Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Re: Vikings to Interview Ted Cottrel for the Headcoaching Jo

Please God no!! Not cotrell. We need a coach that can get all phases of the ball to play consistant football. What we need:#1 OC that has some creativity and football savy to exploit the talent we do have even if we don't have Moss to save our butts. #2 DC that can get the best talent on paper to play a consistant aggresive game and be accountable for poor play. #3 HC that ensures OC and DC are accountable for good game plans and making changes in game when things go wrong. We have had talent throughout Tice's carreer as coach and never had the leadership to take that talent to the next level. We don't need a players coach we need Coaches players. What I mean is we need players that play every down like its thier last because the believe in the scheme and the coach. With Cotrell we would just have the same thing we have now, a group of over paid men that play to medocrity and smile and joke and say all the politically correct garbage on how they will play better next game or we need to correct a few things. Well Wilf seen we need to correct a few things now I just hope he brings the right man in for the job and takes no crap from medocrity. IMHO....

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings to Interview Ted Cottrel for the Headcoaching Job.

most of us want cotrell to be fired as well dont we? he needs to go.

i say we try to bring in a college guy to help out as assitant coach and then find someone for the defensive and head coaching spots.
    We're bringing purple back.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I dont want cottrell to be our DC let alone our HC! Coordinators are gettin signed across the board, the Vikings need to move fast. I really want Chicagos DC Ron Rivera.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't see the logic in having Ted be our H.C and firing Tice.. Wow Zygi needs to hook me up with some of the buds he been smokin

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

haha same here Vikez....I think thier just doin it so they can say they interviewed a African American.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yah tru dat man.. I hope thats the case.. Cuz that would be fuggin BS if we did this!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"napo58" wrote:
    Newman and Cowart and Chavous are all going to be gone next year. Their will be no Cottrell and our team will get upgrades over these guys. Ron Rivera or Greg Williams, but we must get a defensive mind as coach. Greg Williams defense is awesome but he clearly doesnt have as much as talent as we do in the defensive line.
    Newman better not be gone! He is a beast, a stud, and the epitome of the Viking spirit!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    NO NOT COTRELL. He needs to GO. I think this may just be so that we can meet the guidelines of interviewing a black head coach. Other than that i have no idea why we would ever do that.

Also... Is the heckert thing true? That would be really cool. I also like that zygi wants a new HC by the end of this month. He wants to do thing quickly so that we can continue with building the team.
    I'm not really understanding why Cotrell wasn't fired also????????
    Waiting for a new HC to make that decision for them. I have a bad feeling that Cotrell is staying and Loney will be replaced by someone new. Cotrell gets one more year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:

...... isn't bashing Zygi...he's simply stating what a LOT of us are stating, that the decision isn't a popular one, and that the manner in which it was handled was poor.

Of course, it's perfectly fine for the Anti-Tice faction to blast away at Tice (And us for backing him) and toast Zygi, but those of us on the other side can't voice our concerns?

And, does having concerns mean we don't like Zygi? Not the last time I checked. It just means that we saw some things that we hope are the exception and not the rule. I, personally, saw a couple of things that made me take a step back...doesn't mean I don't support Zygi in the overall scheme of things, or that I'm suddenly not a Viking fan (That's a pre-emptive response to anyone stupid enough to start slinging that accusation around...just wait, someone will sooner or later).

We were critical of the Moss trade (I still am), but that doesn't mean that we stopped supporting our team.

Zygi is a million times better than Red *Sheep are people too!!!* McCombs ever THOUGHT of being. I guess we just expected him to handle this differently.

Caine
    I have no problem with posting one's opinions.

But here is my dose of reality.....(I was guilty of it with the Moss trade)....complaining about it and one person( I may be the pot calling the kettle black cause I find myself posting right back) posting over and over again the same exact theme does as much good as me chanting.........

BRING BACK DENNY!

Bring BACK Green!

Bring Back DENNY!

I don't find it necessary to have to blast Tice his own work speaks for itself. I don't see one person saying Tice did this and this and this to make him the best possible coach out there for us. I see people scare of what the future might bring.

I do think that there are few people that are taking this firing of Tice on a personal level where the Moss trade I actually thought that was a detriment to the team. With Red, when Moss was traded, I think we all knew what he was doing to the team. Maybe we didn't want to contiously understand it, but we did in the back of our minds. But with Wilf, he is just starting his tenure here and I am going to support him and give him the bennefit of the doubt or a free pass to rid this team of mediocracy. It would have been different if Tice would have won the Division the first 2 seasons he took over or even the last 2, or even one time.

It is unfortunate that he had all the injuries this season but that is the way the football bounces. He should have done better that last few years.

Back on topic, I don't see Cotrell as having been any more consistant of a coach to make him deserving of the job. It would be more of a token interview, that is just my opinion.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:
    Newman and Cowart and Chavous are all going to be gone next year. Their will be no Cottrell and our team will get upgrades over these guys. Ron Rivera or Greg Williams, but we must get a defensive mind as coach. Greg Williams defense is awesome but he clearly doesnt have as much as talent as we do in the defensive line.
    Newman better not be gone! He is a beast, a stud, and the epitome of the Viking spirit!

Could not agree more Newman was playing great until he got injured and I would like to see him back again next year! Cowart played good at times but if he is not back it would not break my heart. The LB that needs to be worried about his future is D-Thomas, he did not have a good year again and next year is make or brake forhim.

Also Kenechi it's a make or brake year for him too!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast