Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings Linebackers: Full stable of contenders

KFFL
    Vikings | Three players competing for two starting linebacker spots
    Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:12:30 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings LBs Chad Greenway, Ben Leber and E.J. Henderson will compete in training camp to start at the weak-side and strong-side linebacker positions. All three players have gotten reps at both positions throughout the offseason.

KFFL
    Vikings | Harris got the most time at middle linebacker
    Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:08:56 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris has seen the most reps at starting middle linebacker through the team's minicamps heading into his training camp competition with LB Dontarrious Thomas for the starting job.

boognish is offline Coordinator

Great article, Singer. As I've said before, it has been hard to accurately evaluate the talent on our roster for a number of years, because they've had such terrible coaching. It should be interesting to see how these guys do with some better teachers.
    I am a dipshit!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, just reading that article it seems like Leber already has the position locked.. Now we will see who gets the other 2 positions.. I'm going with Henderson, and Greenway.. That of course is just my opinion..

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Wow, just reading that article it seems like Leber already has the position locked.. Now we will see who gets the other 2 positions.. I'm going with Henderson, and Greenway.. That of course is just my opinion..
    Reread the articles. They both say that Harris is taking the most reps at MLB...Henderson, Greenway, and Leber all all competing for the OLB slots.

Don't be suprised if Harris is a starter, along with Leber and either Henderson or Greenway (I'm guessing it will be Henderson, unless Chad REALLY hits it running in TC).

Caine

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Here are my starters:

LOLB- Greenway
    Middle- Henderson
    ROLB- Leber

I agree... that is really who I want to see start, and the only change being if someone does better than Leber and takes his spot... but right now I think he is the only one the Vikings staff is really set on starting some where. But I dunno... Napo last year played so bad, that he did not even look like a linebacker to me, the game I went to against Pitsburgh... he did not even look like a linebacker when he warmned up... uncordinated lookin or something! I just don't know if he is as good as anyone thought he would be when we traded for him. I think EJ has what it takes and I really really wanna see him start. With good coaches that can actually teach he could be amazing. He started to come into his own at the end of the season last year, and everone has to rememeber that was at a new position, and DAMNIT i have his jersey... haha! :wink:

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Reread the articles. They both say that Harris is taking the most reps at MLB...Henderson, Greenway, and Leber all all competing for the OLB slots.

Don't be suprised if Harris is a starter, along with Leber and either Henderson or Greenway (I'm guessing it will be Henderson, unless Chad REALLY hits it running in TC).

Caine
    And yet, 3 out of 4 PPO Carnak's keep putting Henderson in the middle. :grin:

I guess they know how to interpret this media TC stuff better than me. Looks to me like Napo (Ultra's boy) has got the lead at the moment with competition from DT.

My biggest concern with the middle is the fact that it is in contention and no clear winner/leader is apparent for this position. Its the wrong spot to have a question mark. Of course, the coaches apparently are less concerned, so I guess that should make me feel better.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Caine
    And yet, 3 out of 4 PPO Carnak's keep putting Henderson in the middle. grin

I guess they know how to interpret this media TC stuff better than me. Looks to me like Napo (Ultra's boy) has got the lead at the moment with competition from DT.

My biggest concern with the middle is the fact that it is in contention and no clear winner/leader is apparent for this position. Its the wrong spot to have a question mark. Of course, the coaches apparently are less concerned, so I guess that should make me feel better.
    That is a very legitimate concern. Preferably your MLB is a saavy veteran who can direct his defense and rally his team around him, both by words and actions. Although all of these guys show potential to step it up and play solid football, I don't see any leaders among the group.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Harris has played well at MLB in this league, I wouldn't have concerns with him starting.

So who wants Ahmad Brooks again? We have enough yound, talented linebackers with potential.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Caine
    And yet, 3 out of 4 PPO Carnak's keep putting Henderson in the middle. grin

That is a very legitimate concern. Preferably your MLB is a saavy veteran who can direct his defense and rally his team around him, both by words and actions. Although all of these guys show potential to step it up and play solid football, I don't see any leaders among the group.

They haven't had to be leaders yet, we had Beikert and Cowart to be the leaders of the linebacking corp.

This is going to be EJ's 4th year, it is put up or shut time for him! It's time to show you have what it takes and become a leader, or go by the wayside.

This is going to Napo's 5th year in the league and his 2nd with the Vikes, and it's also his put up or shut up year.

This is Ben Leber's 5th year in the league and you can't say he isn't a leader on the Vikes because it's his 1st year being a Viking, so he might vary will be a leader on the Vikes we don't know at this point.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    "nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Here are my starters:

LOLB- Greenway
    Middle- Henderson
    ROLB- Leber

I agree... that is really who I want to see start, and the only change being if someone does better than Leber and takes his spot... but right now I think he is the only one the Vikings staff is really set on starting some where. But I dunno... Napo last year played so bad, that he did not even look like a linebacker to me, the game I went to against Pitsburgh... he did not even look like a linebacker when he warmned up... uncordinated lookin or something! I just don't know if he is as good as anyone thought he would be when we traded for him. I think EJ has what it takes and I really really wanna see him start. With good coaches that can actually teach he could be amazing. He started to come into his own at the end of the season last year, and everone has to rememeber that was at a new position, and DAMNIT i have his jersey... haha! :wink:
    LMAO, i've totally forgot about that. Harris looks totally out of control and uncordinated when he's on the field, i don't know about this guy.

At this point it looks like its gonna either be Napo or Thomas at MLB. The three i want to see on the field are all competing for two spots.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast