Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The vikings and lack of developing a qb

Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1083949
    The quarterback position was not an important part of the Kick Ass Offense. This is all according to plan.
    which consequently to the Childress then dealing with the AKO (Arse Kicked Out) plan.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1083951
    Favre had his best season at the age of 40.

Maybe we just need to wait until Jackson is.....older....ummmmmmm, maybe even 50.
    If that's the case, we will have to wait another 125 years.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "kyleburkle" #1083914
    I really don't care what you guys say Tarvaris is better and has more potential than, Sanchez, A Smith, Orton, Fitzpatrick, Stafford, Arizona Qb's, Jimmy Clausen, Chad Henne, Campbell and Gradkowski We could have it much worse, the playing callig was atrocious for T-jack, Tarvaris has the skil just needs more development time, remeber in 2008 they went 10-6 and won the NFC north title, imagine how much Tarvaris would be better if he was starting for 2 years
    LMAO - quite the list of stellar QBs you have there.

That said I'd trade Jackson in a heartbeat for Sanchez or Stafford. Not that either of those will pan out either but I think they both have more potential than Jackson. The rest? Meh.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I really don't care what you guys say Tarvaris is better and has more potential than, Sanchez, A Smith, Orton, Fitzpatrick, Stafford, Arizona Qb's, Jimmy Clausen, Chad Henne, Campbell and Gradkowski We could have it much worse, the playing callig was atrocious for T-jack, Tarvaris has the skil just needs more development time, remeber in 2008 they went 10-6 and won the NFC north title, imagine how much Tarvaris would be better if he was starting for 2 years
    That potential and 3 dollars will get you a latte' at McDonalds.

kyleburkle is offline Rookie

tarvaris is done as a viking everyone knows it but to put it simple the next rookie won't get a chance, he will be known as can't read a defense, doesn't understand blitz, gets sacked, and ovethrows some makeable balls, all inexperienced qb's struggle, but you can continue to be somewhat relevant "vikings" or suck for a year or two and try to be dominant with a young qb, the small school thing is bs many high end draft picks from major schools sucked. Peyton Manning was given time to develop, Brady has a brilliant coach, Roethlisberger was a game manager early on, the list goes on, vikings like old qb's because they savy, butt when push come to shove the old guys can't get it done. I want them to pick up Kellen Moore he is a little undersized but i compare to Brees, pick him up late rounds and fix offensive line it is killing them, mckinnie needs to be cut
    None

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by "kyleburkle" #1084148
    tarvaris is done as a viking everyone knows it but to put it simple the next rookie won't get a chance, he will be known as can't read a defense, doesn't understand blitz, gets sacked, and ovethrows some makeable balls, all inexperienced qb's struggle, but you can continue to be somewhat relevant "vikings" or suck for a year or two and try to be dominant with a young qb, the small school thing is bs many high end draft picks from major schools sucked. Peyton Manning was given time to develop, Brady has a brilliant coach, Roethlisberger was a game manager early on, the list goes on, vikings like old qb's because they savy, butt when push come to shove the old guys can't get it done. I want them to pick up Kellen Moore he is a little undersized but i compare to Brees, pick him up late rounds and fix offensive line it is killing them, mckinnie needs to be cut
    I thought you did not care what we said?

If you did not care, you wouldn't have made that eye-bleeding paragraph.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "ultravikingfan" #1084161
    I thought you did not care what we said?

If you did not care, you wouldn't have made that eye-bleeding paragraph.

lol

I was about to say something very similar....but I had to rest my eyes and take some Tylenol for the headache that deciphering that jumbled mess gave me.

Caine

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Clearly, the "I don't care" was rhetorical.

He cares.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

I believe that Kyle Orton is the #4 passer in the NFL right now.

Also while I am not willing to bet the farm on any of the other above QB's, each of them are BETTER than TJ. Any of them would be an immediate upgrade now that the Ol Man is hurt.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

tarvaris is done as a viking everyone knows it but to put it simple the next rookie won't get a chance, he will be known as can't read a defense, doesn't understand blitz, gets sacked, and ovethrows some makeable balls, all inexperienced qb's struggle, but you can continue to be somewhat relevant "vikings" or suck for a year or two and try to be dominant with a young qb, the small school thing is bs many high end draft picks from major schools sucked.
    Holy crap that was a single sentence! You might want to go re-visit grade 8 english class.

However, I'll play.

the small school thing is bs many high end draft picks from major schools sucked.
    Ok, name 5 quarterbacks from small schools that made the hall of fame, or could possibly make it in the near future.

Now name 5 from big schools. It's a hell of alot easier from big schools.

Truth is, for every Steve McNair you draft from a small school, there are even more Peyton Mannings or Tom Bradys.

Peyton Manning was given time to develop,
    No he wasn't. Peyton Manning was thrown out there his rookie season, had a terrible season going 3-13. Next season, 13-3. He needed One(1) season to 'develop'
    vikings like old qb's because they savy, butt when push come to shove the old guys can't get it done.
    despite the obvious grammatical errors, that's mostly true. We don't draft QB's well.
    I want them to pick up Kellen Moore he is a little undersized but i compare to Brees, pick him up late rounds
    Just say no to late round QB's... we need one of the top QB's. We don't need another project. Every season we draft a project QB, and every season we end up having to sign some old fart to come in and run our offense while our project 'develops'. We already have our developmental QB. His name is Joe Webb. Now we need to draft a top QB.
    and fix offensive line it is killing them, mckinnie needs to be cut
    yes, cutting McKinnie will help our OL greatly... Because decent LT's are readily available. As sad as it seems, but McKinnie has been probably our best and most consistent OL this year. Think before you type.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast