Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vikings like depth at receiver

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    I think the vikings are better at WR this year over last.
    :scratch: We are minus Burleson, how have we gotten better at WR this year?

With that asked, I guess I have more confidnence in them this year. I think they will mold well into the WCO and TWill has a year of experience under his belt. Is this what you meant by a better WR core? Or am I missing something here.
    Troy is/was considered a faster nate burleson. He is a year older, Koren will have a full season to play WR instead of basically not even a half, Marcus is and always will be a good not great reciever, and taylor proved last year he could be the 3rd down reciever when needed. Nate is and always will be a # 2 reciever. The team is better than last year in regards to that situation, losing him is no where near as much of a drop off as moss. He had the chance to step up last year and he really disappeared. He had the chance to reinsert himself after the injury and he did not. I am not saying this team is top 5 in regards to the WR spot, but with koren as a possible #1 who is faster than burleson, with troy having much more expirence, and with the other two I do think this part of the team is better than last year. I was one who never really thought burleson was as good as people wanted to believe.
    You republican whore!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    I think the vikings are better at WR this year over last.
    :scratch: We are minus Burleson, how have we gotten better at WR this year?

With that asked, I guess I have more confidnence in them this year. I think they will mold well into the WCO and TWill has a year of experience under his belt. Is this what you meant by a better WR core? Or am I missing something here.
    Troy is/was considered a faster nate burleson. He is a year older, Koren will have a full season to play WR instead of basically not even a half, Marcus is and always will be a good not great reciever, and taylor proved last year he could be the 3rd down reciever when needed. Nate is and always will be a # 2 reciever. The team is better than last year in regards to that situation, losing him is no where near as much of a drop off as moss. He had the chance to step up last year and he really disappeared. He had the chance to reinsert himself after the injury and he did not. I am not saying this team is top 5 in regards to the WR spot, but with koren as a possible #1 who is faster than burleson, with troy having much more expirence, and with the other two I do think this part of the team is better than last year. I was one who never really thought burleson was as good as people wanted to believe.
    I don't know if I would say that our WR cops is way better than last year, but we did see some improvement. The loss of Burly hurt, but the growth of T-Will, and the chance for K-Rob to step up and take a leadership role will more than make up for it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

With the WC offense, our TE's will get alot of looks. Here's hoping Wiggy & Jimmy K can move the chains & keep opposing LB's honest. This way, KRob & T-Wil would get better opportunities to make some spectacular plays

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    Until I see some production I'm not going to expect anything spectacular.

Sometimes it feels like people on here look at the Vikes with rose-tinted glasses; Travis Taylor was our most productive receiver and he played in the slot. I really hope Koren and Troy burn it up this season and give us a dynamic pass attack, but at the moment our only proven receiver is Jermaine Wiggins, and he's a tight end.

Here's to training camp, preseason, and most importantly that opening game against the Redskins proving me wrong!
    Where does that come from?

Koren Robinson and Marcus have both had 1000 yard seasons, so they have proven themselves in the NFL.
    I hate doing this, but Koren Robinson has been producing less and less receiving yards, year on year since his career highs in 2002. I will willingly concede that his YPC from last year, thankfully, raised to that standard he set 4 years ago, so hopefully all he needs is consistent starts to raise his game to those numbers again. As for Marcus Robinson, he's strictly a situational receiver now, and I don't think he'll be anything more. Hey, he's a GREAT red-zone receiver, but to say he's a consistent performer in the NFL at this present time is wrong. Just throwing out numbers saying "they had 1000 yard seasons before" (with Koren and Marcus, they haven't had 1000 yard receiving seasons since 2002 and 1999 respectively) doesn't mean they can do it consistently. As the old saying goes: "What have you done for me lately?"

Maybe I didn't clarify my comments enough, what I meant when I said that Wiggins is our best receiver is that he has been the most consistent over the last 2 seasons. Sure his numbers dropped slightly last season but that's more of a result of Kleinsasser returning than his own ability diminishing. Koren, Marcus, Troy and Travis (and you can even include Nate Burleson in there) have not had consistent back-to-back seasons that would put them in the higher echelons of NFL receivers.

Its not gonna be up to the WR's wether or not they get the yards this year. Its up to the offensive line and our running game, the chiefs don't have any big names WR's but there still very productive. They don't have a big physical 4.3 Koren Robinson or a speedy williamson, but what they do have is a badass O Line and a running game. Same goes with the eagles, before they had TO, the offense was somewhat productive with scrubs at WR.

If our Oline protects BJ theres no way CB's are gonna be able to cover our duo in Koren and Williamson. Then you have Taylor out the backfield and a sneaky Wiggins. If our oline comes to play this year we can be in the top 10 offenses, there's way too much talent to think otherwise.

The Cardinals might have all the fire power in the world but there offensive line sucks its gonna be a jail break to the RB and QB. There overated, we're underated.

I'll stay optomistic. No glasses needed.
    Those are good points, and hey I hope you're right! I'm just not banking on it until I see it on the field. After all, we're all just speculating at the moment.
    All i wanted to clear up is we HAVE proven WR's on our team. K.Robinson is in by far the prime of his career, mentally and physically.

Regardless of who plays WR we will have production in our WR core if we have a line and running game. You know that saying "It all starts up front".

I understand your concern for what they have done lately, but it won't matter if everyone else is on the same page.

WR is the last of my worries, when we have a running game, and good protection and our WR are dropping balls and not getting open, thats the time for concern, and i highly doubt that happens.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i've always said we have a lot of talent in our recievers, how ever sayign you like our depth at reciever is another thing, i dont know how we'll fair if we have 1 of our guys go down

but im praying for the best

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12