Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-9 Oct. 2008)

I wonder if Erin Henderson can see staright yet after that hit?

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

"ejmat" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=48426.msg849985#msg849985 date=1223561942]
    Vikings | Four punters work out for team
    Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.
    Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.
    A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.
    He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
    Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
    He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
    Klewe admitted it.
    Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
    I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
    However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.
    I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

geez who pissed in your cheerios?
    LOL.
    I think you are right in that I am getting very frustrated with a lot of people here blaming Chilly for everything except for the economy (that's probably next).
    I agree he shouldn't have publically called out Klewe.
    That is uncalled for.
    However, in this circumstance, Chilly is not the one to blame for what went wrong during the game on STs.
    That is why I am so frustrated.
    Again, I'm not for or against firing Chilly yet.
    But the negativity from a lot of people on here seem to blame Chilly for everything that goes wrong but they will NEVER give him props for things he has done correct.
    [/quote]
    Well I'm for whoever can get us some damn wins, so I can again be proud to be a Vikings fan.

But I disagree with you to a certain extent about him not being to blame for ST play...this is his team, and ST is part of it...if the ST coach is to blame then wasn't it Childress who brought him in?...if the QB doesn't play well then is it the QB coaches fault?...and again who hired him?...and on and on and on....

The head coach should be held accountable, if any part of his team doesn't play well then directly or indirectly the head coach should be to blame....thats why he gets the big bucks.

I don't care if a chimpanzee coaches this team as long as we win.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

"jdvike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48426.msg849999#msg849999 date=1223563707]
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=48426.msg849985#msg849985 date=1223561942]
    Vikings | Four punters work out for team
    Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.
    Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.
    A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.
    He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
    Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
    He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
    Klewe admitted it.
    Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
    I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
    However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.
    I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

geez who pissed in your cheerios?
    LOL.
    I think you are right in that I am getting very frustrated with a lot of people here blaming Chilly for everything except for the economy (that's probably next).
    I agree he shouldn't have publically called out Klewe.
    That is uncalled for.
    However, in this circumstance, Chilly is not the one to blame for what went wrong during the game on STs.
    That is why I am so frustrated.
    Again, I'm not for or against firing Chilly yet.
    But the negativity from a lot of people on here seem to blame Chilly for everything that goes wrong but they will NEVER give him props for things he has done correct.
    [/quote]
    Well I'm for whoever can get us some damn wins, so I can again be proud to be a Vikings fan.

But I disagree with you to a certain extent about him not being to blame for ST play...this is his team, and ST is part of it...if the ST coach is to blame then wasn't it Childress who brought him in?...if the QB doesn't play well then is it the QB coaches fault?...and again who hired him?...and on and on and on....

The head coach should be held accountable, if any part of his team doesn't play well then directly or indirectly the head coach should be to blame....thats why he gets the big bucks.

I don't care if a chimpanzee coaches this team as long as we win.
    [/quote]

Yes the HC is ultimately responsible for things that happen with the team.
    Very true.
    However, since people are pointing fingers that is why I get frustrated.
    Again, Chilly should not have called him out publically as he did.
    However, at the same time, Klewe has had his struggles and they are for more than just one game.
    That is what people aren't realizing here.
    We all seem to like Klewe and yes he can kick the ball a long way.
    His problem is consistency and directional punting.
    Both an important factor to being a successful professional punter in the NFL.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-10 Oct. 2008)

Vikings | Greenway fined $7,500 for major facemask
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:03:38 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Chad Greenway was fined $7,500 for a major facemask on New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush. The facemask was not flagged during the team's Week 5 game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Williams doubtful for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:36:17 -0700

Minnesota Vikings FS Madieu Williams (neck) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as doubtful for the team's Week 6 game and probably will not play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sapp questionable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:34:04 -0700

Minnesota Vikings CB Benny Sapp (hamstring) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game.

Vikings | Henderson questionable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:32:30 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Erin Henderson (concussion) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game.

Vikings | Ciurciu probable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:30:54 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (concussion) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.

Vikings | Edwards probable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:29:03 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DL Ray Edwards (shoulder) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.

Vikings | Sullivan probable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:25:56 -0700

Minnesota Vikings C John Sullivan (knee) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.

Vikings | Kleinsasser probable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:23:15 -0700

Minnesota Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser (foot) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.

Vikings | Rice questionable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:21:53 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice (knee) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game.

Vikings | Berrian questionable for Week 6
    Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:18:24 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (knee) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game but should play.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123