Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Vikings Lions postgame discussion

What do you think?
    Last edited by EricTheViking; 11-11-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Thoughts on moving forward? Is it too much to hope for splits with the Bears and Packers, a Rams win, and maybe a lucky win over the Texans to go and finish 10-6? Probably. I thought Ponder looked better today but there's still plenty of room for improvement. Winning without Harvin was nice and hopefully he'll be good to go against the Bears.
    Last edited by EricTheViking; 11-11-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    I have to say that Jarius Wright has earned a starting position with just his first two plays. When Percy comes back, I think a two TE set with Wright, Harvin, and Simpson would be great. This draft, pick a fast, tall WR to replace Simpson, and our corps could look great.

I know I have very little data on Wright to prove my point, but when you know, you know.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    That's the Ponder we can/should realistically hope for on a more consistent basis. Peterson did his usual and Rudolph is alive again. Good game.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    AP was just WOW. I hope he plays the rest of his career here. On his long run last week he looked like he might have lost a step getting caught from behind, but on his long run today he pulled away from the defenders. It's awesome seeing him break these long runs on a consistent basis again.

Ponder showed some improvement, but there were still many moments where he left me scratching my head. He had more time to throw and still went to the check down a lot, especially on 3rd n medium. But he also had a couple of nice zips over the middle that went past the sticks, and he had a nice deep ball to Wright, so I know he's capable. Somethings holding him back, either it's mental, or it's Musgrave.

And why the hells has Jenkins been starting over Wright all year? When Harvin comes back I want to see more Wright and less Jenkins, he's so much quicker and has better moves.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    This was a much needed win. More importantly, Ponder played a good solid game. Nothing flashy, but he was accurate and made good reads. Defense stepped up and learned to tackle again.

highdesertvike is offline Training Camp
    Nice game.

Hopefully Musgrave can utilize the new threat (Wright) and keep getting results like we saw today. I'm anxious to see what can be accomplished when we have him, Harvin, Rudolph, and Peterson (Simpson too, maybe) all out on the field at the same time. Could cause some serious match-up headaches for opposing DCs.

Also nice to see the Defense show up again today...

Bring on the much needed bye week! Great way to go into it, with Ponder getting some confidence back.
    An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    The "Good" Ponder showed up today. Is this him or is the Ponder of last weeks the real deal. Either way, it was a welcomed surprise.

Defense played well but I never truly think that they play poorly. I believe that when we are down, our defense cannot swarm like they want to. We have a pass rushing DL who are at their best, pinning their arms back and swarming to the ball. When the game is close and a rush or pass is likely, we are off balanced. They playing better is aided when they offense does it job. Its no coincendence. I have never seen them play poorly when the offense is doing it's job.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Peterson gets his 5th 100+ game and breaks the century mark

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Peterson gets his 5th 100+ game and breaks the century mark
    4th game in a row with over 100.
    In the last 4 games Peterson has
    82carries 629yds 7.7ypc 5tds

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast