Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings KFFL Tidbits (14 Feb. 2007)

KFFL
    Vikings | No talks with Scott
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:07:58 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report the Minnesota Vikings have not held substantive contract talks with DE Darrion Scott, who is scheduled to become a restricted free agent this year.

Vikings | Herrera to be tendered offer
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:06:46 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report Minnesota Vikings restricted free agent OL Anthony Herrera will be tendered a contract this year, which will allow the club to retain his rights for 2007, according to his agent, Cliff Speck.

Vikings | No talks with Johnson
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:57:00 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report the Minnesota Vikings have not held substantive contract talks with WR Bethel Johnson, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this year. Johnson appears poised to hit the open market.

Vikings | Kolodziej could return
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:56:46 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report Minnesota Vikings DT Ross Kolodziej could be a candidate to return to the club next season. Kolodziej is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this year.

Vikings | Williams could return
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:56:09 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report Minnesota Vikings S Tank Williams could be a candidate to return to the club next season. Williams is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this year.

Vikings | No talks with Taylor
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:54:25 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report the Minnesota Vikings have not held substantive contract talks with WR Travis Taylor, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this year. Taylor appears poised to hit the open market.

Vikings | No talks with Harris
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:53:59 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report the Minnesota Vikings have not held substantive contract talks with LB Napoleon Harris, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this year. Harris appears poised to hit the open market.

Vikings | B. Johnson likely gone
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:52:30 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report the Minnesota Vikings are expected to release veteran QB Brad Johnson this offseason. Johnson has a roster bonus due in March that the club might be unwilling to pay.

Vikings | Kleinsasser on chopping block?
    Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:39:32 -0800

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, report the Minnesota Vikings are evaluating whether to retain or release veteran TE Jim Kleinsasser this year. Kleinsasser, who only caught seven passes last season, is scheduled to make $2.9 million next season.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

Re: Vikings KFFL Tidbits (14 Feb. 2007)

I also read that the Vikes are going to release Fred Smoot in addition to Brad Johnson.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I understand most of them, but I was really expecting them to bring back Taylor and Johnson. I thought Bethel was a great return man and TT was our best receiver this year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am not surprised at all regarding TT.
    He was our most productive WR this year, but that is also liek saying he was the shiniest turd in the toilet.
    No big loss.
    I would like to keep Bethel though.

I am surprised that Herrera might be tendered an offer though.
    Did he even do anything this year?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I believe it's time for Jimmy K to go. His best days are behind him.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Bethel deserves another chance good return man and could also go out and catch a couple ball here and there, TT see ya is all I can say he got quite a few offensive pass interference call, and he was the reason that touchdown came back in that 49er game. Jimmy K he definetly should go. I dont get Herrera did he even play??.
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Herrera is for depth guys.. We arent signing him to a huge deal

One Love

dr.defi is offline Rookie

Bethel must be asking for way too much money, why else would we let him move on. He had great speed and never really folded on returns, he had guts.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I think by letting all of last years receivers (save for Williamson) go, Childress can claim that a lack of production next year is due to the receivers (once again) still learning his kickass offense.

Here's hoping we actually get someone worthwhile in free agency and the draft and aren't simply scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

We will have a bunch of releases this time around I believe..

Brad Johnson
    Fred Smoot
    Jim Kleinsasser
    Jermaine Wiggins

By them not offering contracts to Travis Taylor, Bethel Johnson, and Napo Harris, just tells me that they have other plans at those positions.. There is no denying that Chad Greenway will be coming back, I know that he hasn't proved himself just yet, but he will..

The Vikings should have at least looked at Bethel Johnson as our #3, or #4 WR, and our kickoff return man.. I guess they have better ideas for that role.. I am not surprised at all about Travis Taylor.. He was our best WR last season, but that is not saying very much.. Add that run in with the police early in the offseason, and we have our answer..

Kleinsasser's better days are far behind him.. He had 7 catches last season, that is hardly worth 2-3 million a year.. If all we are going to use him for is to block, then we are better off letting him go.. Tony Richardson is one hell of a blocker, and he is our starting FB..

Wiggins seems like he is not comfortable in this offense.. His receptions were down, he had many more dropped passes then he did in recent years.. His best bet is to be let go, and find a team where he will be utilized more.. Hate to see him go, but it seems like the most logical thing to do..

Brad Johnson is going to be gone for the obvious reasons.. He believes that he can still be a starter, I doubt that any team will even give him a chance to win the starters job in training camp..

Fred Smoot will be gone because of his lack of production.. He is a talker first, and a player second.. He is not worth the money he will make, especially when he lost his job to a rookie.. We will have depth with Devonte Edwards returning, so this is no big deal to me..

FA is pretty close now, I can't wait to see who we release, and who we pick up.. Then time for the most exciting part of the offseason, the Draft..