Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct-2 Nov. 2007)

Vikings | Gordon could return punts Week 9
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:01:16 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Charles Gordon could return punts Week 9 in relief of WR Bobby Wade (knee).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Moore could return punts Week 9
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:00:53 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore could return punts Week 9 in relief of WR Bobby Wade (knee).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Johnson could replace Cook Week 9
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:00:18 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings OT Marcus Johnson could replace C Ryan Cook (shoulder) if Cook does not play Week 9.

Vikings | Cook injured Week 8
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:00:01 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings C Ryan Cook (shoulder) was diagnosed with a Grade 1 AC sprain in his left shoulder. It is the least serious of injury possibilities for him.

Vikings | Wade injured Week 8
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:58:50 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) suffered a hyperextended knee and a bone bruise in the team's Week 8 game. Head coach Brad Childress said Wade is feeling fine Monday, Oct. 29.

Vikings | Holcomb unlikely to play Week 9
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:34:51 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Kelly Holcomb (neck) is unlikely to play Week 8. Holcomb is "extremely sore," head coach Brad Childress said. Tests revealed Monday, Oct. 29, that the injury is nothing worse than the whiplash injury he suffered Sunday, Oct. 28.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (29 Oct. 2007)

Wooohooo! I hope Cook doesnt start.

I dont know why it is going to take a injury to finally bench Cook. Childress just cant admit his dumbass draft mistakes and have the dignancy to bench him.

BTW, I still have faith in TJ.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

He's usually alright with switching up his o-line. It didn't take long for Herrera to start.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings | Bollinger could start Week 9
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:34:15 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Brooks Bollinger could start the team's Week 9 game if QB Tarvaris Jackson (finger) is not ready to play.

Vikings | C. Taylor plays Week 8
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:33:37 -0700

Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor (groin) played in the team's Week 8 game.

Vikings | Shiancoe plays Week 8
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:33:04 -0700

Minnesota Vikings TE Visanthe Shiancoe (groin) played in the team's Week 8 game.

Vikings | Tahi plays Week 8
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:32:25 -0700

Minnesota Vikings FB Naufahu Tahi (knee) played in the team's Week 8 game.

Vikings | D. Smith runs Monday
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:31:55 -0700

Minnesota Vikings S Dwight Smith (hamstring) "ran well" Monday, Oct. 29, according to head coach Brad Childress. Smith could play in the team's Week 9 game.

Vikings | Ciurciu did some running Monday
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:31:06 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (ankle) did some running Monday, Oct. 29, at the team's training facility.

Vikings | Wade unlikely to miss any time
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:30:49 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) is unlikely to miss any time after suffering a hpyerextended knee and a bone bruise Week 8.

Vikings | Cook will be able to play Week 9
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:30:22 -0700

Minnesota Vikings OT Ryan Cook (shoulder) missed time during the Week 8 game with an AC sprain, but he was able to return to the game. Cook said he will play Week 9.

Vikings | T. Jackson will do some throwing Tuesday
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:29:37 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (finger) will do some throwing Tuesday, Oct. 30 to see where he is at in his recovery. Head coach Brad Childress said that "if Tarvaris can play he will play."

Vikings | Holcomb likely out a couple of weeks
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:28:36 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Kelly Holcomb (neck) underwent an MRI and CT scan that showed no fractures, but he does have a whiplash-like injury that will likely sideline him for a couple of weeks.

Vikings | George interested in returning to Minnesota
    Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:06:17 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports QB Jeff George, who last played in an NFL game in 2001, is interested in returning to the league for the Minnesota Vikings. "I know they're banged up," said George. "But with a running back like Adrian Peterson, I would be licking my chops. With that running back, you need someone who can throw that deep ball, and I know I still can. I don't care about the talent at receiver."

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"DaVizzles" wrote:

I dont know why it is going to take a injury to finally bench Cook. Childress just cant admit his dumbass draft mistakes and have the dignancy to bench him.

How many times does one need to correct some people on this forum?
    :'(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mblack76" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:

How many times does one need to correct some people on this forum?

:'(
    Which one of the 3 obvious in this post are you refering to?

;D

I find it amazing that people actually expect this staff (not jus the Chiller) to get 100% of thier draft picks to pan out instantaneously and never fail.

Mind numbing my friend.

I still like DaViz though.
    He cracks me up sometimes.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Personally, I find it funny that so many people are so anti-Ryan Cook (a guy who is young and still learning a new position on the fly in the NFL) but I don't hear nearly as much complaining about a guy like Bryant McKinnie who is constantly getting beat for sacks and called for holding and offsides penalties. McKinnie is the biggest disappointment of them all in my opinion. And be careful what you wish for. If Cook is injured and can't play we might see Marcus Johnson in there which isn't going to be very pretty.
    Even babies know the difference.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Personally, I find it funny that so many people are so anti-Ryan Cook (a guy who is young and still learning a new position on the fly in the NFL) but I don't hear nearly as much complaining about a guy like Bryant McKinnie who is constantly getting beat for sacks and called for holding and offsides penalties. McKinnie is the biggest disappointment of them all in my opinion. And be careful what you wish for. If Cook is injured and can't play we might see Marcus Johnson in there which isn't going to be very pretty.
    Some of us have tried to make the point that there are alot of young guys out there playing in key positions that are basically learning on the job and that a little patience is in order.

Of course that is lost on the "Win Now", "Childress Can't Coach because we aren't winning Now" crowd.
    ;D

Good point on Big Mt Man.
    I sure hope he is having an issue that we aren't aware of.
    I remember when we drafted him and he came with the hype of having never allowed a sack.
    Again, I think there is something under the weeds that we aren't privy to.
    ???
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    I already tried to explain MJ to a few posters. They're hell bent on him starting because cook gave up 2 sacks. :

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Some of us have tried to make the point that there are alot of young guys out there playing in key positions that are basically learning on the job and that a little patience is in order.

Of course that is lost on the "Win Now", "Childress Can't Coach because we aren't winning Now" crowd.
    ;D

Good point on Big Mt Man.
    I sure hope he is having an issue that we aren't aware of.
    I remember when we drafted him and he came with the hype of having never allowed a sack.
    Again, I think there is something under the weeds that we aren't privy to.

???
    Actually I think many people are discouraged from McKinnie's play and have posted it here.
    I know I have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast