Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings KFFL Tidbits (6 Dec. 2006)

Vikings | J. Martin released
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:09:21 -0800

Minnesota Vikings OG Jimmy Martin has been released from the team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Robinson limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:09:19 -0800

Minnesota Vikings WR Marcus Robinson (ankle) missed at least a portion of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is probable for Week 14.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Kluwe misses practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:03:27 -0800

Minnesota Vikings P Chris Kluwe (wrist, thumb) did not take any snaps in practice Wednesday, Dec. 6.

Vikings | N. Harris limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:03:25 -0800

Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris (wrist) missed at least a portion of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is probable for Week 14.

Vikings | Griffin limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:03:22 -0800

Minnesota Vikings CB Cedric Griffin (neck) missed at least a portion of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is probable for Week 14.

Vikings | P. Williams limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:59:36 -0800

Minnesota Vikings DL Pat Williams (knee) missed at least a portion of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is probable for Week 14.

Vikings | Wiggins limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:59:34 -0800

Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins (knee) missed at least a portion of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is probable for Week 14.

Vikings | M. Johnson limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:59:32 -0800

Minnesota Vikings OT Marcus Johnson (ankle) missed at least a portion of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is probable for Week 14.

Vikings | Birk limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:57:11 -0800

Minnesota Vikings C Matt Birk (neck) missed at least a portion of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is probable for Week 14.

Vikings | Hicks questionable for Week 14
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:56:56 -0800

Minnesota Vikings OG Artis Hicks (ankle) was believed to have participated in a part of practice Wednesday, Dec. 6, and is questionable for Week 14.

Vikings | Bollinger doubtful for Week 14
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:51:09 -0800

ESPNews reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brooks Bollinger (shoulder) is doubtful for the Week 14 game.

Vikings | Bollinger doubtful for Week 14
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:51:09 -0800

ESPNews reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brooks Bollinger (shoulder) is doubtful for the Week 14 game.

Vikings | C. Taylor doubtful for Week 14
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:47:12 -0800

ESPNews reports Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor (ribs) is doubtful for the Week 14 game.

Vikings | B. Johnson will start Week 14
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:43:44 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brad Johnson will remain the team's starting quarterback for Week 14.

Vikings | Henson re-signed to practice squad
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:37:52 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have re-signed QB Drew Henson (Vikings) to the team's practice squad.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (6 Dec. 2006)

"Acumen" wrote:

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brad Johnson will remain the team's starting quarterback for Week 14.

:'( :'( :'( :'( i can not believe how dumb childress is. i am in utter shock. excuse me while i go cry now.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

:'( :'( :'( :'( i can not believe how dumb childress is. i am in utter shock. excuse me while i go cry now.
    What a joke!!!! after such a horrible game, BJ is going to start. I don't understand why TJ can't have a chance, even with his lack of experience.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I'm sure by halftime Brad will have a few picks and then TJ will get in.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

make no mistake about it, BJ is on a short leash for the remaining games
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Acumen" wrote:
    Vikings | Henson re-signed to practice squad
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:37:52 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have re-signed QB Drew Henson (Vikings) to the team's practice squad.
    [size=13pt]Vikings re-sign Henson to their practice squad[/size]

By Tim Robinson
    DAILY PRESS & ARGUS

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

What a joke!!!! after such a horrible game, BJ is going to start. I don't understand why TJ can't have a chance, even with his lack of experience.
    how do these guys find out about brad starting if childress didnt tell the media??

ESPN.com and, subsequently other national media outlets, reported that Johnson has held on to the starting job, but declined to name a source that would verify that information, claiming that Johnson still has the job despite not telling the media at his press conference. But as far as Childress is concerned, the secret is still safe
    http://vikings.scout.com/2/598527.html (Source, right above the thursday notes!)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

Maybe we can get a high draft pick now!
    :-[
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

And yet, if by the grace of god we win out and make it into the playoffs, peple will be chanting "I can't believe how smart Childress was!"

Seriously, the first thing we should note is that we really don't know for sure that BJ is starting.
    ESPN is the only one to report it, and every other source is just quoting ESPN.
    They've been wrong before.

Second, even if BJ is starting (which I believe he will), it is in no way a dumb decision.
    Yeah, I have hit the point when I would like to see TJ start too.
    But as unlikely as it is, we are still in the playoff hunt, and we need to field the QB who gives us the best chance to win the game.
    The coaches work with BJ and TJ every day, and they have a lot more information on which to base that decision than a bunch of armchair fans who only see what the media shows us at game time.

Until this week, TJ had not taken a snap with the first team at all, working primarily with the scout team.
    That is because Brooks was our 2nd, not TJ.
    Propelling a 3rd String QB directly to starter in the span of a week is a pretty big undertaking, especially when you consider that said 3rd QB is a rookie from a small school.

I expect BJ to be the starter this week.
    Not because Childress is dumb, but because Childress is not willing to roll over and die just because the odds are against us.
    While there is still a chance, however remote, for us to get into the playoffs, Childress will do everything he can to get us there.

Skol.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

And yet, if by the grace of god we win out and make it into the playoffs, peple will be chanting "I can't believe how smart Childress was!"

Seriously, the first thing we should note is that we really don't know for sure that BJ is starting.
    ESPN is the only one to report it, and every other source is just quoting ESPN.
    They've been wrong before.

Second, even if BJ is starting (which I believe he will), it is in no way a dumb decision.
    Yeah, I have hit the point when I would like to see TJ start too.
    But as unlikely as it is, we are still in the playoff hunt, and we need to field the QB who gives us the best chance to win the game.
    The coaches work with BJ and TJ every day, and they have a lot more information on which to base that decision than a bunch of armchair fans who only see what the media shows us at game time.

Until this week, TJ had not taken a snap with the first team at all, working primarily with the scout team.
    That is because Brooks was our 2nd, not TJ.
    Propelling a 3rd String QB directly to starter in the span of a week is a pretty big undertaking, especially when you consider that said 3rd QB is a rookie from a small school.

I expect BJ to be the starter this week.
    Not because Childress is dumb, but because Childress is not willing to roll over and die just because the odds are against us.
    While there is still a chance, however remote, for us to get into the playoffs, Childress will do everything he can to get us there.

Skol.
    That's it.
    I'm surprised that people are surprised that he got the nod.
    I posted my take on it last Monday:

No doubt.
    Tough predicament to be in.
    Bollinger is down leaving BJ and TJ.
    One is stinking it up and one is not ready.
    Start BJ and the masses ask for your head and start TJ and you are considered a hero even though you and he both know he is not ready to go.
    If the rumor is true about the locker room chemistry it's an atomic weapon that has been detonated.
    Tough situation, Childress is being baptized by fire, not a unique situation for a new HC to be in though.
    To me, the way he handles the team chemistry situation, if it is really screwed up, says a lot about his future coaching abilities.
    More than the W/Ls in his first year.

He will obviously go with his best option on a relative basis which will be BJ.
    If he nor the team nor Tarvaris himself thinks he's ready I don't think Childress will cave into the popular opinion of the vocal fans.
    BJ gets the start and if he stinks it up TJ will be in.
    That is the only logical solution from an HC's position unless he caves in to popular fan demand, which I highly doubt.
    BJ's theoretical consistency didn't pan out and we're stuck unless there's an FA floating around that is familiar with the offense.

It will be interesting to watch this all play out over the last stretch of games
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast