Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

For Vikings, Jackson’s the man

[size=13pt]For Vikings, Favre trade means Jackson’s the man[/size]

Monday, August 11, 2008

Posted by Mike Schoemer
    realfootball365.com

It had to be wearing on him.

No. 7 said and did all the right things during the offseason.

After all, with the additions made in the offseason, Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson was about to become arguably the most scrutinized player in the NFL's NFC

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: For Vikings, Favre trade means Jackson’s the man

no sh*t sherlock...

I mean seriously.... I don't think that guy said anything my 3 year old cousin didn't know already.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

Monday, August 11, 2008

Posted by Mike Schoemer
    realfootball365.com

After all, with the additions made in the offseason, Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson was about to become arguably the most scrutinized player in the NFL's NFC
    Talk about your "filler" piece.
    Way to try and make a story out of nothing.
    Here's an idea for this guys next story, "Football players drafted by the Vikings will be wearing purple this season".

Does he (the author, Mike Schoemer) REALLY think that Jackson still won't be the most scrutinized player in the NFCN?
    How has Favre's trade to the Jets altered the questions about Jackson?
    How has Favre's departure to New York made Tarvaris more ready to play?

It hasn't.

Come September 8th, we will ALL be watching Jackson and gathering the information we need to truthfully answer the questions we've ALL been asking.
    By October, we will have a pretty good idea of what we have.
    Favre has nothing to do with any of that.

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Monday, August 11, 2008

Posted by Mike Schoemer
    realfootball365.com

Here's an idea for this guys next story, "Football players drafted by the Vikings will be wearing purple this season".

Does he (the author, Mike Schoemer) REALLY think that Jackson still won't be the most scrutinized player in the NFCN?

It hasn't.

Come September 8th, we will ALL be watching Jackson and gathering the information we need to truthfully answer the questions we've ALL been asking.

Caine
    I think the most scrutinized QB in the NFC norris will be Rodgers. Especially with Farve still in the league.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend, however, this guy is a yutz.

On a side note:

In Minnesota, the expectations were sky high. And the only remaining question that really matters was: Can Jackson lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl?
    Vikings and SB again in one sentence.
    Wonder why that is?
    Sometimes it just mystifies me that people still question personnel moves in just one area but are happy with all the other moves.

Even though I would have had something different at QB when TJ was drafted, I have come to the realization that the FO knows a hell of alot more about player evaluations than I do as they have done a nice job drafting and bringing in FA were they are needed.

If that is in fact the case and the FO has given us the right talent at each position (with decent depth) then maybe, just maybe the FO knows what the hell they are doing in the area of QB as well.

I still say SB is out of the question this year.
    Way to many question marks and not just at QB my friends.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

The fact that there has been significant talks abluut bringing in other QB's, and not just back-ups people with te potetial to start, has to say something that there is some doubts that are out there about him being the guy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    The fact that there has been significant talks abluut bringing in other QB's, and not just back-ups people with te potetial to start, has to say something that there is some doubts that are out there about him being the guy.
    I hear ya my friend, however, what talks, what QB's?
    You can't mean Lord Favreeeee do you?

Seems to me the only cat that we can actually prove they tried to get was Sage and I believe he was targeted before they brought in Gus.
    Seems to me that equates to a backup QB with the potential to win us a few games if TJ got hurt.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

but they know as well as you and I do, that Sage has played this year, and played fairly well.
    They know that if they bring him in as a backup, he would challenge TJ at the starting position.
    Whether he wins or not, its impossible to say, but they wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick for a backup qb who doesn't fill your description of "veteran backup" that we badly needed.
    If Sage came here, I have no doubt that there would be a qb controversy.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Monday, August 11, 2008

Posted by Mike Schoemer
    realfootball365.com

It hasn't.

Caine
    I agree with some of what you wrote.
    I'm not convinced that we'll know by October, this is Tarvaris' second year as the starter.
    I am still expecting him to be inconsistent, with more periods of consistency compared to inconsistency when compared to last year.
    Now, if this is 2009 after two years of being a starter I would tend to agree with you more.
    TJack just has to play with his head out of his ass and manage the game well.
    It appears to me that he has more potential than the Trent Dilfers of the world, so, if he learns to manage the game well and continues to hone in and develop his natural talents and continues to have a good attitude he could end up being the man.
    It's good to have Frerrotte in the shadows instead of Bollinger and Booty in the shadows developing his skills as a backup plan.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I
    was watching the NFLN, and I think it was Jaimie Dukes that said, all the Vikings need, is for a quarterback to play just better than average, and they could go deep in the playoffs.
    And truer words have never been said.
    All we need is a Trent Dilfer-esque year from him this year, and next year he builds on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast