Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Like the article says, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a rumor being spread by his agent.
    Agreed.

The Vikings have been very clear about the direction they want to go in FA - young players, most likely off their rookie contract, who show potential but aren't quite there. Felton is a prime example of the kind of FA they are looking for... even if it means going through a few Simpsons and Carlsons to get there.

Given the fact that WR is such a pressing need for the Vikings, I could see them bending the form a bit to sign someone, but Driver is so far out of the mold that he simply isn't a consideration.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    I'd rather have someone who is actually on the field playing football, not constantly injured on the sideline.

Ming Dynasty vases are fragile. It was REALLY funny... trust me.
    You cover up just a small portion of an O and you're left with a C. Clever disguise, Mac. Or should I say ... Mao?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    To be a Vikings fan... sigh

Probably just a rumor but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Our FO is completely inept at evaluating WR talent... except for Harvin, who is a whiny brat.
    How do you figure Harvin is a whiny brat? Is it because he is way underpaid for what he brings to the team? Has Harvin ever came out and whined like a brat to the media? Or are you assuming this because he got into it with the coach during the Seahawks game?

I do not blame Harvin one bit for being upset with our quarterback play. I also don't blame him for not coming back this season and risking further injury to himself. The man only wants to be paid what he is worth so how can you blame him?

Would you return kicks, run between the tackles and run any route you are asked to when you are getting paid a gunners wage? Sure he was going to hold out last season but did he? NO.

Maybe it is just me, but I cannot stand when people talk out of their ass about Harvin.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I have been one of the loudest advocates of adding WR's, but I don't think either one of these is the right move.

Driver is too old - he's done. He's had a great career, it's time to move on.

Jennings will cost too much.

'nuff said.

Caine

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    This is the wrong Packer
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Driver believes he has another 3 years in him but doesn't know if he wants to end his career with another team. I don't see it happening, bet he retires.

But if it's true that the Vikings are actually interested, I don't see why. They have become a "young" team, why go back to the washed up route?

But would I be surprised? No.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Oh my god DO NOT sign that guy. I we want an old washed up WR go get Moss again. Geez.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I hear TO is still a free agent

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Yuck!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Agreed.

The Vikings have been very clear about the direction they want to go in FA - young players, most likely off their rookie contract, who show potential but aren't quite there. Felton is a prime example of the kind of FA they are looking for... even if it means going through a few Simpsons and Carlsons to get there.

Given the fact that WR is such a pressing need for the Vikings, I could see them bending the form a bit to sign someone, but Driver is so far out of the mold that he simply isn't a consideration.
    I don't mind them going thru a few Simpson's to get where they're going, but we can ill-afford to go thru any more Carlson's. We don't need to throw a ton of money at a low end player to replace or compliment another player on our roster who is highly talented.

We never needed Carlson at all & would have been far better off keeping Shiancoe for the kind of money NE payed him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast