Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Looks like we got him

Lawrence Jackson tweets hes heading to Minnesota | ProFootballTalk

So, with all this activity might we be setting things up for a big trade of our existing DL players to mive back up and snag a MLB?

Who would it be?

JA?
    BR?
    EG?
    KW?

Lots of possibilities.
    I said the other day that the "restructuring" of K-dubbs contract made him tradeable but I don't think that is going to happen.

I am of a mind now, that we will use part of the limited CAP we have available to grab a vet. I did a thing on Dansby a couple weeks ago. Seems to be catching on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Not sure why we would bring in a starting DE when we have Griffen who could be starting (hopefully for us) with 4 other DE's on the roster. Two of which are JA & Robison. I think we could have traded one & still been OK with 4.

This smells of JA, Robison or Griffen being dealt.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Not sure why we would bring in a starting DE when we have Griffen who could be starting (hopefully for us) with 4 other DE's on the roster. Two of which are JA & Robison. I think we could have traded one & still been OK with 4.

I wouldn't classify him as a "Starting" DE. If he was that good the Lions wouldn't have been looking to upgrade.

My guess, camp body that will eat up alot of reps to keep the old dude (JA) fresh.

Lawrence Jackson - Minnesota Vikings - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm definitely smelling a trade too. Brian Robinson for a third round pick this year. Use the third round pick to draft MLB Kiko Alonso or John Bostic. (Sorry Robinson, I've always liked you and you're a great edge-rusher, but someone has to go)

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    I'm definitely smelling a trade too. Brian Robinson for a third round pick this year. Use the third round pick to draft MLB Kiko Alonso or John Bostic. (Sorry Robinson, I've always liked you and you're a great edge-rusher, but someone has to go)
    Why is everyone so intent on trading away what is one of our strengths.

In the end, this cat isn't that good. He is definately not good enough to take Rob, Griffs or JA's spot on the roster. Thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    My guess is they are looking to move up into the 2nd to take T'eo or another one of the top MLB's. That is our only other glaring big need this year.

My guess is they are looking to move up into the 2nd to take T'eo or another one of the top MLB's. That is our only other glaring big need this year.
    I don't doubt that they want Teo and the original plan was to take him and Patterson last night.

Problem is, two very fine players slipped to us and thats when the BPA comes in. In the end we could have taken Teo and Patterson and still landed a DT and CB in the 2nd and 3rd but I think the path they took (even though we are without a MLB) makes our team twice as good if they followed the original plan.

I just don't think its worth trying to get rid of one of our strengths to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I don't doubt that they want Teo and the original plan was to take him and Patterson last night.

Problem is, two very fine players slipped to us and thats when the BPA comes in. In the end we could have taken Teo and Patterson and still landed a DT and CB in the 2nd and 3rd but I think the path they took (even though we are without a MLB) makes our team twice as good if they followed the original plan.

I just don't think its worth trying to get rid of one of our strengths to get him.
    Then why bring in another DE when you already have 3 legit starters at DE plus two additional DE as backup?

If they were going to sign another FA to fill a need, one would think that would be MLB.

Why also sign him after round 1 of the draft & only hours before the start of round 2 after not getting one of the MLB's they coveted because two other "gifts" fell into our lap at those two spots?

I think Spielman is going "all in" on this years draft & it wouldn't surprise me one iota if they trade one of our top DE's to move up into the early 2nd & free up some cap space as well.

Both Robison & JA are FA's at the end of the year & give us trade value now with Griffen being able to start in their place. Especially with the addition of your new war pig.

Then why bring in another DE when you already have 3 legit starters at DE plus two additional DE as backup?

If they were going to sign another FA to fill a need, one would think that would be MLB.

Why also sign him after round 1 of the draft & only hours before the start of round 2 after not getting one of the MLB's they coveted because two other "gifts" fell into our lap at those two spots?

I think Spielman is going "all in" on this years draft & it wouldn't surprise me one iota if they trade one of our top DE's to move up into the early 2nd & free up some cap space as well.

Both Robison & JA are FA's at the end of the year & give us trade value now with Griffen being able to start in their place. Especially with the addition of your new war pig.
    As I said....camp body. Nothing more, nothing less.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Why is everyone so intent on trading away what is one of our strengths.

In the end, this cat isn't that good. He is definately not good enough to take Rob, Griffs or JA's spot on the roster. Thats for sure.
    I didn't think we would trade any defensive ends this year, but signing another good DE kinda makes the impression that the Vikings are looking for a trade. And if that's the case than Robinson is the odd man out in my opinion (even though I'd hate to let him go).

Having a premier MLB is better than having none. Griffin can be a starter. I'm very impressed with his development. As a matter of fact, I believe he can be BETTER than Robinson at this point.

What would you rather have:
    A young good starter at MLB and a young good starter at right end
    or
    A very questionable MLB situation and a 30 year old good starter at right end
    (Robinson and Griffin are about equal at this point in my opinion)
    Last edited by HEY; 04-26-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast