Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    He surely isn't a starter. If he was, the Lions wouldn't have had to bring in other talent. (Wink Wink).
    Obviously. I still think he will be on the squad.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I can agree with you to a point, especially on the "Situational" comment, however, if you look at everything this staff has tried to do when it comes to players, they try to bring in cats that aren't one dimensional.

They look for players that can play multiple positions within their position and tend to stay away from "Situational" guys.
    Yet Allen only plays on the right. It irks me to no avail. Why not just tell the offense where to send the blocking help.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings Interested in Lawrence Jackson?

Good point. I seem to remember him jumping from RDE to LDE a bit when he played for KC. He hasn't moved much at all since he got here. I would like to see him play on the left more often and let the other guys slide to the right.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Yet Allen only plays on the right. It irks me to no avail. Why not just tell the offense where to send the blocking help.
    That doesn't make much sense.

Are you trying to say that if JA lined up at any other position on the DL, the offense would be confuse & not know where to send the blocking help?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Obviously. I still think he will be on the squad.
    That I will agree with you on. But I think he will have to beat out Reed to get that spot. I'm looking for good things out of D'Aundre this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He rotated last year from RDE to LDE. Not as much as you would like, but he did.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That doesn't make much sense.

Are you trying to say that if JA lined up at any other position on the DL, the offense would be confuse & not know where to send the blocking help?
    They would, thats why teams rotate their DLmen not only from one spot to the other, but actual DLmen for DLmen.

Why do you think they do it? So they can keep their pay down?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    They would, thats why teams rotate their DLmen not only from one spot to the other, but actual DLmen for DLmen.

Why do you think they do it? So they can keep their pay down?
    I know why they do it, but do you think the offense doesn't adjust their extra help to counter the move or are you trying to say that when the defense adjusts the offense doesn't do shit about it?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I know why they do it, but do you think the offense doesn't adjust their extra help to counter the move or are you trying to say that when the defense adjusts the offense doesn't do shit about it?
    Of course they adjust. They goal is to catch them in an adjustment that gives us the best matchup.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234