View Poll Results: Which receiver do you want the Vikings to sign this off-season?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wes Welker

1 5.00%
  • Greg Jennings

6 30.00%
  • Dwayne Bowe

5 25.00%
  • Mike Wallace

5 25.00%
  • Brian Hartline

1 5.00%
  • None of the listed

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings Hunt For Wide Receiver

We have Wright and if wearing Harvin then one more is probably what we can expect.

Plus a few more TEs

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Bowe is more versatile than Wallace, as he can run vertical routes and make tough catches throughout the route tree due to his size and strength. He's also benefited less than everyone, save Hartline, from his QBs, though Tannehill didn't look bad this season.

Welker is quick, obviously runs great routes and is very reliable. But he can't make things happen on his own, hugely benefits from his QB and the pieces around him who threaten the defense vertically. He's old too, and short.

I think Bowe would be the best choice.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We have Wright and if wearing Harvin then one more is probably what we can expect.

Plus a few more TEs
    If Spielman decides to keep Harvin, I hope sure as hell hope he gives Harvin a new contract before FA. If he doesn't and only assumes he still be able to keep Harvin under his rookie contract, I can see Spielman sticking with Wright, Harvin & Simpson, rely on being able to pick up a WR in the draft without moving up huge to take one, waiting to see how Childs, Burton & Summers progress & watch idly as the top FA WR's get signed elsewhere. Then when TC rolls around & the FA WR pool is dried up, Harvin demands a trade because he didn't get a new contract & sits out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Vikings Hunt For Wide Receiver

I am expecting them to deal with Harvin before the draft by either getting him a new contract or trading him.

We should be able to get a mid first for him plus a developmental player.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Greg Jennings is Green Bay's best receiver, but I have to say all those guys are really good and they don't exaggerate when they say that they have the best wide receiver group in the NFL.

James Jones has always been inconsistent, but showed tremendous potential. This season he finally got it together and if he continues like this into the next season he is the Packers best receiver.

Jordy Nelson is great and had his breakthrough season last year. Was plagued by injuries this season.

Cobb is great, but is in the same mold as Percy Harvin. Not a true outside receiver.

Donald Driver is old and will retire.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Spielman will not pick up any big name free agents. He will grab someone cheap out of the leftover bin of free agency.
    He said as much in his press conference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post

James Jones has always been inconsistent, but showed tremendous potential. This season he finally got it together and if he continues like this into the next season he is the Packers best receiver.
    Yep. He is outplaying Jennings.

Jordy Nelson is great and had his breakthrough season last year. Was plagued by injuries this season.
    And Jennings isn't? How many games have each missed this year?

Cobb is great, but is in the same mold as Percy Harvin. Not a true outside receiver.
    Jennings is also a slot type or Z WR and not an outside "X" guy like most of the Vikings fans want. Wallace would fit that mold. I just want them to do a better job drafting WR's and not keep overpaying in FA for guys that really don't give the team what they need.

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Wallace would be nice to get the Def to play back.. give wright & harvin some wiggle room to make more plays out of the short passes.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkar View Post
    Wallace would be nice to get the Def to play back.. give wright & harvin some wiggle room to make more plays out of the short passes.
    Jennings has been hurt for most of the past 2 or 3 years...giving him a fat contract would scare the hell out of me. I think he's going to sign in Miami with Hartline and his old buddy that used to work in GB, Philbin. I'd bet Bowe stays in KC, cuz Reid likes to pass too much.

That pretty much leaves Wallace. Sure, he's a one trick pony, but it happens to be the one we need most. And, hopefully, he got a dose of humility this season and won't be asking for astronomical salary numbers. Still, I'm pretty sure somebody will pay him more than we're willing.

I think we might have to draft 2.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post

He would never get away with all those push offs if he was a Viking.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast