Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (6 Dec. 2006)

"WVV" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Whats worse, BJ starting the game, or Chester Taylor missing it?
    Chester Taylor missing it, we need some offense
    I'd say Taylor.
    He still ranks 5th in all rushing yards in the league. He's been our only real source of offense as of late.
    Now try passing when the Lions know we don't have as big a run threat as we would have had if Taylor was healthy. -_-
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    I don't see how starting a guy who has proven himself to one of the league's worst quarterbacks in the league gives us a better chance to win than someone who hasn't proven anything.
    I totally agree with this statement!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    I don't see how starting a guy who has proven himself to one of the league's worst quarterbacks in the league gives us a better chance to win than someone who hasn't proven anything.
    Whether or not he is one of the league's worst QBs is open to debate... it would probably be safer to say that he is among the worst starting QBs this season.

Anyway, using the same logic, how can you say that someone who hasn't proven anything would be better than someone who had a great game against the Cards (27 of 41 for 271 yard, 3 TDs and 0 ints).
    And before anyone says "yeah, but that was against the 3-9 Cardinals, remember that this week we are playing the 2-10 Lions.

Coach Childress has the opportunity to see things during the week that we are not privy to. Just because TJ is a fan favorite does not mean that he is ready to start an NFL level.
    Lots of people say that it couldn't get any worse, but believe me... it can.

Whoever gets the nod on Sunday will be the QB that Childress feels will give us the best chance of winning based on what he has seen all year long.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    Whether or not he is one of the league's worst QBs is open to debate... it would probably be safer to say that he is among the worst starting QBs this season.

Anyway, using the same logic, how can you say that someone who hasn't proven anything would be better than someone who had a great game against the Cards (27 of 41 for 271 yard, 3 TDs and 0 ints).
    And before anyone says "yeah, but that was against the 3-9 Cardinals, remember that this week we are playing the 2-10 Lions.

Coach Childress has the opportunity to see things during the week that we are not privy to. Just because TJ is a fan favorite does not mean that he is ready to start an NFL level.

Whoever gets the nod on Sunday will be the QB that Childress feels will give us the best chance of winning based on what he has seen all year long.
    who cares if it is the Lions.
    What happens when he has to go to GB, play the Jets and Rams. The Jets, Lions, Packers, and Rams can put up points.
    Brad can once in a blue moon.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:

That's the thing, There is a lot going into preparing for a game and they are working on this, the coaching staff, all the time.
    They don't read some hacks newspaper column and go, 'Yeah, I never thought of that, good thing I subscribe to Pro Football Weekly.
    The best team will be put on the field by the staff that has well over 100 yrs of professional coaching experience.
    Yeah, but I was reading SI this morning while taking a dump and they said that TJ should start and Hutchinson should move to the right side....Childress is a fucking idiot, why isn't he doing that?
    Fire the bastard.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"Acumen" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:

That's the thing, There is a lot going into preparing for a game and they are working on this, the coaching staff, all the time.
    They don't read some hacks newspaper column and go, 'Yeah, I never thought of that, good thing I subscribe to Pro Football Weekly.
    The best team will be put on the field by the staff that has well over 100 yrs of professional coaching experience.
    Yeah, but I was reading SI this morning while taking a dump and they said that TJ should start and Hutchinson should move to the right side....Childress is a fricken idiot, why isn't he doing that?
    Fire the bastard.
    Hey now lets not get crazy, we all know Hutch should move to the right side. Oh and someone on here was calling for a 3-4 defense 3 weeks ago, and they just got around to it and it has been killer, so if he has any gray matter left he will move Hutch over LMAO! ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:

who cares if it is the Lions.
    What happens when he has to go to GB, play the Jets and Rams. The Jets, Lions, Packers, and Rams can put up points.
    Brad can once in a blue moon.
    We play one game at a time.
    This week we are playing the Lions, and the decision to be made is who will start at QB this week.
    The results of this week's game will have a major result on the decision for the following weeks...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:

Yeah, but I was reading SI this morning while taking a dump and they said that TJ should start and Hutchinson should move to the right side....Childress is a fricken idiot, why isn't he doing that?
    Fire the bastard.
    You're right...they don't read the newspapers or SI, they read PP.O.
    ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123