Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,727

    Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=burningquestions/07week13


    good read. i would say this is the most important game of the season

  2. #2
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    If TJ plays every game like Sunday we are a threat to win the Super Bowl and that is no joke.

  3. #3
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?


    Short and sweet, and in a word YES. Lets Go Vikings~Skol crushin' time in 9er land.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    Are the Vikings a legit threat in the NFC?

    Sean Salisbury: Yes, the Vikings are definitely a legitimate threat in the NFC. They have a great rushing attack with Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson, and the defense is playing excellent football. This team is starting to come together at the right time and will be dangerous for any NFC team to play down the stretch.

    Eric Allen: The Vikings are one of the better teams in the NFC right now and that's because of the improved maturity of quarterback Tarvaris Jackson. Over the past few games he's shown why this team believed he could get the job done because of his ability to avoid costly mistakes. He's spreading the ball around and utilizing the excellent running backs he has. The game is obviously much easier for a quarterback when he has a dominant rushing attack that a defense has to worry about. Jackson is taking full advantage of that now.
    Music to my ears...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    Purple D's Avatar
    Purple D is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    290

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    If we can continue to dominate teams like we have the last 2 weeks.
    I think we can put the fear into all teams.
    If we go to SF and dominate that game, we will be on our way to making alot of doubters change there minds.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

  6. #6
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Are the Vikings a legit threat in the NFC?

    Sean Salisbury: Yes, the Vikings are definitely a legitimate threat in the NFC. They have a great rushing attack with Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson, and the defense is playing excellent football. This team is starting to come together at the right time and will be dangerous for any NFC team to play down the stretch.

    Eric Allen: The Vikings are one of the better teams in the NFC right now and that's because of the improved maturity of quarterback Tarvaris Jackson. Over the past few games he's shown why this team believed he could get the job done because of his ability to avoid costly mistakes. He's spreading the ball around and utilizing the excellent running backs he has. The game is obviously much easier for a quarterback when he has a dominant rushing attack that a defense has to worry about. Jackson is taking full advantage of that now.
    Music to my ears...
    Where is that Packer fan who said we were a garbage team?

  7. #7
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Are the Vikings a legit threat in the NFC?

    Sean Salisbury: Yes, the Vikings are definitely a legitimate threat in the NFC. They have a great rushing attack with Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson, and the defense is playing excellent football. This team is starting to come together at the right time and will be dangerous for any NFC team to play down the stretch.

    Eric Allen: The Vikings are one of the better teams in the NFC right now and that's because of the improved maturity of quarterback Tarvaris Jackson. Over the past few games he's shown why this team believed he could get the job done because of his ability to avoid costly mistakes. He's spreading the ball around and utilizing the excellent running backs he has. The game is obviously much easier for a quarterback when he has a dominant rushing attack that a defense has to worry about. Jackson is taking full advantage of that now.
    Music to my ears...
    Ditto...it's been a long long time since I have heard Mr. Salisbury speak good words about our Vikings.
    Do we finally have him convinced?

  8. #8
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    To win in the playoffs and make a run you need to do the following...

    Run the Ball.... Vikings Big Time Check...
    Defend the Run well... Vikings Check...

    Play solid special teams... Vikings Check...

    Play fundamentally solid Pass defense without the big plays... Vikings??
    QB has to make plays when needed... Vikings of the past 2 to 3 weeks check... consistent?

    Yes the Vikes are a threat... key will be TJ or I should say QB play... with that goes the Vikes.. Sounds like another team I know.. Hmmm.

  9. #9
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,727

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Are the Vikings a legit threat in the NFC?

    Sean Salisbury: Yes, the Vikings are definitely a legitimate threat in the NFC. They have a great rushing attack with Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson, and the defense is playing excellent football. This team is starting to come together at the right time and will be dangerous for any NFC team to play down the stretch.

    Eric Allen: The Vikings are one of the better teams in the NFC right now and that's because of the improved maturity of quarterback Tarvaris Jackson. Over the past few games he's shown why this team believed he could get the job done because of his ability to avoid costly mistakes. He's spreading the ball around and utilizing the excellent running backs he has. The game is obviously much easier for a quarterback when he has a dominant rushing attack that a defense has to worry about. Jackson is taking full advantage of that now.
    Music to my ears...

    Yep but im scared...everytime we play a hyped game..we lose..im just a lil nervous...and now sean salibury wants to talk good about his former vikings...he better not be a hop on..but to be honest..it was less stress being the underdog..now since we are expected to win...it scares me more..

  10. #10
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Are the Vikings a legit threat?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Where is that Packer fan who said we were a garbage team?
    Probably still bitching about the Cowboy game.... all year all... same story... QB produces even a little you have a great chance to win the game. Maybe Oline Pass Protection.. but in all other portions of the game... you have plenty of talent and are very solid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aundrae Allison - THe Vikings other deep threat
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 02:32 AM
  2. One-dimensional Vikings no playoff threat
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
  3. Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threat
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 10:17 PM
  4. New Vikings Quarterback Still Poses Threat To Packers
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 09:37 AM
  5. Legit 3-0 Teams
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 05:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •