Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' line so good - and so bad

[size=13pt]Vikings' line so good - and so bad[/size]

Posted on Sat, Jan. 3, 2009

By Steve Aschburner
    For The Inquirer

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Some people judge the quality of an NFL team by the number of airline tickets to Honolulu its players need at the end of the season, a testament to that team's Pro Bowl performers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings' line so good - and so bad

Thats a good read.....I like how yet again they bring up Allens drunk driving past

Our line on the field is a true testimate to hard work...its one of the best things to watch a running back getting eaten at the line of scrimmage or Allen teeing off on a QB...I think robison will fill in nicely for Ray and Pat will do enough in the middle for us this week.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think Robison plays the pass much better from DT than DE. I hope we have schemed to compensate for the left side of the line if bothe Edwards and Pat don't play. We got gashed on that side by NYGs second string.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Articnv is offline Coach

he had to fill hsi word qouta so he had to brign up past issues
    taht werre big news

"Big" wrote:
    I think Robison plays the pass much better from DT than DE. I hope we have schemed to compensate for the left side of the line if bothe Edwards and Pat don't play. We got gashed on that side by NYGs second string.
    Giants second and third string RB's could start on most teams ;D
    not using that as an excuse but ward is just as good if not better than westbrook as a running back, not as a dual threat with receiving but just straight up running it seems like westbrook has lost a step when it comes to being a pure running back lately

"UMD_Bleeds_Purple" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

not using that as an excuse but ward is just as good if not better than westbrook as a running back, not as a dual threat with receiving but just straight up running it seems like westbrook has lost a step when it comes to being a pure running back lately
    ward will never be better than westbrook as a runningback.

westbrook is like a michael bennett that can actually run the ball. and ward is some what a speedy bruiser like marion barber

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

westbrook is like a michael bennett that can actually run the ball. and ward is some what a speedy bruiser like marion barber
    well regardless they are still close in their overall abilities as pure running backs so bringing up the argument that the second string running back ran all over us is still not a very good argument since he is as good as many starters in this league....

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Not too sure about that eye patch comment...but I did notice, that pretty much every single week the other team's got guys missing games after they played us...often, its IR!!
    We got some hard hitting mofos on both sides of the ball!!

Guess it was hard to know, since we see the Vikings' logo only in profile, that the big, blond guy in helmet and horns wears a black eye patch on the other side of his face.

Overall, the defense allowed only 254 points, the league's fifth-lowest total.
    AhHa!
    I was wondering where we'd be without the ST and Offensive point letting...total team points allowed we were 13th in the NFL.
    Our Defense only allowed 254 of 333...that is 79 Points off of OOOPs!!!
    D'oh!!
    That is about 5 points per game!!!
    Add our many presnap penalties (where I thought the article's Oh So Bad part might come from) and we've got a team that could/should be dominating!!??!!????
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

well regardless they are still close in their overall abilities as pure running backs so bringing up the argument that the second string running back ran all over us is still not a very good argument since he is as good as many starters in this league....
    he did run all over us. but he is a good back. not a great one line westbrook.

and westbrook is like a reciver/runningback hybrid. he can catch very well and he is a great overall back.

and i do seem to recall that they the giants had a couple of probowlers blocking vs some of our backup players. plus losing pat williams was really tough. and without pat. we were a doormat for anyone to run all over

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Our line hurts so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast