Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

    Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.
    Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

    Is your area of expertise WR's lol! And before you ask no it is not mine, but your reasoning behind it is ironic. Childress took a look at a guy who never made it on our team and was let go, so he doesn't know about WR's I say put J.Carter in because I do lol! ;D

    The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.

  2. #12
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    "Del" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

    Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.
    Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

    Is your area of expertise WR's lol!

    The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.
    An undrafted rookie that lights up 3-4 string defenders in the preseason, most of whom aren't even playing anymore, is what we need.
    He is good.
    If Tarvaris would start and Carter would be the #1 WR the Vikings would be a top 10 offense.
    Why is it so hard for all you numbnuts to understand?
    [size=1pt]I like to disregard the fact that the coaching staff has decades of experience at the NFL level and I'm a fan that eats potato chips and drinks beer.[/size]

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #13
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    Wtf, you calling me a numbnuts? I made a jest post about certain peoples ego's and webby bans me for personal attacks. Go figure

    My point is this. Our receivers suck. They couldnt get open if their life depends on it. Either that or BJ cant find them. Would it be so terrible to sit McMuffin or Bethal this week and let Carter, who proved himself during preseasn, I dont care who was defending him, play? How can it be worse? Will he drop passes(twill) or fumble them Travis)? Why not give a good looking rookie a chance?

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Carter in the mix.
    FYI, I called everyone numbnuts and it was a joke.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Wtf, you calling me a numbnuts? I made a jest post about certain peoples ego's and webby bans me for personal attacks. Go figure

    My point is this. Our receivers suck. They couldnt get open if their life depends on it. Either that or BJ cant find them. Would it be so terrible to sit McMuffin or Bethal this week and let Carter, who proved himself during preseasn, I dont care who was defending him, play? How can it be worse? Will he drop passes(twill) or fumble them Travis)? Why not give a good looking rookie a chance?
    The guy that runs the teams seems to think yes it would be so terrible.

    I think he was calling all of us who do not understand that we would be a top ten offense if Tavaris and Carter would start numbnuts.

    Can you tell the difference between an all out personal attack and someone using satire? Worse yet he wasn't even calling you a numbnuts. If he had made a thread for the sole purpose of calling you out he would be on a T.O just like you, but most people refrain from that sort of shit.

  6. #16
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    If your point is, its Childress's decsion, well no shit. Imo, hes made some bad calls, and shouldnt be doing the play calling. I am hoping however he will play Carter one of these days. I really liked his play. The receivers need a spark that i think Carter could give it. I do not expect Childress to put in Carter, but I can hope cant I? Alot of rookies that play in the NFL havent seen more preseason then Carter has.

  7. #17
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    the recievers cant get open, that being said twill has good hands as long as its not a pass thrown over his shoulder, travis needs to find the out of bounds line when he catches it because he has great hands jus not while he's running, marcus is good in the redzone but yes he does get hurt too much maybe he should try mentoring some of these younger players while hes here,
    bethal johnson is actually impressing me with his hands i dont think ive seen him drop a pass, and he is veryyy fast if brad could get him the ball... mcmullen should jus go away,
    i think they need to give carter a chanve in the slot have him run across the middle and let him catch some balls, i dont know his speed but if he's fast maybe he can catch a deep ball too,, why not throw him in against the niners ?

    anyone think the coaches look at this site?

    Thanks josdin00

  8. #18
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    "tb04512" wrote:
    ...anyone think the coaches look at this site?
    I guarantee that some members think they do.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #19
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    If your point is, its Childress's decsion, well no pooh. Imo, hes made some bad calls, and shouldnt be doing the play calling. I am hoping however he will play Carter one of these days. I really liked his play. The receivers need a spark that i think Carter could give it. I do not expect Childress to put in Carter, but I can hope cant I? Alot of rookies that play in the NFL havent seen more preseason then Carter has.
    Your not wrong for having an opinion obviously I am just discussing it with you. When it comes to a football game there are just so many things we as fans do not think of. Maybe you do, but most do not. It could be something as little as Tavaris is having a hard time spitting out the calls clearly and efficiently, it could be he is not making his reads on time, it could be anything. Jason Carter, it could be he is breaking his routes too soon, maybe he sucks at running routes but can burn down the sidelines, maybe he doesn't block. My only point is with the complexity of the position and the myriad of things that the QB is responsible for or a WR is responsible for I am going to go with the guy who is evaluating everything.

    It is not enough for me to just throw a guy out there because he had 4 deep balls caught in pre-season. Lots of stuff goes into the game. If all he could do was catch deep passes he isn't worth a roster spot, can he block, can he curl, can he post? We don't know. Childress probably does.

    That's all I'm saying. I can't say anyone is wrong for wanting to see someone get in who they think is going to be good I can just discuss it. So please do not feel I am attacking you.

  10. #20
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.

    Actually i did feel like I was being attacked, and I'm pretty thick skinned. I guess when people make condescending posts and call me a numbnuts it has that effect.

    If we had receivers like Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Nate Burleson no one would even know who Carter is. But we dont, so we need to find the next CC, or Moss and we dont have them right now. Maybe Jason Carter could be, who knows.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings KFFL tidbits (22 Dec. 2006)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 06:57 PM
  2. Vikings KFFL tidbits (17 Dec. 2006)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 12:04 PM
  3. Vikings KFFL tidbits (14 Dec. 2006)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 07:24 PM
  4. Vikings KFFL tidbits (23-24 Nov. 2006)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 05:47 PM
  5. Vikings KFFL Tidbits (10 Nov. 2006)
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 03:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •