely pissed if the Vikings selected Vilma. D.J. or wait until round 2. We need to get a starter with our first round pcik and Vilma would be a back up. Meaning we still need to get an OLB and a DE. We have needs, using our first round pick on depth at this time wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.
    Vikeman, I disagree. Vilma, Williams, or Dansby, would make an immediate impact.

If we did take Vilma, EJ moves to WILL. Williams or Dansby would fill the WILL if they are the pick.

2nd round is for DE, as well as 3rd round. (unless of course by some MIRACLE [-o< Smith happens to fall to #19)

sig courtesy of PPE

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure EJ is pretty much a pure MLB and thats where he is best right. And DJ would be more solid there than he would, right?

So, why, when we had a solid guy like EJ in teh middle, would we move him outside where he is shaky, just too have another guy who is solid play there. When we could just draft Williams and have a solid guy at each LB position?

I have to say, that I'd rather get Boulware in the second round than wait and get a DE there.

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure EJ is pretty much a pure MLB and thats where he is best right. And DJ would be more solid there than he would, right?

So, why, when we had a solid guy like EJ in teh middle, would we move him outside where he is shaky, just too have another guy who is solid play there. When we could just draft Williams and have a solid guy at each LB position?

I have to say, that I'd rather get Boulware in the second round than wait and get a DE there.
    I agree, EJ is better suited in the Middle than DJ. IF THE JETS take DJ, I think Tice will scoop up Vilma. Vilma is probably as close to a "Ray Lewis" type of LB since Ray Lewis himself. Nasty, Hard hitting, ball hawk, sheds tackles, etc. EJ has great overall athletic ability and could be very productive at the WILL. YES, I would much rather have EJ in the middle and DJ on the outside.

As far as Boulware, great school and name recognition. Not as polished as say Teddy Lehman or Don Thomas, but a quality pick.

I know you know, it is all about value, and if we are going to stick at # 19, I say our pick will be a LB.

sig courtesy of PPE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12