Prophet Guest

Vikings KFFL Tidbits (28 Sept. 2006)

Vikings | T. Brown works out with team Wednesday
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:54:09 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings worked out free agent DL Tony Brown (Panthers) Wednesday, Sept. 27.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Alexander works out with team Wednesday
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:53:41 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings worked out free agent DL Lorenzo Alexander (Ravens) Wednesday, Sept. 27.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Lavalais works out with team Wednesday
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:52:34 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings worked out free agent DL Chad Lavalais (Falcons) Wednesday, Sept. 27.

Vikings | Taylor limited in practice Thursday
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:52:02 -0700

Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor (ankle) was limited in practice Thursday, Sept. 28 and added to the team's injury report as probable for Week 4.

Vikings | P. Williams practices Thursday
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:51:47 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DL Pat Williams (ankle) practiced Thursday, Sept. 28 and is listed as questionable for the Week 4 game. Williams will likely play in the game.

Vikings | Leber misses practice Thursday
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:46:07 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber (knee) missed practice Thursday, Sept. 28 and is listed as questionable for the Week 4 game. LB Dontarrious Thomas will likely replace him at strongside linebacker.

Vikings | T. Jackson misses practice Thursday
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:45:28 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (knee) missed practice Thursday, Sept. 28 and is listed as doubtful for the Week 4 game.

Vikings | D. Thomas likely replacement for Leber
    Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:01:05 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Dontarrious Thomas is the most likely replacement for LB Ben Leber (knee) if Leber is unable to play in Week 4. Although Thomas would be playing weak-side linebacker, a position he is not used to playing, he is the only reserve linebacker who has seen action on defense so far this season.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (28 Sept. 2006)

Alright if D.T. wants a chance to earn a starting spot, well look no further then this game.Its a HUGE test for him, I'm excited to see his play.Dont get me wrong I like Leber, but I've always wanted D.T. to develope so bad.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Look no further than the Fact of the Day to determine if Dontarrious can handle it...he is one smart dude...he was the SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college...plus he stepped in his rookie year when EJ went down and performed admirably at MLB (a position he had never played before) for the Vikings.
    He will do just fine (with his 4.4 speed)!

Also, I hope we sign Lavalais...he's always played well in Purple and Gold and he was on the last national championship team at LSU so he is a proven winner.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

havn't heard a lot of most of the guys they are working out, but i have faith in the coaching and personel staff to make the right choices.

D.t coming in will be a good test for him, i hope he can step it up and come out
    flyin. he's really fast, and our D is right on the verge of being GREAT!! if we could just get one step faster I bet we could climb to top 5 D even in the eyes of the nfl posers.. err i mean analysists.. that i hope is what D.t brings in. Leber i hope comes back so but lets see D.t!!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall