Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Vikings are horrible

Green Bay also had a bye week there champ...I'd say we have some pretty healthy running backs...
    Also remember we just got big Grady Jackson back. In the Vikings last 3 games they have averaged giving up 122 rushing yard per game. Since the Packers got Grady Jackson back, they are only giving up about 62 yards on the ground. So, A) I wouldn't say you have fresher backs than we do, we had 2 weeks off. Don't worry, they'll be fresh. B) Grady Jackson is a big part of our D. Dont even think you're gonna come and run all over us.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Vikings are horrible

How can you feel good about a game like that. We did loose the game because they gave up, primarily in the last two minutes of the 1st half.

If it wasn't for the punt return this thing would have been a blowout.

Anybody remember last year? 6-0 did not go on to win the division or make the playoffs and that is where we will end again this year.

I agree with Red, sell them to someone in LA and either give up or start over.

We will do well to stay within 21 of Green Bay next week.

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings are horrible

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    Green Bay also had a bye week there champ...I'd say we have some pretty healthy running backs...
    Also remember we just got big Grady Jackson back. In the Vikings last 3 games they have averaged giving up 122 rushing yard per game. Since the Packers got Grady Jackson back, they are only giving up about 62 yards on the ground. So, A) I wouldn't say you have fresher backs than we do, we had 2 weeks off. Don't worry, they'll be fresh. B) Grady Jackson is a big part of our D. Dont even think you're gonna come and run all over us.
    And what Tice would say to this is, "I was an offensive line coach. We will run the ball, and we will run it well." or at least something to that extent.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

We will run on the packers and we will run right at fat as Grady, that fool can't save your team.

You guys played freakin dallas, they dont even run, you played the washington redskin who practicly can't run the ball. That offense is not for Portis he gets no blocking. 62 yards isnt very much but you and big grady will get your oportunity to stop O Smith to 62 yards, i highly doubt you will contain him.

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Vikings are horrible

How can you feel good about a game like that. We did loose the game because they gave up, primarily in the last two minutes of the 1st half.
    They gave up? What qualify's you to make such a judgement like that?

If it wasn't for the punt return this thing would have been a blowout.
    Well, if johnstone hadn't hit Manning late, they aren't in field goal position. There's a lot of "what if's" on both sides. The punt return happened, so fucking deal with it.

Anybody remember last year? 6-0 did not go on to win the division or make the playoffs and that is where we will end again this year
    Wanna bet?

I agree with Red, sell them to someone in LA and either give up or start over.
    Why don't you just do us a favor and go to L.A. yourself? Or hell...which ever is easier for you.

We will do well to stay within 21 of Green Bay next week.
    Yes...the mighty Packers...who are 1-3 at home, won vs Washington only due to a late penalty, did worse vs Indy and Tennessee. :roll:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    Yeah, I will just bet that Najeh has something FRESH for us...and as for Grady, we will just run away from his side and his fat ass won't be able to get into position to do anything. After seeing Onterrio run last night, I will predict that he will have a monster game! He was juking and spinning and breaking tackles and running like a man possessed...he will do more of the same this Sunday...he would have had well over 100 yards if he didn't have to share the ball with Bennett. Hell, both backs might have over 100 next Sunday...if the O-Line wants to rise to the challenge of rolling over you guys.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikings are horrible

While I agree in trying to establish the run Tice should not be announcing it to the world days before kickoff. You might as well radio in the plays directly to the Colts D. When asked by the media what the approach to the game would be without Moss, Tice can't announce that the Vikes are now a running team. Come out and say that nothing is going to change! You got what many in the press are calling the MVP quarterback and while the receivers are not Mosses, between the three you have three different types of receivers to make plays happen. The Vikes saw what the Chiefs did to the Colts D with one good tight end and mediocre receivers. There is no reason the Vikings could not do the same.

I said it last year after the Vikes could not put away the Bears to clinch a playoff spot that this conservative approach and not taking shots down the field employed by Linehan is ridiculous. You know where the Colts winkest link is. ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

Then when the 2nd quarter was winding down. Take a time out, take a shot in the end zone, if it does not work then kick a field goal. I was at the game last night and was screaming that we are not going to beat the Colts by kicking field goals. The Colts fans next to me seemed to agree. While the Vikes were able to still make it a game, this bonehead decision is another that leads to another L.

As for Tice, I was a supportor even through all of last year and up to a couple of games ago. But through the last two games, the decisions he is making are horrible. Even if he gets us to the playoffs, he needs to make decisions that build upon and are driven by the Vikings strengths and what has got them the 5 wins so far this season. If this can't be done it is time to go.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Vikings are horrible

CajunVike are you that proud of your running attack? You were juking and breaking tackles against a defense that would give up 30 to a pop warner football team. Our D-Line is a lot better with Grady. Go ahead and run away from Jackson, see where that leads you. Bennett and Onterrio running for 100 each? I'd be willing to bet millions that it doesnt happen. Your bragging about your great running attack in a loss...good job. How about the fact that you couldn't stop the run if your life depended on it? Put 8 in the box and our receivers will straight up school your D-Backs. You have no one who can guard Walker one on one. Keep talking up your defense...We'll see what happens on Sunday and if you'll be talking then. And don't even talk about Davenport doing stupid stuff, half your team was in jail this summer. Give me a break.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

No, I could see it. We can run on the pack-asses. Maybe we won't have 2 - 100 yd rushers but we will have more total rushing yards.

Our defensive sceme will be different against the pack-asses. We will play your rcvr with single coverage and put pressure on Favre. Make Favre beat us or beat himself. We get two picks in this game also.

I know it is so, Onterio told me so while we were taking hits off his bong. All this was happening while we were driving to the jail to break out our homies so we could play the pack this week.

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Vikings are horrible

"PurpleReign" wrote:
    [quote]
    They gave up? What qualify's you to make such a judgement like that?

Age and experience primarily. Having rooted for the Vikings since their first season, playing and coaching football. There are only two reasons that you only get off 5 plays in the last 1:53 of a half in the NFL. Either you are stupid or you lack urgency and I do not think they are stupid.

It brings me no joy but if they played the end of the 1st half with urgency and managed the clock to score a touchdown rather than set up for the field goal we have 4 more points and win by 1 the way the game turns out.

Thanks for asking.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast