Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Personally, I find it funny that so many people are so anti-Ryan Cook (a guy who is young and still learning a new position on the fly in the NFL) but I don't hear nearly as much complaining about a guy like Bryant McKinnie who is constantly getting beat for sacks and called for holding and offsides penalties. McKinnie is the biggest disappointment of them all in my opinion. And be careful what you wish for. If Cook is injured and can't play we might see Marcus Johnson in there which isn't going to be very pretty.
    Some of us have tried to make the point that there are alot of young guys out there playing in key positions that are basically learning on the job and that a little patience is in order.

Of course that is lost on the "Win Now", "Childress Can't Coach because we aren't winning Now" crowd.
    ;D

Good point on Big Mt Man.
    I sure hope he is having an issue that we aren't aware of.
    I remember when we drafted him and he came with the hype of having never allowed a sack.
    Again, I think there is something under the weeds that we aren't privy to.
    ???
    Actually I think many people are discouraged from McKinnie's play and have posted it here.
    I know I have.
    I think McKinnie just lacks that speed off the line. Cook is still young, McKinnie should be at his prime by now. He has no more excuses.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Personally, I find it funny that so many people are so anti-Ryan Cook (a guy who is young and still learning a new position on the fly in the NFL) but I don't hear nearly as much complaining about a guy like Bryant McKinnie who is constantly getting beat for sacks and called for holding and offsides penalties. McKinnie is the biggest disappointment of them all in my opinion. And be careful what you wish for. If Cook is injured and can't play we might see Marcus Johnson in there which isn't going to be very pretty.
    Some of us have tried to make the point that there are alot of young guys out there playing in key positions that are basically learning on the job and that a little patience is in order.

Of course that is lost on the "Win Now", "Childress Can't Coach because we aren't winning Now" crowd.
    ;D

I remember when we drafted him and he came with the hype of having never allowed a sack.
    ???
    Actually I think many people are discouraged from McKinnie's play and have posted it here.
    I know I have.
    I think McKinnie just lacks that speed off the line. Cook is still young, McKinnie should be at his prime by now. He has no more excuses.
    Unless of course there is something wrong that we aren't privy to.

I posted on here a couple of days ago I thought he might need to lighten up a bit to get his foot speed back, however, I did some digging and he is right at or about 5 lbs lighter than his college weight.

Gotta be something else that is causing him to have problems with DE's.

Someone made an astute observation and thought maybe the staff (not just the Chiller should move him to RT were he would face/man larger slower DE's.
    I thought that would be a good move.

I wonder what would happen to Cook (or our QB's for that matter) if they moved him over to LT?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

;D

???
    I know I have.
    Unless of course there is something wrong that we aren't privy to.

I posted on here a couple of days ago I thought he might need to lighten up a bit to get his foot speed back, however, I did some digging and he is right at or about 5 lbs lighter than his college weight.

Gotta be something else that is causing him to have problems with DE's.

Someone made an astute observation and thought maybe the staff (not just the Chiller should move him to RT were he would face/man larger slower DE's.
    I thought that would be a good move.

I wonder what would happen to Cook (or our QB's for that matter) if they moved him over to LT?
    I don't see anything wrong with trying that but the problem may be who do we put there to replace him?
    One thing they can do is line up Kleinny and Shank next to each other on that side.
    On passing playes where the TE is involved Shank can break off.
    That way there would be Kleinny and Richardson can help take the slack.
    The only way that hurts the WRs is one more may have to come off the line which is no big deal because no one can bump and jam them effectively.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I'm excited to see Bollinger start over Holcomb (if TJ can't start).

I wouldn't mind seeing Marcus Johnson play instead of Cook though. He has killed too many of our offensive drives with penalties and sacks. To me both Cook and Johnson are on par so don't see why we wouldn't give Johnson a chance. I just feel that we're giving Cook too many chances.

I agree on the Mckinnie comment. He has been a dissapointment this season. How about Birk? I don't know enough about the position but I don't think he's playing as well as he used to. Thats just a gut instinct. I have no data to back that up
    ;D.

I think Tank Williams has done an outstanding job filling in for Dwight Smith.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Big" wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Marcus Johnson play instead of Cook though. He has killed too many of our offensive drives with penalties and sacks. To me both Cook and Johnson are on par so don't see why we wouldn't give Johnson a chance. I just feel that we're giving Cook too many chances.

I agree on the Mckinnie comment. He has been a dissapointment this season. How about Birk? I don't know enough about the position but I don't think he's playing as well as he used to. Thats just a gut instinct. I have no data to back that up
    ;D.

I am trying to get excited about it.
    To be honest, I liked BB when he was in ND, and when he was in WI.
    I honestly thought he would come out better than he did this year.
    He isn't a pro-bowl level quarterback by any means, but I thought he might have enough to keep us afloat.

Now I am undecided on him.
    He really looked bad at the beginning of the year, but maybe he needed the move to 3rd string to wake him up.
    He looked decent in Sunday's game...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Big" wrote:

;D.

I gave Birk props this week after blaming him for some of our poor Line play.

He only shifted to the wrong side (Shifted to Herrera) once that I saw.
    Additionally, he actually ID'd the blitzer correctly several times just before the snap.

Judgement is still out on him though.
    :

It appears to me that like Johnson, BB, and Tank, all the players are prepped and ready to play when called on.

Some would call that a good job of coaching.
    On here, most will call that an accident.
    Of course we know who is right.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29-31 Oct. 2007)

Vikings | Cook expects to play Week 9
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:11:54 -0700

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings C Ryan Cook (shoulder) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31, but expects to play Week 9.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Winfield uncertain to play Week 9
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:11:28 -0700

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31, and his status is uncertain for Week 9. Winfield was a new addition to the participation report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | T. Jackson expected to start Week 9
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:11:07 -0700

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (hand) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31, and is expected to start Week 9. Jackson did not play Week 8 because of a broken finger on his throwing hand.

Vikings | Gordon likely to replace Wade
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:10:48 -0700

Minnesota Vikings CB Charles Gordon is likely to replace WR Bobby Wade (knee) on punt returns in Week 9.

Vikings | Moore likely to replace Wade
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:10:23 -0700

Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore is likely to replace WR Bobby Wade (knee) on punt returns in Week 9.

Vikings | Wade uncertain for Week 9
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:10:04 -0700

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) did not practice Wednesday, Oct. 31, and his status is uncertain for Week 9.

Vikings | Robison uncertain for Week 9
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:09:45 -0700

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings DL Brian Robison (illness) did not practice Wednesday, Oct. 31, and his status is uncertain for Week 9.

Vikings | Peterson named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:30:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have announced RB Adrian Peterson has been named the NFL Offensive Player of the Month for October.

Vikings | Cook limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:20:26 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings OL Ryan Cook (shoulder) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | James limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:20:08 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Erasmus James (shoulder) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | Winfield limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:18:41 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | Smith limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:18:20 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings FS Dwight Smith (hamstring) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | Ciurciu limited in practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:15:24 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (ankle) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | Holcomb misses practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:15:00 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Kelly Holcomb (neck) did not practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | Robison misses practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:05:24 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Brian Robison (illness) did not practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | Wade to miss practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:57:05 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said WR Bobby Wade (knee) will not practice Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Vikings | Williamson to miss practice Wednesday
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:55:51 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said WR Troy Williamson will not practice Wednesday, Oct. 31, because he is attending a funeral.

Vikings | Childress not interested in George
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:52:25 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said he does not have any interest bringing in free-agent QB Jeff George (Raiders).

Vikings | Jackson to get bulk of reps
    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:51:38 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said he expects QB Tarvaris Jackson (finger) to take most of the reps during practice. Childress said Jackson looked "significantly better" than he did last week.

Vikings | Peterson leads league in rushing
    Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:55:04 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson currently leads the NFL in rushing with 740 yards.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29-31 Oct. 2007)

To add insult to injury they are pretty banged up.

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct-1 Nov. 2007)

Vikings | Cook limited during practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:42:23 -0700

Minnesota Vikings OT Ryan Cook (shoulder) was limited during practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He expects to play Week 9.

Vikings | James limited during practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:42:00 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DE Erasmus James (shoulder) was limited during practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is considered doubtful for Week 9.

Vikings | Winfield misses practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:38:56 -0700

Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring) did not participate in practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is considered questionable for Week 9.

Vikings | Jackson limited during practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:36:22 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (hand) was limited during practice Thursday, Nov. 1, but took his normal amount of reps. He is expected to start Week 9.

Vikings | Smith limited during practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:35:49 -0700

Minnesota Vikings FS Dwight Smith (hamstring) was limited during practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is questionable for Week 9.

Vikings | Ciurciu limited during practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:34:40 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (ankle) was limited during practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is questionable for Week 9.

Vikings | Williamson misses practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:32:04 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson (personal) did not participate in practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is expected to play Week 9.

Vikings | Wade misses practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:31:23 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) did not participate in practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is doubtful for Week 9. If he does play in the game, he will likely give up his punt return duties to CB Charles Gordon or RB Mewelde Moore.

Vikings | Holcomb misses practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:28:22 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Kelly Holcomb (neck) did not participate in practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is expected to miss at least two more weeks.

Vikings | Robison limited during practice Thursday
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:24:53 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DE Brian Robison (illness) was limited during practice Thursday, Nov. 1. He is expected to play Week 9.

Vikings | Week 9 game a sellout
    Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:24:20 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings were able to sell the remaining tickets for their Week 9 game, and the game will not be blacked out locally.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct-2 Nov. 2007)

Vikings | Williamson will not play Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:40:06 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson (personal) will not play Week 9, according to his agent David Canter. He is expected to return to practice Wednesday, Nov. 7.

Vikings | D. Smith probable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:54:23 -0700

Minnesota Vikings FS Dwight Smith (hamstring) was limited in practice Friday, Nov. 2, but is listed as probable for Week 9.

Vikings | Winfield questionable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:54:08 -0700

Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring) did not practice Friday, Nov. 2, and is listed as questionable for Week 9.

Vikings | Ciurciu probable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:53:39 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (ankle) practiced Friday, Nov. 2. He is listed as probable for Week 9.

Vikings | E. James probable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:53:14 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DL Erasmus James (shoulder) was limited in practice Friday, Nov. 2. He is listed as probable for Week 9.

Vikings | Robison probable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:52:57 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DL Brian Robison (illness) practiced Friday, Nov. 2. Robison is listed as probable and is expected to play Week 9.

Vikings | Cook probable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:52:44 -0700

Minnesota Vikings C Ryan Cook (shoulder) was limited in practice Friday, Nov. 2. Cook is listed as probable and is expected to play Week 9.

Vikings | Wade questionable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:52:28 -0700

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) was limited in practice Friday, Nov. 2, and is listed as questionable for Week 9.

Vikings | Holcomb questionable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:52:08 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Kelly Holcomb (neck) did not practice Friday, Nov. 2, and is listed as questionable. Holcomb would likely be the team's No. 3 quarterback if healthy.

Vikings | T. Jackson probable Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:51:51 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (hand) was limited in practice Friday, Nov. 2, but is listed as probable for Week 9.

Vikings | Henderson fined $5,000
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:53:58 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB E.J. Henderson was fined $5,000 for a major facemask penalty on Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook during the team's Week 8 game.

Vikings | McCauley may start Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:53:20 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Marcus McCauley is expected to start Week 9, if CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring) is not able to play in the game.

Vikings | Wade questionable for Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:49:33 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 9.

Vikings | Winfield questionable for Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:47:42 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Week 9.

Vikings | Ferguson should see plenty of action Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:32:05 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Robert Ferguson should see plenty of action Week 9.

Vikings | Rice should see plenty of action Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:31:43 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice see plenty of action Week 9.

Vikings | Allison could play Week 9
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:31:18 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Aundrae Allison could play if WR Troy Williamson (personal) does not play Week 9.

Vikings | Williamson does not practice Friday
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:30:50 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson (personal) did not practice Friday, Nov. 2.

Vikings | Wade returns to practice Friday
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:29:25 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) returned to practice Friday, Nov. 2.

Vikings | Winfield not on the practice field Friday
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:29:06 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Antoine Winfield (hamstring) was not on the practice field Friday, Nov. 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast