Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' hot streak launches re-born Childress off hot seat

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    i think he's just saying that he's only had 4 good games, so he doesn't have enough body of work to say he's the future at the position.

i think everyone feels that way... last year i don't think you could say that about Romo either.. but now obviously you can for the most part...

I also wonder if maybe it's chiller playing mind games to keep TJ focused and grounded even though he seems to be a grounded guy..

but i doo see what your saying in how vague and hesitant he was to crown him.. but i think it has more to do with chilly keeping to "the we must continue to improve" theme.. kinda like Belichek and the humble pie routine
    That must be it my friend.
    He is some sort of Physc major or head doctor or something like that.
    Just playing mind games with TJ and I.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read my friend.
    Thanks.

Little nugget in there though that causes me to wonder as I have seen it a couple of other times with respect to the Chiller and TJ.

"Everyone wants me to crown the guy," he said, "but it's still about a body of work. So he's strung something together. That's what good guys do.
    I still wonder if TJ is really what Chiller had in mind for a QB at this stage of his tenure.
    I for one give our scouting staff and coach Rodgers more credit for TJ than I do the Chiller.
    If you read all the stories TJ is a McNabb in training which is what Chilly wants, no questions... he has even said that TJ is ahead of where McNabb was at this point in his career... he's just saying that TJ has a ways to go to be McNabb and he could fall off the bus anywhere along that path.
    I do not want him to be McNabb. I want a Super Bowl!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    i think he's just saying that he's only had 4 good games, so he doesn't have enough body of work to say he's the future at the position.

i think everyone feels that way... last year i don't think you could say that about Romo either.. but now obviously you can for the most part...

I also wonder if maybe it's chiller playing mind games to keep TJ focused and grounded even though he seems to be a grounded guy..

but i doo see what your saying in how vague and hesitant he was to crown him.. but i think it has more to do with chilly keeping to "the we must continue to improve" theme.. kinda like Belichek and the humble pie routine
    I think the Chiller is just being honest. Sure, he's improved but as we all saw last night there's still a ways to go.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

I think the Chiller is just being honest. Sure, he's improved but as we all saw last night there's still a ways to go.
    I agree my friend.

Last nights performance is what bothers me a bit.
    Most of it I attribute to other parts of the Offensive players but alot of his mistakes could have been eliminated if he would have just not tried to make the heroic play.

"Everyone wants me to crown the guy," he said, "but it's still about a body of work. So he's strung something together. That's what good guys do.
    I wonder if he will ever out grow that and I attribute comments out of the Chiller like the ones above to a assumption that maybe, just maybe the Chiller thinks that way as well.
    Rationale is I got used to "Denny Speak" and pay close attention to what the HC says because of it, especially when they say the same thing more than once or twice.
    In this case the Chiller has said this (or words of this nature) several times.

Then you throw in the fact that I am almost 100% sure that the staff (and not just the Chiller) settled on TJ cause the front office screwed the pooch on Cutler and Clemens and the Chiller is only holding the party line on the whole QB issue.

With that said, I really think that he (the Chiller) will push the front office pukes to get him a better option at QB next year (and sometime before the last pre-season game for Cripes sake) just in case TJ doesn't continue to improve and will lobby to draft another QB someplace in the 4th - 6th rounds next year.

We have a very good core group of players, next years draft will add alot of quality depth/future stars, throw in a solid Vet QB, DE, CB, OL (C/G) and a WR to plug a few holes and we will be something to be reckoned with my friends for several years to come.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

I agree my friend.

Last nights performance is what bothers me a bit.
    Most of it I attribute to other parts of the Offensive players but alot of his mistakes could have been eliminated if he would have just not tried to make the heroic play.

I wonder if he will ever out grow that and I attribute comments out of the Chiller like the ones above to a assumption that maybe, just maybe the Chiller thinks that way as well.
    Rationale is I got used to "Denny Speak" and pay close attention to what the HC says because of it, especially when they say the same thing more than once or twice.
    In this case the Chiller has said this (or words of this nature) several times.

Then you throw in the fact that I am almost 100% sure that the staff (and not just the Chiller) settled on TJ cause the front office screwed the pooch on Cutler and Clemens and the Chiller is only holding the party line on the whole QB issue.

With that said, I really think that he (the Chiller) will push the front office pukes to get him a better option at QB next year (and sometime before the last pre-season game for Cripes sake) just in case TJ doesn't continue to improve and will lobby to draft another QB someplace in the 4th - 6th rounds next year.

We have a very good core group of players, next years draft will add alot of quality depth/future stars, throw in a solid Vet QB, DE, CB, OL (C/G) and a WR to plug a few holes and we will be something to be reckoned with my friends for several years to come.
    Can't agree with you more my friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12