Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

thick skinned?? dont take offense to numbnuts then thats like a 4th grader saying cmon llet it go

Thanks josdin00

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Actually i did feel like I was being attacked, and I'm pretty thick skinned. I guess when people make condescending posts and call me a numbnuts it has that effect.

If we had receivers like Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Nate Burleson no one would even know who Carter is. But we dont, so we need to find the next CC, or Moss and we dont have them right now. Maybe Jason Carter could be, who knows.

Here is what I said:

An undrafted rookie that lights up 3-4 string defenders in the preseason, most of whom aren't even playing anymore, is what we need.
    He is good.
    If Tarvaris would start and Carter would be the #1 WR the Vikings would be a top 10 offense.
    Why is it so hard for all you numbnuts to understand?
    [size=1pt]I like to disregard the fact that the coaching staff has decades of experience at the NFL level and I'm a fan that eats potato chips and drinks beer.[/size]
    I was writing satirically saying that this is what I was supposedly thinking and I was jokingly calling anyone that doesn't believe in it a childish name.
    If you look at the context of the post the numbnuts comment was more directed at Del Rio than you because he didn't believe what I was saying.
    Furthermore, if you quote me you will see the fine print.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
    Onward.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Actually i did feel like I was being attacked, and I'm pretty thick skinned. I guess when people make condescending posts and call me a numbnuts it has that effect.

If we had receivers like Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Nate Burleson no one would even know who Carter is. But we dont, so we need to find the next CC, or Moss and we dont have them right now. Maybe Jason Carter could be, who knows.
    No one called you numbnuts. Do you understand that? It has been covered three times and if you are in doubt read his post again.

I can't feel bad for a guy who gets butt hurt over a name that WASN'T EVEN DIRECTED AT HIM.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.
    Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

Is your area of expertise WR's lol!

The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.
    An undrafted rookie that lights up 3-4 string defenders in the preseason, most of whom aren't even playing anymore, is what we need.
    He is good.
    If Tarvaris would start and Carter would be the #1 WR the Vikings would be a top 10 offense.
    [size=1pt]I like to disregard the fact that the coaching staff has decades of experience at the NFL level and I'm a fan that eats potato chips and drinks beer.[/size]

The problem is that he became a media darling. KFAN kept mentioning his name from the very beginning of camp, therefore some fans will start looking for him as well.

I just hope that our WR coach and the rest of them on the offensive staff has a better insight in who is cutting it in practice enough to make the team on sunday.

However if our recievers as a whole doesn't stop dropping balls soon, I'm going to start blaming WR coach Darrell Wyatt.

[size=2pt]And please someone stop this trend. It's getting tough to find out all the crap you guys write in these.[/size]

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Minnesota Vikings WR Jason Carter has cleared waivers and was re-signed to the team's practice squad.
    Not to change the subject from the numbnuts discussion, but I believe this says a ton about Carter's current abilities.

Del Rio Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.
    Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

Is your area of expertise WR's lol!

The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.
    He is good.

The problem is that he became a media darling. KFAN kept mentioning his name from the very beginning of camp, therefore some fans will start looking for him as well.

I just hope that our WR coach and the rest of them on the offensive staff has a better insight in who is cutting it in practice enough to make the team on sunday.

However if our recievers as a whole doesn't stop dropping balls soon, I'm going to start blaming WR coach Darrell Wyatt.

[size=2pt]And please someone stop this trend. It's getting tough to find out all the crap you guys write in these.[/size]
    Cogs as usual I think you nailed it. The media darling syndrome probably had a lot to do with it.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Ohhhkaaayy....

Not sure how this got turned into yet another "let's start Jason Carter" thread but I'm just going to let that one lie.

What I'm more interested in is this LB, Rod Davis from the Panthers. Childress is saying that he's hopeful that Napoleon Harris can start this week, but perhaps he'll be out a little longer? Either way, what do we know about Davis (he's not even listed on the NFL's player page)?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    Ohhhkaaayy....

Not sure how this got turned into yet another "let's start Jason Carter" thread but I'm just going to let that one lie.

What I'm more interested in is this LB, Rod Davis from the Panthers. Childress is saying that he's hopeful that Napoleon Harris can start this week, but perhaps he'll be out a little longer? Either way, what do we know about Davis (he's not even listed on the NFL's player page)?
    I was wondering the same thing this morning and haven't seen anything other than old articles on him...but I haven't looked too hard.
    That situation has me curious too.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

he was a viking since 2004 got cut this year now hes back really good special teams guy too

Thanks josdin00

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6238953685626218421&q=office+linebacker&hl=en

Here's another personnel link.
    After the numerous breakdowns in last weeks game, Vikings President Mark Wilf made a key acquisition from a large corporation name Felcher and Sons to clean up the Front Office.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast