Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    Will we have a new starting QB next year? The "Viking Insider" isn't sure because there are mixed signals coming from Brad Childress; but, given the options, Tarvaris Jackson's status seems clear.

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12900776.html

    Reading the tea leaves advanced from sport to an art form last week at Winter Park. At times, the Vikings seemed sold on quarterback Tarvaris Jackson as their 2008 starter. At other moments, they expressed enough ambivalence that a change could not be ruled out.

    On Monday, a day after Jackson threw two interceptions in a 32-21 loss to Washington, coach Brad Childress used the word "decent" to describe Jackson's decision-making, making clear that 14 turnovers in 11 starts is too high of a number. While also citing some "very, very good throws," along with Jackson's 8-3 record this season, Childress said he planned to lead an offseason discussion with the coaching staff and personnel department before making a decision.

    Meanwhile, during his weekly appearance Thursday on KFAN-1130, Childress provided two potentially revealing answers to call-in questions...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    They've been reading PPO again for thier material.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    I don't agree that they don't think that there could be better back-ups for both Holcomb and Bollinger who both havn't been all that good in their respective games...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I don't agree that they don't think that there could be better back-ups for both Holcomb and Bollinger who both havn't been all that good in their respective games...
    I'm not so sure there is my friend.
    Remember, the state of QB in the NFL is pretty sorry when you get past say (I am being very gracious here) the top 25 or QB's that are starting and quickly goes down hill from there.

    QB Kyle Boller UFA Baltimore Ravens

    QB Marc Bulger UFA St. Louis Rams

    QB Todd Collins UFA Washington Redskins

    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick RFA Cincinnati Bengals

    QB Rex Grossman UFA Chicago Bears

    QB Drew Henson UFA Minnesota Vikings

    QB Cleo Lemon UFA Miami Dolphins

    QB Jared Lorenzen UFA New York Giants

    QB Jamie Martin UFA New Orleans Saints

    QB Josh McCown UFA Oakland Raiders

    QB Craig Ochs RFA Buffalo Bills

    QB Dan Orlovsky RFA Detroit Lions

    QB Brian St. Pierre UFA Pittsburgh Steelers

    QB Seneca Wallace UFA Seattle Seahawks


    This is the link I use for FA research lately.
    It has some flaws I.e it still had Romo and Sorgi on it.

    http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=QB&y=2008
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    I would rather have senaca wallace
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    "purplepowered" wrote:
    I would rather have senaca wallace
    Not slamming you my friend but that just amplifies how sad the QB state is in the NFL when someone can say "I would rather have Senaca Wallace".
    ;D

    By the way, I would put him on the roster in place of KH but maybe not BB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I don't agree that they don't think that there could be better back-ups for both Holcomb and Bollinger who both havn't been all that good in their respective games...
    I'm not so sure there is my friend.
    Remember, the state of QB in the NFL is pretty sorry when you get past say (I am being very gracious here) the top 25 or QB's that are starting and quickly goes down hill from there.

    QB Kyle Boller UFA Baltimore Ravens

    QB Marc Bulger UFA St. Louis Rams

    QB Todd Collins UFA Washington Redskins

    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick RFA Cincinnati Bengals

    QB Rex Grossman UFA Chicago Bears

    QB Drew Henson UFA Minnesota Vikings

    QB Cleo Lemon UFA Miami Dolphins

    QB Jared Lorenzen UFA New York Giants

    QB Jamie Martin UFA New Orleans Saints

    QB Josh McCown UFA Oakland Raiders

    QB Craig Ochs RFA Buffalo Bills

    QB Dan Orlovsky RFA Detroit Lions

    QB Brian St. Pierre UFA Pittsburgh Steelers

    QB Seneca Wallace UFA Seattle Seahawks


    This is the link I use for FA research lately.
    It has some flaws I.e it still had Romo and Sorgi on it.

    http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=QB&y=2008
    After Anderson and McNabb, however, the list drops to a group that arguably won't provide an upgrade over Jackson. Chad Pennington could get released by the New York Jets. Atlanta's new coach might not want Byron Leftwich. Josh McCown will be available. So will Rex Grossman and Quinn Gray.
    If these players arn't an upgrade over Holcomb or Bollinger...
    They say, over T-jack but if Childress still wants him to start they would be excellent players to compete for the #1 Job
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I don't agree that they don't think that there could be better back-ups for both Holcomb and Bollinger who both havn't been all that good in their respective games...
    I'm not so sure there is my friend.
    Remember, the state of QB in the NFL is pretty sorry when you get past say (I am being very gracious here) the top 25 or QB's that are starting and quickly goes down hill from there.

    QB Kyle Boller UFA Baltimore Ravens


    QB Marc Bulger UFA St. Louis Rams


    QB Todd Collins UFA Washington Redskins


    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick RFA Cincinnati Bengals


    QB Rex Grossman UFA Chicago Bears


    QB Drew Henson UFA Minnesota Vikings


    QB Cleo Lemon UFA Miami Dolphins


    QB Jared Lorenzen UFA New York Giants


    QB Jamie Martin UFA New Orleans Saints


    QB Josh McCown UFA Oakland Raiders


    QB Craig Ochs RFA Buffalo Bills


    QB Dan Orlovsky RFA Detroit Lions


    QB Brian St. Pierre UFA Pittsburgh Steelers


    QB Seneca Wallace UFA Seattle Seahawks



    This is the link I use for FA research lately.
    It has some flaws I.e it still had Romo and Sorgi on it.

    http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=QB&y=2008
    After Anderson and McNabb, however, the list drops to a group that arguably won't provide an upgrade over Jackson. Chad Pennington could get released by the New York Jets. Atlanta's new coach might not want Byron Leftwich. Josh McCown will be available. So will Rex Grossman and Quinn Gray.
    If these players arn't an upgrade over Holcomb or Bollinger...
    They say, over T-jack but if Childress still wants him to start they would be excellent players to compete for the #1 Job
    The list I provided are actual FA's that won't cost anything in picks and would only cost us the contract to get them in to compete.

    I'm with ya on Anderson and McNabb but I am not so sure the staff (and not just the Chiller) will give up the picks to go get one of them as they aren't UFA.
    McNabb is still under contract and DA is a RFA the last time I looked.

    Based on some of the articles about the Chillers actual thoughts on TJ I am not so sure he isn't lobbying for the staff to go out and get someone of McNabbs experience and skills however, for that to happen other people on the staff need to support that effort
    I.e the Owner, Spielman, Studwell, Bryzcheapski and of course our HC.

    We might see several of them during OTA's though this year.
    It will be interesting to see how this all washes out.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    All i can say that i was very disapointed by our Qb play while TJ was out..
    i know you are worried about him staying healthy so i think it's an area to be fixed.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  10. #10
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikings Insider: Quarterback question has an answer

    I would love to see Boller here as a back up.
    He has done somewhat well, but nothing spectacular when he has been given the chance to start or play. But would make a very good #2 QB for the any team. Bulger, if this had been a year or two ago I would be all for it. But he has had way to many injuries. So I woud say no,plus I don't see the Rams letting him go.
    Cleo
    Lemon? what is funny is that when you look at his stats compaired to T-Jokes the are pretty much equal Cleo has much less to work with on a 1-14 team while the Vikes are 8-7, and peopel still want to argue that he ahs had a great season, and he is the QB of the future? If that is the case then we should pick up Cleo Lemon, he has played just as well on a far worse team than what we have so he should have more potential right? And he has played in 3 less games.


    Cleo Lemon played in 8 games

    Passing


    CMP ATT YDS CMP% TD INT
    RAT









    159 288 1650 55.2

    5
    6

    69.1

    Rushing


    ATT YDS AVG TD









    28
    95
    3.4
    4






    Tarvaris Jackson played in 11 games










    Passing


    CMP ATT YDS CMP% TD INT RAT









    155 263 1736 58.9
    7
    12 68.6

    Rushing


    ATT YDS AVG TD









    50 224
    4.5
    3




Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The answer to the question no one is asking?
    By Mike Bullock in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Vikings - You ask and I try to answer
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
  3. Quick Fantasy Question, answer ASAP thanks
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 02:13 AM
  4. answer: minnesota vikings
    By TheAnimal93 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
  5. Question for anyone with an answer ???????
    By 69vikefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2002, 11:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •