Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings line keeping rejuvenated Favre upright

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Favre singled out rookie right tackle Phil Loadholt, who didn't let Packers speed rusher Aaron Kampman get a whiff of his quarterback all night long.

"[size=10pt]I told him at the end of the game I was extremely proud of him because I know how good Aaron Kampman is," Favre said.[/size] "To hold your own against him is pretty impressive. I could say that about all our guys this year."

New center John Sullivan also played the best game of his young career, and it was no coincidence that Favre was so effective.

So why the difference this time around?

"Sometimes you can't put your finger on it. We just went out there and executed well," Sullivan said. "The whole offense was in sync. Guys were getting open, the ball was getting out and we were holding up on the offensive line. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]All the credit has to be spread across to everybody[/size][/size][/size]."

http://host.madison.com/sports/footb...2933fc1f1.html

Marrdro's comments follow:
    Were are the crowd who were already to throw young PL under the bus now?
    Even ole Noodle Arm gives him props......

Another thing, who was the yutz on here who keeps harping that it is still a team sport?
    What a weird spin that you have tried to put on this. I remember a couple people, including you and me, who questioned whether Loadholt would even start. But now you are going to call out others for quitting on the young PL early?

Furthermore, Loadholt has a been a pleasant surprise, but it also sounds like they have made an effort to simplify blocking schemes for our young OL.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I think a few people have summed it up pretty well here.

Our offense does not have to have an even amount of runs and passes every game to be balanced. It does not have to end with 225 yards passing and 155 yards rushing to be balanced.

Our offense is balanced because if you allow All Day to do so, he will gash you for 150+, but if you focus and take him away, we can hit you for 250+ in the air. And we can do both VERY efficiently.

As of now, you have to pick your poison with us. And I imagine it is going to continue to get better as Favre grows more comfortable and as Harvin gets more and more acclimated to the NFL.
    +1 Amen
    It's amazing how sensible arguments become if one can simply acknowledge the opposing defense's strengths and credit them for it, rather than looking at a stat sheet and pointing fingers internally.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Favre singled out rookie right tackle Phil Loadholt, who didn't let Packers speed rusher Aaron Kampman get a whiff of his quarterback all night long.

"[size=10pt]I told him at the end of the game I was extremely proud of him because I know how good Aaron Kampman is," Favre said.[/size] "To hold your own against him is pretty impressive. I could say that about all our guys this year."

New center John Sullivan also played the best game of his young career, and it was no coincidence that Favre was so effective.

So why the difference this time around?

"Sometimes you can't put your finger on it. We just went out there and executed well," Sullivan said. "The whole offense was in sync. Guys were getting open, the ball was getting out and we were holding up on the offensive line. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]All the credit has to be spread across to everybody[/size][/size][/size]."

http://host.madison.com/sports/footb...2933fc1f1.html

Marrdro's comments follow:
    Were are the crowd who were already to throw young PL under the bus now?
    Even ole Noodle Arm gives him props......

Another thing, who was the yutz on here who keeps harping that it is still a team sport?
    What a weird spin that you have tried to put on this. I remember a couple people, including you and me, who questioned whether Loadholt would even start. But now you are going to call out others for quitting on the young PL early?

Furthermore, Loadholt has a been a pleasant surprise, but it also sounds like they have made an effort to simplify blocking schemes for our young OL.
    Spin, ...... :
    Course I didn't want him to play.
    Didn't want Sully either. Thought there was a better Vets available that they could've brought in.

Doesn't mean I think it is/was time to throw him under the bus as some were already starting to chant at week 2.
    Been pretty vocal about giving them more time to learn as well.

Please, please, don't try to put your spin on what I post that make it look like I am changing my position, a position by the way, that was way back in FA, hell pre-draft for that matter.

LOL, better attempt by you would to have gone back a few months ago and find some posts by me were I thought at least 3 other OL in the draft were better than him..........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "We did a couple of different types of schemes in the last game," Bevell said. "Not just using zone schemes; we had some track schemes that we tried to use, so we've just got to continue to bring (everything) along."
    Did you all miss this?
    :
    I imagine they can do quite a few more things this year now that Cook isn't in the lineup.
    You do realize that "Track Blocking" or "Railroading" is a simplification of the ZB scheme right? :
    Yes, but they also require contact, which is something Cook avoided if at all possible. They also require additional thought processes,which would not be in his favor.

I believe the track blocking is a result of the size of the linemen and that they may be better suited for that style of play.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "We did a couple of different types of schemes in the last game," Bevell said. "Not just using zone schemes; we had some track schemes that we tried to use, so we've just got to continue to bring (everything) along."
    Did you all miss this?
    :
    I imagine they can do quite a few more things this year now that Cook isn't in the lineup.
    You do realize that "Track Blocking" or "Railroading" is a simplification of the ZB scheme right? :
    Yes, but they also require contact, which is something Cook avoided if at all possible. They also require additional thought processes,which would not be in his favor.

I believe the track blocking is a result of the size of the linemen and that they may be better suited for that style of play.
    You and Cook.
    ;D

Good point on the size of the OLmen though.
    Thought of that as well.
    Kindof discounted it though cause they (the coaching staff) continued to use the more complex scheme even though Big Mac/Cook (he is only just a bit smaller than PL) were struggling with it.

Naw, there is something else afoot that isn't quite clear.
    I am not sure what it is, but my guess is that somehow that scheme shift will come into play when we start to see the Wildcat come into play.

The ZB scheme we run sure has alot of seals in it were a lineman has to basically block off one side of the field.
    Best way to get holding penalties is to shift the flow behind the line.
    Start doing double reverse handoffs and someone is gonna appear to be holding based on how he is engaged with his blocking assignment.

Only thing that makes sense.
    Wish Del was doing that damn line breakdown he promised.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123