Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Vikings last four games

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Screw the Cards, I'm more worried about winning the Division.

On paper I think it will break out like this......

Vikes
    W Bengals
    W Panthers
    W Bores
    L Giants

PUKERS
    W Bores
    L Steelers
    W Seachickens
    L Arizona

With us being 13-3 and the hated PUKERS winding up 10-6 but lets look at it for a second.....

A. We could loose to the Bungals and the Giants very easily, especially if we play the way we did against the Cards.

Vikes
    L Bengals
    W Panthers
    W Bores
    L Giants

B. Admit it or not, the PUKERS are playing some damn good ball right now rolling off 4 wins. Thier D is ranked number one, they have started the same OL combination 3 weeks in a row and ole PUKER boy isn't getting sacked as much, allowing time for him to get to his recievers.....Steelers are in a mess and the Cards, well they could go back to the team they were before they beat us.

PUKERS
    W Bores
    W Steelers
    W Seachickens
    W Arizona

Leaving us with the mess that is us and the Pukers both sitting at 12-4. Good thing we have the tie breaker on this but damn, what happens if we lay a egg against the Bores and finish 11-5.

WOW. Shit will hit the fan now won't it. :dry:
    Some good smelling shit.

I wonder if that'll create a schism. Lol.
    Remember that yutz who was telling anyone who would listen that this years PUKERS were a OL away from being a playoff team?

Looks like they found the combination.
    You.

And just about every Packers fan who was a 'blind homer'.

Lol.

Pass rush has came along quite decently, as well, lately.

I just hope that this means that we're passing on a first round OT again. I want to see a young, elite LT on our team. Clifton doesn't have a lot left in him.

Or Spiller or an elite DE/OLB has to be available with a late 1st rounder. Wouldn't mind seeing Carimi donning the green and gold and just squeeze another year out of Clifton.

But I'm going way off topic here, lol.

I'm still saying 3-1. Worst case will be 2-2, which means you'd still clinch the division. It all depends on Favre's arm staying strong and accurate and if Peterson can bounce back strong.

I'm sure the second will happen. I'm not too confident aobut the first.
    No worries. It seems that the best threads on here are the ones that seem to wander a bit.

You left out my new "Most Disliked PUKER Player"......I knew Clay had a family tree that went back, but I didn't know about his grandad.

Very impressive.

As to the noodle, did you see the stat I posted in another thread......?

Is this the beginning of the Favre fall-off?

What happens from here out is riding on that arm. Sure hope he bucks the trend this year. :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I want to think/hope/believe we can and will finish 4-0.

First, the Vikings should be pissed off because they were embarrassed on national TV Sunday night. They'll be returning home to a raucous crowd, and the Vikes should show they are better than what they looked last week. Plus, even though the Bengals are a tough draw this year, they don't have three WRs the caliber of Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston. Win Vikings

Second comes a road game at Carolina, a up and down team this year. I'm not totally sure what the injury status of DeAngelo Williams or Jake Delhomme will be at that time. But the Panthers only put up 16 points against the Buccaneers (who were missing CB Aqib Talib as well), managing only 309 yards of offense while the Bucs put up 469 yards but only 6 points thanks to 5 Josh Freeman picks. I figure Matt Moore will still be QBing the Panthers, which should be in the Vikings favor. Win Vikings

Then a road game at Chicago. Weather could play a factor, but I still see a lousy Bears offensive line. The Bears only managed 14 first downs against the Rams at Soldier Field, for heavens sake, with only 248 net yards and 128 passing yards. Peterson and Brett need to avoid turnovers. Win Vikings

Then the finale at home against the Giants. If the Vikings have won the past three games, they won't need to win this one unless the Saints drop two of their next three. If the Vikes lose even one game, chances are they'll need this win to keep home field advantage over the Cardinals or Eagles. I think the Giants secondary can be had, it's just a matter of how much pressure the Vikings can get on Eli Manning. Win Vikings
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

purplepat wrote:
    I want to think/hope/believe we can and will finish 4-0.

First, the Vikings should be pissed off because they were embarrassed on national TV Sunday night. They'll be returning home to a raucous crowd, and the Vikes should show they are better than what they looked last week. Plus, even though the Bengals are a tough draw this year, they don't have three WRs the caliber of Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston. Win Vikings

Second comes a road game at Carolina, a up and down team this year. I'm not totally sure what the injury status of DeAngelo Williams or Jake Delhomme will be at that time. But the Panthers only put up 16 points against the Buccaneers (who were missing CB Aqib Talib as well), managing only 309 yards of offense while the Bucs put up 469 yards but only 6 points thanks to 5 Josh Freeman picks. I figure Matt Moore will still be QBing the Panthers, which should be in the Vikings favor. Win Vikings

Then a road game at Chicago. Weather could play a factor, but I still see a lousy Bears offensive line. The Bears only managed 14 first downs against the Rams at Soldier Field, for heavens sake, with only 248 net yards and 128 passing yards. Peterson and Brett need to avoid turnovers. Win Vikings

Then the finale at home against the Giants. If the Vikings have won the past three games, they won't need to win this one unless the Saints drop two of their next three. If the Vikes lose even one game, chances are they'll need this win to keep home field advantage over the Cardinals or Eagles. I think the Giants secondary can be had, it's just a matter of how much pressure the Vikings can get on Eli Manning. Win Vikings
    Good stuff my friend (as always). Just one comment.

I'm not so worried about the Bungals offense as I am thier defense.

Took a look at it yesterday. They have the talent on that side of the ball to run basically the same type of defense that the Cards used to confuse us.

Lets hope some extra film study was done at Winter Park this week.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123