Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

If consistent the Vikes could be a threat.
    Even then, the run would likely end at either Dallas or Green Bay, and if somehow we miraculously survive that we would not get past the Pats.

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.
    Three weeks ago we were thinking top five pick.

Now, if we blow out the last four teams like we did the Giants and Lions I'll change my tune, to at least say we'd compete against the Pack and Cowboys, but that's a long ways off.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    To win in the playoffs and make a run you need to do the following...

Run the Ball.... Vikings Big Time Check...
    Defend the Run well... Vikings Check...

Play solid special teams... Vikings Check...

Play fundamentally solid Pass defense without the big plays... Vikings??
    QB has to make plays when needed... Vikings of the past 2 to 3 weeks check... consistent?

Yes the Vikes are a threat... key will be TJ or I should say QB play... with that goes the Vikes.. Sounds like another team I know.. Hmmm.
    Actually a good analysis of the Vikings.
    I honestly think the Vikings have what it takes to make the playoffs, and even win a game or two.
    I would be surprised (and elated) if we made the superbowl though.
    At least not this year... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:

QB has to make plays when needed... Vikings of the past 2 to 3 weeks check... consistent?

Yes the Vikes are a threat... key will be TJ or I should say QB play... with that goes the Vikes.. Sounds like another team I know.. Hmmm.
    Big time check for the run defense as well. We lead the league in this category.

The pass defense does not concern me and it should not be a concern to make a run to the playoffs. We are 10th in the league in points allowed. Bend but don't break.

You do not know if he is consistent or not until he starts having bad games.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I can see that some of you are now getting visions of the future.
    ;D

Problem for me is (in priority order of concern):

Can TJ stay healthy?
    Can the OL continue to play at the level they are?
    Can our DL get consistent pressure on the QB?
    Can our Secondary stop the pass if our DL can't get pressure on the QB?
    Will the staff (Bryzcheapski) come off the funds to plug the holes that are still there?

Even though I am probably one of the biggest optimists on this page, I still see some holes which could lead to inconsistent play, however, with another good draft, a Stud DE (Suggs) and another WR (Vet) and a better option for QB if TJ goes down, we are still a bit off my friends.

(Key note:
    No concerns about the Coaching staff, most of the front office, or ownership)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Frostbite is offline Coach

"pack93z" wrote:

Yes....I agree with those and I will add two more key elements: Top position players must stay healthy (No Injuries) and You must have consistancy in performance from here on out and into the playoffs. These two areas have been issues in the past that hopefully we won't see rear there ugly heads during this playoff run.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

If we got by the first wildcard game, we'd probably play the Packers. After them beating us twice this year they may take us a bit too lightly. And let's face it, we only lost to the Cowboys by 10 point and played a poor game. We can beat them.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    If we got by the first wildcard game, we'd probably play the Packers. After them beating us twice this year they may take us a bit too lightly. And let's face it, we only lost to the Cowboys by 10 point and played a poor game. We can beat them.
    Well if you go in as the 6th seed, which seems to be trend unless the Giants flop continues... in all possible senerios after that you play the #1 seed.. with them up 2 games on the Pack now... seems logical that they will be the #1 seed.

I think the Cowboys would sweat bullets having to face AP and Taylor again this year.. throw in the Defense and TJ playing as he is... not a team you want to face in the post-season on a dry fast track.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Can TJ stay healthy?
    Will the staff (Bryzcheapski) come off the funds to plug the holes that are still there?

Even though I am probably one of the biggest optimists on this page, I still see some holes which could lead to inconsistent play, however, with another good draft, a Stud DE (Suggs) and another WR (Vet) and a better option for QB if TJ goes down, we are still a bit off my friends.

(Key note:
    Marr.. i want to add to this, (since we are relying so heavily on rookies) will our rookies keep from hitting the rookie wall... you know about this time the long season tends to wear on rookies b/c they're not used to playing this many games... so that should also be watched as we head down this stretch run...

And i might add... that Denny Green teams, used to thrive in December..and i think historically, we fair pretty well down the stretch... so hopefully, they'll stay focused and take it one game at a time.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

plus i wanna add.. since we started off the season sooo poorly, we've pretty much been in playoff mode since the Oakland game... this should only benefit us as we head down the stretch...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Can TJ stay healthy?

(Key note:
    Marr.. i want to add to this, (since we are relying so heavily on rookies) will our rookies keep from hitting the rookie wall... you know about this time the long season tends to wear on rookies b/c they're not used to playing this many games... so that should also be watched as we head down this stretch run...

And i might add... that Denny Green teams, used to thrive in December..and i think historically, we fair pretty well down the stretch... so hopefully, they'll stay focused and take it one game at a time.
    Two very good points.

Some won't agree but I do, the "Rookie Wall" is a big factor especially for teams like us.
    On a side note,
    I brought up the whole "Rookie Wall" thing with AD and limiting his reps earlier this year and got body slammed for it, even though I was right, so you probably won't get alot of support for that rationale around here.

As to the historical viewpoint of the Vikes, I don't give that much credance though.
    It looks good on paper and for slamming PUKER fans but this team has nothing to do with the Vikes of old.
    I do believe that the coaching staff is good enough to ensure (like Denny's teams) we put forth our best effort.

Nice post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast