Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bfld is offline Rookie

Re: The Vikings Legacy.

Defending these idiots misses the big picture: the Vikings ask for public support AND PUBLIC MONEY claiming they are an asset to the community. Well, scratch "role model" from the assets they bring to the community. They come off looking like nothing but self-centered, over paid, entertainers. Zigi will have this tossed in his face when he asks for help with a new stadium. That's the harm they did; and that's why Zigi would be smart to drop the hammer on all 4 of them.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"bfld" wrote:
    Defending these idiots misses the big picture the Vikings ask for public support AND PUBLIC MONEY claiming they are an asset to the community. Well, scratch "role model" from the assets they bring to the community. They come off looking like nothing but self-centered, over paid, entertainers. Zigi will have this tossed in his face when he asks for help with a new stadium. That's the harm they did; and that's why Zigi would be smart to drop the hammer on all 4 of them.
    Football players shouldn't have to be role models, that's what parents are for. And when it comes down to it, they are what you said: entertainers.

bfld is offline Rookie

KJ,

I agree that the shouldn't be role models, but that is how they are peddled as part of exaggerating the importance of the team to the state. If some of them can't understand that their job goes beyond winning on Sunday, then find talented entertainers that do understand this.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"bfld" wrote:
    KJ,

I agree that the shouldn't be role models, but that is how they are peddled as part of exaggerating the importance of the team to the state. If some of them can't understand that their job goes beyond winning on Sunday, then find talented entertainers that do understand this.
    Well, that's a fair statement

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"KJ" wrote:
    "bfld" wrote:
    Defending these idiots misses the big picture the Vikings ask for public support AND PUBLIC MONEY claiming they are an asset to the community. Well, scratch "role model" from the assets they bring to the community. They come off looking like nothing but self-centered, over paid, entertainers. Zigi will have this tossed in his face when he asks for help with a new stadium. That's the harm they did; and that's why Zigi would be smart to drop the hammer on all 4 of them.
    Football players shouldn't have to be role models, that's what parents are for. And when it comes down to it, they are what you said: entertainers.
    Exactly. Parents, teachers, and coaches should be role models.

Prophet Guest

from page2

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Smoot and Smith need to be cut from the team. Smoot with his double-headed dildo and Smith with his drug busting dildo are a disgrace to the organization. Tack Williams, McKinnie, and Culpepper onto the list. Where should the line be drawn? I commend the Eagles for sitting THo for a matter that is much less embarrasing than this.

As professionals in any other field they would lose their jobs, especially when a significant portion of their job is in public relations, whether they know it or not. The fans pay their salaries. I say rid the team of the idiots, regardless of their talents.

Yes, many of you are sick of this topic, it doesn't mean it is going away. Ignore it, delete it, whatever you want to do. The fact still remains that as long as these guys are on the team the team will be associated with this event.

Any organization is remembered by the people in the organization. What happened to people that messed up with Enron? Catholic church and Priests? Citigroup? Martha Stewart: Bill Clinton (well, not a great example) and the respect for the Presidency, etc.

If the Vikings keep these folks on their payroll that sends a message to everyone. Is that the message that we, as a once proud organization, want to send? Are the former greats and HOFers from the Vikings appalled? I would be and am.

There is the argument of whether they are innocent or guilty. They can plead no contest and make a mockery of the justice system like it is so easy to do, especially if you have the coin. In the organizations heart of hearts they know what the right thing is to do. If what they did was so trivial do you really think the crew would have brought the boats in early? Yes, I know, circumstantial evidence. Regardless of the outcome it is a sad time for the Vikings and their organization.

Demand excellence. Anything less is unacceptable.
    What did Ultra say about not bringing POLITICS into the threads??? :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Its not fair for us to say..YOUR A NFL QB...YOUR A LEADER! Thier human beings playing a sport...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

who me ultra?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast