Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings KFFL Tidbits (17-20 Sept. 2007)

Vikings | D. Smith receives IV during Week 2
    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:36:38 -0700

Minnesota Vikings FS Dwight Smith (cramps) left the team's Week 2 game to get an IV because he was cramping. Smith was able to return and is fine for Week 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sharper receives IV during Week 2
    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:35:47 -0700

Minnesota Vikings SS Darren Sharper (cramps) left the team's Week 2 game to get an IV because he was cramping. Sharper was able to return and is fine for Week 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | James may be held out a few more weeks
    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:30:28 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DE Erasmus James (knee) did not play in the team's Week 2 game. James may be held for a few more weeks until the coaches feel he is fully recovered from his knee injury.

Vikings | Taylor misses Week 2, status will be updated Wednesday
    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:28:54 -0700

Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor (oblique, hip) did not play in the team's Week 2 game. Head coach Brad Childress said Taylor's status will be updated Wednesday, Sept. 17.

Vikings | Williamson injured Week 2
    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:20:40 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson (hamstring) missed the second half of the team's Week 2 game because of a hamstring spasm. Head coach Brad Childress said the injury is not considered serious and Williamson sat out as a precaution.

Vikings | T. Jackson’s status will be updated Wednesday
    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:17:22 -0700

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said QB Tarvaris Jackson (groin) is "beat up pretty good." Childress said Jackson's status will be updated Wednesday, Sept. 19.

Vikings | Jackson expected to have an MRI Monday
    Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:55:27 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (groin) is expected to have an MRI exam on his injured groin Monday, Sept. 17.

Vikings | Hicks injured Week 2
    Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:20:25 -0700

NFL.com reports Minnesota Vikings OG Artis Hicks (ankle) left the team's Week 2 game with an ankle injury. Hicks was replaced by OG Anthony Herrera before he returned.

Vikings | T. Jackson shaken up; ties team record
    Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:00:40 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson (leg) tied a team record with four interceptions during Week 2 versus the Detroit Lions in Week 2. He left the game during overtime, as the team's medical staff appeared to be looking at his left leg on the sideline.

Vikings | Peterson slowed in Week 2
    Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:59:40 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Detroit Lions were able to stack the line against Minnesota Vikings rookie RB Adrian Peterson during Week 1, as the Vikings struggled passing the ball. Peterson was limited to 66 yards rushing on 20 carries.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (17 Sept. 2007)

That damn groin injury will nag him all year.
    Hope it isn't a bad one.
    TJ needs to keep getting game time experience.

Of course I can see all the TJ haters and instant gratification guys out there jumping up and down hoping that Bollinger or Holcomb get a start.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The Associated Press reports the Detroit Lions were able to stack the line against Minnesota Vikings rookie RB Adrian Peterson during Week 1, as the Vikings struggled passing the ball. Peterson was limited to 66 yards rushing on 20 carries.
    For all you people who think we need to run and run and run, this is a telling stat. Teams are gonna stack the box against us all year and pretty much shut down the running game regardless of how good of blockers and runners we have. We absolutely have to have some sort of passing offense in order to take them out of this "stacking the box" mentally or it's going to be a very long season for the Vikes!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    For all you people who think we need to run and run and run, this is a telling stat. Teams are gonna stack the box against us all year and pretty much shut down the running game regardless of how good of blockers and runners we have. We absolutely have to have some sort of passing offense in order to take them out of this "stacking the box" mentally or it's going to be a very long season for the Vikes!
    Thanks COJO. I've been trying to convince a few on here of that very fact but they won't listen.

Throw in the fact that our OL might self destruct on any given Sunday and then the run goes out the window as well.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I hope that we can solve the passing game dilemna...we need to be more effective on O.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Thanks COJO. I've been trying to convince a few on here of that very fact but they won't listen.

Throw in the fact that our OL might self destruct on any given Sunday and then the run goes out the window as well.

;D
    All it takes is for AP to break one, possibility on any running play, for him to go easily over 100 yds.
    There are some clowns on here that say it doesn't count if most of the yards are from a breakaway run though.
    I can't wait until CT and AP are in the mix, deadly combo.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

;D
    All it takes is for AP to break one, possibility on any running play, for him to go easily over 100 yds.
    There are some clowns on here that say it doesn't count if most of the yards are from a breakaway run though.
    Hate to argue with you, and maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to say but for a runner to go over 100 yards means nothing if you can't put it into the endzone. Exactly how many times have the Vikes scored when in the "redzone" this year not counting field goals? We despertely need some sort of passing game to make this offense work.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

;D
    Hate to argue with you, and maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to say but for a runner to go over 100 yards means nothing if you can't put it into the endzone. Exactly how many times have the Vikes scored when in the "redzone" this year not counting field goals? We despertely need some sort of passing game to make this offense work.
    What I'm saying is last year there were some clowns on here trying to discredit CT's big game against Seattle because he had >100 yds and broke one.
    They said that it didn't 'count' because it was a long run.
    The idiocy of some fans is off the scale.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Gotta keep pounding the rock, but we must mix in the pass, especially when they stack the box. I hope Tarvaris is healthy enough to go this week. We really need him to play threw this tough stretch.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

;D
    What I'm saying is last year there were some clowns on here trying to discredit CT's big game against Seattle because he had >100 yds and broke one.
    They said that it didn't 'count' because it was a long run.
    The idiocy of some fans is off the scale.
    Unfortunately, we got away from the running game.
    Fact is we should have done more running.
    66 yards on 20 carries isn't that bad.
    Not great but it's 3.6 ypc.
    Remember MeMo was in at times too and had over 50 yards rushing with just 8 carries.
    6.2 ypc.
    Passing is what go the team in trouble (i.e. 4 INTs).
    We need to run the ball 30+/game and control the clock.
    I know 28 is close but IMO we passed too much.

I'm not saying to never pass but we definately need to use the run more than pass.
    Maybe a little play action wouldn't hurt.
    I don't remember seeing a lot of that Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast