Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings leaving Minnesota...

What if the Vikings are bought? :bootyshake: What are the chances of the team staying in Minn :bootyshake: esota? I remember a few years ago, when the Milwaukee Bucks (an NBA team in Milw., WI) was on the verge of being sold from Senator Herb Kohl to the great ex-NBA player, Michael Jordan (with Tiger Woods owning a little of the team)...there was talk that Jordan -IF the team became his -would definately move the team out of Milwaukee...out of WISCONSIN. Thank God, Kohl decided to keep the team (not that the Bucks are giving us Buck-eyes anything to cheer about lately)
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The Vikings have a lease with the dome until 2011 I believe and the former comissioner of football said we had to honor the whole thing I believe!! So I don't think we are going anywhere for at least 6 years, hopefully never though!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Thanks for the heads-up, lad!

Why am I a lad? I'm older than you!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The Vikings have a lease with the dome until 2011 I believe and the former comissioner of football said we had to honor the whole thing I believe!! So I don't think we are going anywhere for at least 6 years, hopefully never though!!

Nope, and it is also pretty much a done deal, that we get a new stadium too, if this group does buy the team. Win win for us.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We're not going anywhere, some old discussion, same old answer.

4Life,
    I mean no harm when I call ya "lad." I pretty much call everyone in cyberspace "lad" or "kiddo"...sometimes "lass" (if it dawns on me that just possibly, this person is a gal).
    And just out of curiosity, how do ya know you're older than I am? Have I ever told my age, or gave off any vibes that would make me sound yonger than you (assuming you're old enough to be considered "old")?

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

Nope, and it is also pretty much a done deal, that we get a new stadium too, if this group does buy the team. Win win for us.
    What's pretty much a done deal? The sale of the team? That would be awesome!! How would we get a new stadium, the new owners going to fund most of it or something?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

What's pretty much a done deal? The sale of the team? That would be awesome!! How would we get a new stadium, the new owners going to fund most of it or something?

A new stadium would pretty much be a done deal if these guys bought the team. It also sounds like the sale is almost a done deal too. Go to Kfan and read their article on it, it sounds like great news for us. They actually thought there was gonna be a press conference today at 4, announcing the sale, but it didn't happen.

Sweet, no more McCombs!! How much are they buying the team for, has any of that come out yet? I hope it's not the 600 million he's asking, he doesn't deserve to make money off the team!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast