Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings looking at Gold, Holdman, might trade Stackhouse...

Vikings | Trade Interest For Stackhouse - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:30:52 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have received trade interest about FB Charles Stackhouse. The Vikings no longer use a fullback in their offense and Stackhouse could be moved to tight end.

Excellent...

Vikings | Could Bring In Gold For Visit - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:30:29 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings are thinking about bringing in free agent LB Ian Gold (Broncos).

Vikings | Could Bring In Holdman For Visit - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:30:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings are thinking about bringing in free agent LB Warrick Holdman (Bears).

Lets hope it happens.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Let's get Ian Gold!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Do you think its wise. I mean ur achilles heel isn't the easiest thing to heal... I kinda want Holdman, btu I'll be super happy with Gold.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Why do they want Stackhouse? We already have Wiggins and Kleinsasser, we don't need another TE. Just a waste of cash if you ask me.

GET IAN GOLD!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Holdman signed with the Browns

sig courtesy of PPE

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Stackhouse is sold, but we need the Backer
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Phlegm is offline Rookie

Aight, it seems as if there are a few points that I should address. I think that if the Vikings were to make the right moves now, they would find themselves in GREAT position to do what they want down the road.

1. The Bills announced today that they are very inerested in adding a second "franchise QB". That's great news for the Vikings. The Bills were thought to be targeting a DE in the first round, IE: Udeze or Smith. This is very good for the Vikings because it's just one less team in between the Vikings and the coveted Will Smith.

2. Trade interest in Stackhouse. I didn't hear what team is interested in him or what they would give. If I were the Vikings I would listen, but not be so earger to jump all over this trade. First of all, it's obviouse the Vikings want Charles Stackhouse. We picked him up off the wire as soon as he was released by the Giants last year. I know we don't use the FB that often, but that is one position that we do now have other than Stackhouse. A few possitive points on Stackhouse is the fact that he was able to go out on the field and contribute right after we signed him last year, without any practice. He was able contribute on both special teams and a few plays here-and-there on offense. He loooked good from what i saw of him. And as to him being a "waste of money". I don't see how that is when he signed for the minimum, if not DARN near. My final point on Stackhouse is that he's young! He's only 24 years old! We don't use the FB much... no, we don't. But why not? We have two very good blocking TE's and a young up-and-comming in Charles Stackhouse. Don't get rid of him. He will be a a very reliable blocker.

3. Vikings are thinking about bringing in Ian Gold and Warrick Holman. Vikings DO IT. I don't want to sound like all the other people out there and say "pick up this player because he's good and we have the money". But these two are neither an old washed-up S or CB. We could actually sue these guys, and wouldn't be making the move just because we have enouh money. Just think about it... if the Vikings we able to sign either Gold or Holdman that would put us in great position for the draft. If the Vikings sign either Holdman or Gold, considering they will be able to play, we will have three very solid starting LBs in Gold or Holdman, Henderson and Claiborne. Vikings should take a seriouse look at these guys, yes they do want some money, but that's why we should do it. The vikings put themselves in this situation (concerning our salary cap) for a reason, to be able to spend it... no matter who or how much.

4. Contrary to what other people believe, I think that Vikings are in good position concerning the draft. We are in position to draft a very reliable blue-chip player at the 19th position. It has been said that there are 23 blue-chippers in this draft. We can also trade down to get more players. Tice likes this draft, and I personally have faith in our system to find high quality players in every round. I also see a huge possiblity of top-of-the-line players falling to the 19th pick, IE: Mike Williams, Udeze or Smith.
    Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

Lets Get Gold

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

GOLD-en oppertunity

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

VU's talking about the Vikes signing Redskins 3rd year LB Antonio Pierce to an offer sheet today. Anyone else read this or know what's going on? I don't know much about Pierce other than he's young.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast