Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    He's usually alright with switching up his o-line. It didn't take long for Herrera to start.
    Only if you concider a little over a year as a short amount of time. Hicks was bad last year too.

    I'm praying to the football gods tonight that Mewelde Moore takes over as punt returner for the rest of the season. Wade has been just awful as a punt returner. He has been awful his entire career as a punt returner.

  2. #22
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    He's usually alright with switching up his o-line. It didn't take long for Herrera to start.
    Only if you concider a little over a year as a short amount of time. Hicks was bad last year too.

    I'm praying to the football gods tonight that Mewelde Moore takes over as punt returner for the rest of the season. Wade has been just awful as a punt returner. He has been awful his entire career as a punt returner.
    Please give an example of Wade being awful this year as a punt returner.
    I like most was leary about it to start the season but I think he's done a good job.
    Explain to me your point of view.

  3. #23
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    He's usually alright with switching up his o-line. It didn't take long for Herrera to start.
    Only if you concider a little over a year as a short amount of time. Hicks was bad last year too.

    I'm praying to the football gods tonight that Mewelde Moore takes over as punt returner for the rest of the season. Wade has been just awful as a punt returner. He has been awful his entire career as a punt returner.
    Please give an example of Wade being awful this year as a punt returner.
    I like most was leary about it to start the season but I think he's done a good job.
    Explain to me your point of view.
    He feilded a punt at the on the one yard line against the Eagles at the end of the game, that's a huge no-no. He frequently lets punts hit the ground instead of fair catching them. He miss judges the ball in the air and just lets it hit the ground. That leaves open the possibility of that ball bouncing off the ground into a blocker. That can lead to giving the ball back to the other team beofre the offense gets a chance to do something with it. He averages just over 7 yards a return which ranks 22nd in the NFL. He's not very good at making people miss in open space which is a requirement for being a good punt returner.

    Moore almost busted one for TD today and averaged 14.8 a return. Mewelde has always been a good punt returner. I cannot think of reason not to dress Moore for every game from here on out to return punts. I also don't understand the logic of not dressing Moore so Childress can have 3 fullbacks active for a game and just 2 runningbacks. Who uses 3 fullbacks?

  4. #24
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    He's usually alright with switching up his o-line. It didn't take long for Herrera to start.
    Only if you concider a little over a year as a short amount of time. Hicks was bad last year too.

    I'm praying to the football gods tonight that Mewelde Moore takes over as punt returner for the rest of the season. Wade has been just awful as a punt returner. He has been awful his entire career as a punt returner.
    Please give an example of Wade being awful this year as a punt returner.
    I like most was leary about it to start the season but I think he's done a good job.
    Explain to me your point of view.
    He feilded a punt at the on the one yard line against the Eagles at the end of the game, that's a huge no-no. He frequently lets punts hit the ground instead of fair catching them. He miss judges the ball in the air and just lets it hit the ground. That leaves open the possibility of that ball bouncing off the ground into a blocker. That can lead to giving the ball back to the other team beofre the offense gets a chance to do something with it. He averages just over 7 yards a return which ranks 22nd in the NFL. He's not very good at making people miss in open space which is a requirement for being a good punt returner.

    Moore almost busted one for TD today and averaged 14.8 a return. Mewelde has always been a good punt returner. I cannot think of reason not to dress Moore for every game from here on out to return punts. I also don't understand the logic of not dressing Moore so Childress can have 3 fullbacks active for a game and just 2 runningbacks. Who uses 3 fullbacks?
    I do agree that MeMo is better without a doubt.
    I also agree with the fact he doesn't break many tackles in the open field.
    As far as fielding that punt against the Eagles I have to disagree with you.
    Not because you aren't correct in what your saying.
    I think he did the right thing given the circumstance.
    It's late in the game and you are losing.
    he knows the offense hasn't moved the ball well.
    Why not try and and return it?
    I haven't seen him misjudge any so I can't comment on that.
    All and all great post.

  5. #25
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    He's usually alright with switching up his o-line. It didn't take long for Herrera to start.
    Only if you concider a little over a year as a short amount of time. Hicks was bad last year too.

    I'm praying to the football gods tonight that Mewelde Moore takes over as punt returner for the rest of the season. Wade has been just awful as a punt returner. He has been awful his entire career as a punt returner.
    Please give an example of Wade being awful this year as a punt returner.
    I like most was leary about it to start the season but I think he's done a good job.
    Explain to me your point of view.
    He feilded a punt at the on the one yard line against the Eagles at the end of the game, that's a huge no-no. He frequently lets punts hit the ground instead of fair catching them. He miss judges the ball in the air and just lets it hit the ground. That leaves open the possibility of that ball bouncing off the ground into a blocker. That can lead to giving the ball back to the other team beofre the offense gets a chance to do something with it. He averages just over 7 yards a return which ranks 22nd in the NFL. He's not very good at making people miss in open space which is a requirement for being a good punt returner.

    Moore almost busted one for TD today and averaged 14.8 a return. Mewelde has always been a good punt returner. I cannot think of reason not to dress Moore for every game from here on out to return punts. I also don't understand the logic of not dressing Moore so Childress can have 3 fullbacks active for a game and just 2 runningbacks. Who uses 3 fullbacks?
    I do agree that MeMo is better without a doubt.
    I also agree with the fact he doesn't break many tackles in the open field.
    As far as fielding that punt against the Eagles I have to disagree with you.
    Not because you aren't correct in what your saying.
    I think he did the right thing given the circumstance.
    It's late in the game and you are losing.
    he knows the offense hasn't moved the ball well.
    Why not try and and return it?
    I haven't seen him misjudge any so I can't comment on that.
    All and all great post.
    He shpuldn't have returned it because it takes time off the clock and gives the team even worse feild position.

  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=39212.msg664208#msg664208 date=1193715263]
    He's usually alright with switching up his o-line. It didn't take long for Herrera to start.
    Only if you concider a little over a year as a short amount of time. Hicks was bad last year too.

    I'm praying to the football gods tonight that Mewelde Moore takes over as punt returner for the rest of the season. Wade has been just awful as a punt returner. He has been awful his entire career as a punt returner.
    Please give an example of Wade being awful this year as a punt returner.
    I like most was leary about it to start the season but I think he's done a good job.
    Explain to me your point of view.
    He feilded a punt at the on the one yard line against the Eagles at the end of the game, that's a huge no-no. He frequently lets punts hit the ground instead of fair catching them. He miss judges the ball in the air and just lets it hit the ground. That leaves open the possibility of that ball bouncing off the ground into a blocker. That can lead to giving the ball back to the other team beofre the offense gets a chance to do something with it. He averages just over 7 yards a return which ranks 22nd in the NFL. He's not very good at making people miss in open space which is a requirement for being a good punt returner.

    Moore almost busted one for TD today and averaged 14.8 a return. Mewelde has always been a good punt returner. I cannot think of reason not to dress Moore for every game from here on out to return punts. I also don't understand the logic of not dressing Moore so Childress can have 3 fullbacks active for a game and just 2 runningbacks. Who uses 3 fullbacks?
    I do agree that MeMo is better without a doubt.
    I also agree with the fact he doesn't break many tackles in the open field.
    As far as fielding that punt against the Eagles I have to disagree with you.
    Not because you aren't correct in what your saying.
    I think he did the right thing given the circumstance.
    It's late in the game and you are losing.
    he knows the offense hasn't moved the ball well.
    Why not try and and return it?
    I haven't seen him misjudge any so I can't comment on that.
    All and all great post.
    He shpuldn't have returned it because it takes time off the clock and gives the team even worse feild position.
    [/quote]

    You have your opinion and I have mine.
    You're not wrong and I'm not saying you are.
    My take is given the circumstance he did the right thing.
    Not only that but you don't know what the coaches told him to do.
    Maybe the coach told him to field it no matter what.
    Sometimes it comes down to the game situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings KFFL Tidbits (19-23 Nov. 2007)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 09:27 AM
  2. Vikings KFFL Tidbits (22-27 Oct. 2007)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 09:42 AM
  3. Vikings KFFL Tidbits (4-9 Aug. 2007)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:09 AM
  4. KFFL Vikings tidbits (22-26 May 2007)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 07:53 PM
  5. Vikings KFFL Tidbits (14 Feb. 2007)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 09:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •