Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings to Interview Ted Cottrel for the Headcoaching Job.

bbq.. like that <shudders> thing..
    i'll go ahead and take credit for that..
    the shudders also goes with denny green <shudders>

why not get him back!!
    oh, sorry, i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.. just thinking about it-... oh, excuse me, i have to go vomit
    i m better than you, so just give up...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"K-Rob18" wrote:
    Are You Crazy? This was a serious interview. Cortell knows the players and they know him. He know what they can do and our defence was much improved this year. I dont really like Cortell but he is better than Fassel.
    Huh?

My left shoe could do a better coaching job than Ted!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings to Interview Ted Cottrel for the Headcoaching Jo

From the Pioneer Press

Posted on Wed, Jan. 04, 2006

[size=18px]Cottrell interviews for Vikings' job; team meets with Caldwell[/size]

JON KRAWCZYNSKI
    Associated Pr
    ess

MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings continued their search for a new head coach on Wednesday, interviewing defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell.
    Cottrell is the architect of a big-play defense that became the team's strength over the second half of the season, leading the Vikings to a 7-2 finish after a 2-5 start.

"Ted's a serious candidate," his agent, Joe Linta, said Wednesday night. "It's a real possibility he could get this."

The affable Cottrell has coached in the NFL for 22 seasons but has never been a head coach. He has been the defensive coordinator for the Vikings for the past two seasons, and has received votes of support from several players on the team, including cornerback Antoine Winfield and Pro Bowl safety Darren Sharper.

Linta said his client spent several hours interviewing with owner Zygi Wilf and others and was "very happy with how they conducted the interview and very impressed with how committed they are to fixing the problems that went on there this season."

The Vikings, who have been tightlipped about the interview process and aren't commenting publicly, have also interviewed Philadelphia offensive coordinator Brad Childress and Kansas City offensive coordinator Al Saunders as potential replacements for Mike Tice. Vikings representatives also met with Colts assistant head coach Jim Caldwell on Wednesday in Indianapolis.

Wilf has said he wants to make a decision quickly to avoid losing a coveted candidate to one of the seven other teams looking for coaches.
    The competition is heating up.

Childress flew to Green Bay on Wednesday to interview with the Packers, and Saunders is considered a candidate for other openings, including replacing the retired Dick Vermeil as head of the Chiefs.

The Vikings also have several other candidates on the radar, including New York Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.

Ron Rivera, the defensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears, has also been mentioned as a possibility. He said Wednesday that he has a meeting scheduled with St. Louis and has been contacted by other teams, but would not name them.

Washington defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was considered a top candidate before he signed a three-year deal worth nearly $8 million to remain with the Redskins, a record contract for an NFL assistant.

Wilf has other needs as well. The Vikings want to hire football boss to oversee personnel and act as a general manager, working alongside salary cap guru and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

Philadelphia's Tom Heckert was believed to be at the top of that list, but Heckert re-signed with the Eagles earlier this week, making the coaching opening a bigger priority.

If Cottrell doesn't get the job, he will surely be a candidate for several defensive coordinator openings throughout the league.

"He feels like he's put in his time and he's very flattered that they brought him in to be considered," Linta said.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Can you imagine how thick & complicated his playbook will be if he has total control.

Like the Twin Cities Phone book probably.

The defense didn't grasp his current one until Tice tore some pages out of it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

who wants any of these clowns if we can get parcells?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I seriously doubt that would happen though.
    ;-)

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Dear god...I dont know what imma do if he signs with us.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Cottrell interviews with team
    Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:46:47 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings interviewed defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell Wednesday, Jan. 4. "Ted's a serious candidate," his agent, Joe Linta, said Wednesday night. "It's a real possibility he could get this." Linta said his client spent several hours interviewing with owner Zygi Wilf and others and was "very happy with how they conducted the interview and very impressed with how committed they are to fixing the problems that went on there this season."

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213