Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Vikings Injury Report (19 September 2005)

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    September 19, 2005 14:34:41 PT

CURRENT UPDATES

OFFENSE
    -- QB Daunte Culpepper (finger) suffered a jammed finger on his throwing hand in Week 2, but said he would fine for Week 3.
    -- WR Nate Burleson (knee) suffered a mild knee strain during Week 2, according to head coach Mike Tice, who would not rule out Burleson from participating in Week 3.

DEFENSE
    -- LB E.J. Henderson (ankle) suffered a high ankle sprain during Week 2, but remained in the game. "He can hardly walk," head coach Mike Tice said. "But he finished the game and played extremely well through the course of the game and on special teams. Today he looks a little iffy for Wednesday (Sept. 21) at least." Henderson was wearing a boot due to the injury following the game.
    -- LB Sam Cowart (calf) is anxious to return to practice Wednesday, Sept. 21, after being deactivated during Week 2 with a calf injury. "Hopefully I'll be at full speed," Cowart said. "You just have to gauge it. The main thing is, there will be some pain, but after today and tomorrow I should be comfortable mentally."
    -- S Darren Sharper (knee) suffered a mild knee strain during Week 2, according to head coach Mike Tice, who would not rule out Sharper from participating in Week 3.
    -- CB Antoine Winfield (foot) left the team's Week 2 game with a foot injury. There has been no further update on his condition.

NOTES AND MISCELLANEOUS UPDATES
    -- 9/19 -- Head coach Mike Tice said WR Koren Robinson could play a role on offense in Week 3 now that WR Nate Burleson (knee) is hampered by a knee injury. "I think we can speculate he'll have some type of role," Tice said. "That role will be based on how quickly he can pick things up this week." Robinson will also likely see reps in practice at punt and kickoff returner this week. ... Tice became more involved in the play calling late during Week 2. Offensive coordinator Steve Loney said the team needs to go back to the drawing board and get players open quicker to get some rhythm.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Injury Report (19 September 2005)

Winfield has blisters on his feet, apparently they are very bad and keep breaking open.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Injury Report (19 September 2005)

thats too many injuries. not good.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Injury Bug

This hurts...

Vikings: Burleson unlikely to play

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Tuesday, September 20, 2005

News
    Vikings wide receiver Nate Burleson probably won't play in week three against the Saints because of his injured left knee. MRI results showed Burleson has a sprained posterior cruciate ligament in the knee. "Right now, the trainers and doctors say, 'Don't put a timetable on it; let's just focus on the rehab,'" Burleson told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "Once we do that, I know when I come back I'll be 100 percent."

Views
    This is unfortunate timing for the Vikings since they are in such dire straights right now. It's also bad for fantasy owners who have struggled with Burleson for two weeks, but were looking forward to week three since Nate scorched the Saints for 134 yards last year. Look for Travis Taylor to get the start this week and for Koren Robinson to be activated

Vikings: Sharper has sprained MCL

News
    Vikings safety Darren Sharper will be on this week's injury report because of the knee injury he sustained in week two against the Bengals. An MRI exam revealed Sharper to have a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Views
    Sharper injured the PCL in the same knee last year and it affected him for the rest of the season. Expect Willie Offord, who intercepted a pass in week two, to see more playing time as a result of Sharper's injury.

Vikings: Henderson has high ankle sprain

News
    Vikings' starting weak side linebacker E.J. Henderson made it through their week two game against the Bengals despite suffering a high right ankle sprain. Henderson is in an immobilizing boot and a brace is being made for him to wear, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Views
    You need to be pretty tough to play through a high ankle sprain. The injury usually sidelines players for a month minimum. Don't expect to see a lot of Henderson this week. If he can't play at all, Dontarrious Thomas would get the start.

Vikings: Culpepper nursing sore knee

News
    Daunte Culpepper's quarterback rating isn't the only thing that's hurting. The Vikings' signal caller has also been nursing a sore right knee since the season-opening loss to the Buccaneers. He was wearing a tight elastic brace on the knee in week two against the Bengals, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The knee did not prevent him from practicing and the exact nature of the problem is not known.

Views
    Just what fantasy owners needed...more reason to worry about the quarterback they drafted in the first round. Culpepper should be able to play through what appears to be a minor injury, however, it is worth noting that he only ran two times in week two.

No wonder why Pep didn't run. As if 0-2 weren't enough, we have all these injuries. I hope going to the Saints game this week will make a difference and we win! :grin:

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Re: Injury Bug

Here is more:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. The 0-and-2 Minnesota Vikings will likely be without two starters for Sunday's game against New Orleans.

Wide receiver Nate Burleson sprained his left knee in last week's loss at Cincinnati and is listed as doubtful. Linebacker E-J Henderson sprained his right ankle and is also doubtful despite playing the entire second half with the injury against the Bengals.

On the plus side for the Vikings is news that middle linebacker Sam Cowart should return from a strained left calf that kept him out against Cincinnati. And free safety Darren Sharper, who sprained his left knee against the Bengals, is also listed as probable.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Hooversham is offline Starter

Here is EVEN more:

Eden Prairie, Minn. Vikings head coach Mike Tice reportedly had his brain removed during the offseason. It was allegedly replaced with skittles and bong resin.

This is of little note to many football fans, especially those of the Vikings. One fan, when interviewed concerning the labotomy, stated "What the heck difference would that make? The guy couldn't find his ass with two hands anyway." Owner Zigi Wilf was not available for comment. Wilf, currently campaigning for his new stadium in Anoka county, has eluded, however, to encasing Tice is a block of string cheese and burying him under the construction site.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Hooversham" wrote:
    Here is EVEN more:

Eden Prairie, Minn. Vikings head coach Mike Tice reportedly had his brain removed during the offseason. It was allegedly replaced with skittles and bong resin.

This is of little note to many football fans, especially those of the Vikings. One fan, when interviewed concerning the labotomy, stated "What the heck difference would that make? The guy couldn't find his jiggly butt with two hands anyway." Owner Zigi Wilf was not available for comment. Wilf, currently campaigning for his new stadium in Anoka county, has eluded, however, to encasing Tice is a block of string cheese and burying him under the construction site.

HAHA.. Bong resin from one of my bongs!

Yah that sucks about all the injurys though.. Most of them are our key players.. Our best corner, WR, Safety, and possibly LB.. Hopefully we are 100 percent or atleast close come sunday :grin:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

K. Udeze is also listed as probable for Sunday along with Sam & Darren. Still looking like Nate & E.J. won't be in. I bet we see more of K-Rob other than just returning kicks. He just might be the silver lining in the cloud we've been looking for. I pray to God that nothing happens to Kluwe. Can that guy punt or what?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

U know it singer! Kluwe is the next Shane Lechler!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Latest Player Status for Sun???

What does everyone know about the latest status for everyone?

EJ is out I believe I read on a thread.
    Nate is out for sure correct?

What about Sharper?

Cowart is supposed to be available right?

I guess as time to game time ticks away we can update the current status.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast