Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    I was also impressed at Kalil running down the field on the AP TD. He stayed in the frame for almost the whole run. lol

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Well, #1, that was fun and, again, encouraging. Encouraging, on many fronts. So, I will focus there: encouraged that:
    1) Ponder stepped up to the plate and, in the face of adversity that could have put him into a tailspin with his progress. He showed improvement with decisiveness and was outstanding at converting 3rd down.
    2) Adrian Peterson actually looks like he is improving...unbelieveably. I'm encouraged that the best player on the Team is also the hardest working, and, it shows.
    3) OL...they too, had their moments, but, 75% completion percentage and all those rushing yards = good OL play. Kalil is a stud, that cannot be disputed...I continue to be encouraged that he was our #1 pick.
    4) Jarius Wright...I'm encouraged that the fast kid is another potential playmaker. In his first game, he made some plays...I'm also encouraged he's on the field finally.
    5) Whereas I still expect ups and downs, this Team is headed in the right direction. I'm encouraged that our beleaguered OC let Ponder do more and put together a great gameplan. Let's see if he can repeat with very difficult games against the Pack, the Bears, and, the Texans...3 of the best teams in the League will present a massive challenge.

Our pass D showed some weaknesses...let's remember that the Lions are the #1 passing team in the NFL. Megatron abused CBs and Safeties alike, Stafford has a GUN. Pettigrew abused Harrison Smith on his TD...noted beautiful pass from Stafford. Looked to me like the direction for the game was to make sure we didn't give a a long TD pass, i.e., "don't let anyone behind you." Well, alarm is set...see Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Driver, Jennings, Marshall, Daniels, Johnson, Hester, Amondola - on the horizon. We gonna need to play some D and, score TDs vs FGs going forward.

A fun game, one to be encouraged by...
    Last edited by MaxVike; 11-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Interesting info in today's PP. The QB coach was down on the sideline instead of up in the booth. To me that's where he should be pointing out stuff to Ponder. Most of the really good QB's Have been sitting on the bench looking at pictures with the coach when not on the field.
    None

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Was it just the pessimist in me or did anyone else feel like the wheels were gonna fall off the wagon at any time on Sunday?

I'm ecstatic with the 6 and 4 record right now but i am struggling seeing us win more than one pf our last six games. I realize the bears can be had especially if cutler is out but they've looked vulnerable in previous years and smoked us and that D will not let AD beat us.

The cheesedicks d is bad nut their o will light us up especially if they need a W in week 17. Houston is good all around. The rams game is winnable but on the road makes it much more difficult.

Its all good in the hood though. Can't wait for a Sunday off of through the roof blood pressure! Haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    I'm ecstatic with the 6 and 4 record right now but i am struggling seeing us win more than one pf our last six games. I realize the bears can be had especially if cutler is out but they've looked vulnerable in previous years and smoked us and that D will not let AD beat us.
    That D will not let AD does not beat us??

The Bears have been pretty stingy & have not allowed AD to break a 100 yard game since 2008

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That D will not let AD does not beat us??

The Bears have been pretty stingy & have not allowed AD to break a 100 yard game since 2008
    In the last two years he only had 29 rushing attempts against them so some injuries have probably done lots to limit his performances

Ummm, yeah I meant the bears D will not let AD beat THEM! haha I know as a rookie he had a huge game against them and they were supposed to be a good D then too, so you just never know, but they will definitely making ponder beat us, and I have a feeling Jennings will be licking his chops to add onto his leading INT total. You never know what Ponder we're going to get and you never know what play calls Musgrave is going to go with.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Ummm, yeah I meant the bears D will not let AD beat THEM! haha I know as a rookie he had a huge game against them and they were supposed to be a good D then too, so you just never know, but they will definitely making ponder beat us, and I have a feeling Jennings will be licking his chops to add onto his leading INT total. You never know what Ponder we're going to get and you never know what play calls Musgrave is going to go with.
    Hey they have Tice and concussed-Cutler or maybe Campbell or Josh McCown with a flakey Oline so there can be several variables in the passing game for both teams without even bringing up the cold whether and wind.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Hey they have Tice and concussed-Cutler or maybe Campbell or Josh McCown with a flakey Oline so there can be several variables in the passing game for both teams without even bringing up the cold whether and wind.
    Very true

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Divisional game, and history says that these are almost always very competative and go can either way. Right now, I think we have a very solid chance at taking Chicago at the dome and wouldn't suprise me at all if we took GB at our house also......Now on the road and at their homes, well, thats another story.....Very possible to go 2-2 againts the Bears and Pack this year...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast