Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.
    I'm having my doubts about him and Allison at this point.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  2. #12
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    Does anybody know exactly what Rice's knee injury is?

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.
    I'm having my doubts about him and Allison at this point.
    I kindof like how AA is playing, when he gets on the field.

    Correct me on this, however, that ball BB caught for a TD was thrown to AA, who was open by the way.
    BB just ran the wrong route based on a improper adjustment.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Rice is not a bust, he's just injured.
    When he has played he has done well....

    Granted he hasn't had much time to do well lately; that IS frustrating.
    Well yes he is a bust if he can't stay healthy...I didn't say he had no skills...his skills don't help on the bench however.

  5. #15
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.
    I'm having my doubts about him and Allison at this point.
    I kindof like how AA is playing, when he gets on the field.

    Correct me on this, however, that ball BB caught for a TD was thrown to AA, who was open by the way.
    BB just ran the wrong route based on a improper adjustment.
    Jaws was talking about that play he said it was designed that way...I knew he was wrong about that...I knew somebody screwed up...not sure which WR it was.

  6. #16
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-9 Oct. 2008)

    Vikings | Leber moving to middle linebacker in nickel situations
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:17:38 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber will be moving to middle linebacker in nickel situations.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | M. Williams limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:14:03 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings FS Madieu Williams (neck) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9, but is not expected to return until near the end of the month.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Sullivan limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:13:40 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings C John Sullivan (knee) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Sapp limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:13:12 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings CB Benny Sapp (hamstring) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Rice limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:12:38 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice (knee) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9. It is unclear if he will play in Week 6.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Kleinsasser limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:12:09 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser (foot) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Edwards limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:11:44 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings DL Ray Edwards (shoulder) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Ciurciu limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:11:19 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (concussion) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Berrian sits out practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:10:31 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (knee) sat out of the team's practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Henderson misses practice Thursday
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:09:59 -0700

    Minnesota Vikings LB Erin Henderson (concussion) missed the team's practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Plackemeier works out
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:07:13 -0700

    Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Ryan Plackemeier (Seahawks) Wednesday, Oct. 8.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Paulescu works out
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:05:47 -0700

    Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Sam Paulescu (Broncos) Wednesday, Oct. 8.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Pakulak works out
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:04:27 -0700

    Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Glenn Pakulak (Raiders) Wednesday, Oct. 8.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vikings | Crossett works out
    Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:03:49 -0700

    Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Adam Crossett (Colts) Wednesday, Oct. 8.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #17
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    "jdvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | Four punters work out for team
    Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

    The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.
    Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

    Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

    Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.
    A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.
    He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
    Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
    He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
    Klewe admitted it.
    Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
    I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
    However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.

  8. #18
    Bretto007's Avatar
    Bretto007 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    147

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-9 Oct. 2008)

    I thought Ray Edwards was supposed to break the sack record this year?
    :Dude misses way too many games.
    Brad Childress is 1-6 in games played Dec. 17 or later.

  9. #19
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | Four punters work out for team
    Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

    The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.
    Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

    Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

    Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.
    A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.
    He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
    Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
    He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
    Klewe admitted it.
    Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
    I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
    However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.
    I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

    Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

    geez who pissed in your cheerios?

  10. #20
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-8 Oct. 2008)

    "jdvike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | Four punters work out for team
    Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

    The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.
    Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

    Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

    Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.
    A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.
    He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
    Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
    He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
    Klewe admitted it.
    Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
    I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
    However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.
    I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

    Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

    geez who pissed in your cheerios?
    LOL.
    I think you are right in that I am getting very frustrated with a lot of people here blaming Chilly for everything except for the economy (that's probably next).
    I agree he shouldn't have publically called out Klewe.
    That is uncalled for.
    However, in this circumstance, Chilly is not the one to blame for what went wrong during the game on STs.
    That is why I am so frustrated.
    Again, I'm not for or against firing Chilly yet.
    But the negativity from a lot of people on here seem to blame Chilly for everything that goes wrong but they will NEVER give him props for things he has done correct.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings KFFL Tidbits (20-31 Aug. 2008)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:16 AM
  2. KFFL Vikings tidbits (11-12 Aug. 2008)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 11:00 AM
  3. Vikings KFFL tidbits (28-29 May 2008)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 10:18 AM
  4. Vikings KFFL tidbits (21-22 May 2008)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
  5. Vikings KFFL Tidbits (2-6 May 2008)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 08:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •